Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So We Are 80 What Now? Volume 3 Flame&Frost Retribution

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Like A Boss Patch Break Down

So here we are 5 days from the final patch in the Flame and Frost Trilogy. Has it lived up to everything that you wanted? So what now is the usual phrase we say a lot in gaming?  Well something that has me the most excited in a long time. Is the custom arena system about to be added nice! That will allow us to go solo and finally duel. Even better are you can actually do it with a nice audience for bragging rights?

Another thing nice is the Living Story actually getting a major instance for use. I look forward to some new content I can figure out. I like being a solo artist so let’s see if I can roll this one. I’m not that keen on the back guild flags. I could give it a name but it would get me banned off the net nowadays if I said it. The Quaggan guild race might be fun. One hundred cool points to Arena Net if we DO NOT sound like Quaggan during the race.

Now while we are on the topic of new things and innovations. How do you guys feel about raiding content being in need in this game? Do you think it will work? Will you rage like a 10 year old if it happens? Will you embrace it like an adult who knows it’s sorely needed? I make a strong suggestion in the video on a solution for that.

My next grudge or rather suggestion is rather simple. For the love of god hire the Second Life community to make us proper clothes in the shop. Someone do something valid that we can have a sense of unique style. Right now the shop is lacking big time. You think something that has the potential to give the company massive money. Would be more in a better place with variety, sadly this is not the case at the moment.

My last suggestion is we need more dungeons and variety to the dungeons. No one really wants to do them anymore. And new dungeons will not stem this distaste. Unless they come out with innovations or change it up a bit. At any rate that’s all for me hope you enjoyed it. And sound off as much as you like. I’m sure plenty of issues I didn’t say are out there. These are just the immediate ones I think are easy fixes.

Comments

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256

I really don't want any more dungeons unless the armor actually looks exciting. after Arah, CoF and TA, I don't really like any of the other max level armor looks for cloth. they just look so boring. except maybe the Sorrows Embrace armor, but damn those moles make me not want to ever do path 2 or 3 of that thing. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I hope they do something with it. Because no way the community going to keep doing them for the rest of the year. Even if they added another two or three that won't matter.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

So here we are 5 days from the final patch in the Flame and Frost Trilogy. Has it lived up to everything that you wanted? So what now is the usual phrase we say a lot in gaming?  Well something that has me the most excited in a long time. Is the custom arena system about to be added nice! That will allow us to go solo and finally duel. Even better are you can actually do it with a nice audience for bragging rights?

This will be fun.  It might get old after awhile though.   Arena-net should add some kind of incentive for participating in them.. whether it's achievements or valor rank, or crafting rewards, etc.  They could let spectators vote on teams or members too.

Another thing nice is the Living Story actually getting a major instance for use. I look forward to some new content I can figure out. I like being a solo artist so let’s see if I can roll this one. I’m not that keen on the back guild flags. I could give it a name but it would get me banned off the net nowadays if I said it. The Quaggan guild race might be fun. One hundred cool points to Arena Net if we DO NOT sound like Quaggan during the race.

I hope this instance isn't a one-time deal.  It could actually be permanent if they wanted it to be.  They could change the story dialogue after awhile.

The flags on backs looks ridiculous.  I hated how they looked in WoW's arenas and now GW2 will have them.  I would rather have Guild cloaks and tabards instead

Now while we are on the topic of new things and innovations. How do you guys feel about raiding content being in need in this game? Do you think it will work? Will you rage like a 10 year old if it happens? Will you embrace it like an adult who knows it’s sorely needed? I make a strong suggestion in the video on a solution for that.

I don't believe there will be raiding in this patch or anytime soon.  Do i think GW2 needs it?  I'm not really sure.  I guess it depends on the way it's implemented.  As of now, guilds have "raids" for bounties and rushes, but to me, it's not really classic raiding, which takes coordination and tactics.

My next grudge or rather suggestion is rather simple. For the love of god hire the Second Life community to make us proper clothes in the shop. Someone do something valid that we can have a sense of unique style. Right now the shop is lacking big time. You think something that has the potential to give the company massive money. Would be more in a better place with variety, sadly this is not the case at the moment.

Custom content would be amazing for GW2.  That's why SL and virtual worlds have a strong following.  I don't think Arena-net would ever do this though, since they want to control which type of clothing is appropriate for their world.  But i agree with you, they need better styles. lol.

My last suggestion is we need more dungeons and variety to the dungeons. No one really wants to do them anymore. And new dungeons will not stem this distaste. Unless they come out with innovations or change it up a bit. At any rate that’s all for me hope you enjoyed it. And sound off as much as you like. I’m sure plenty of issues I didn’t say are out there. These are just the immediate ones I think are easy fixes.

They have enough dungeons in my opinion.  They just need to make them accessible earlier, at around level 15.   They also need to scale them properly for beginners and max levels.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

What's with this one-sided, biased bullshit?    If we don't like raiding we're "raging like 10 year olds", but if we like it we're adults"; pure rubbish.  I'm sorry you've been brainwashed by other games, really I am.  But this game is in no need for raiding, and is not designed for such content in the sense that you are wanting it.  

Instanced raiding is set with group number restrictions because the mechanics of said content is set to be gated, restrictive, and set a certain way so that only certain classes and builds can go together.  Not only would this kind of content cause major issues within a community and bring a lot of raging itself, but...it's just not possible.   Why?  Because this game tossed out the "Holy  Trinity" and built a more action oriented combat system.   Also, raiding doesn't fit into the lore set up of the game or it's content as a whole.

The Quaggan race transforms you and your guildmates into Quaggan for the race, so you'd better believe you'll sound like a Quaggan during it.

The clothing shop has had many things added to it and removed and so on.  Holiday wear has come and gone during Halloween and Wintersday.   But, besides designing unique shop gear, they don't want to focus it all there.  Small pieces here and there while the bulk of additions are going to be free stuff for players that are obtainable in the game.   Unlike the simplistic Second Life, this game isn't F2P and they need to entice new players and justify the $60 paid.   This kind of good will towards the paying customers will get them to then, by choice, purchase stuff from the in-game store.

Last note I would like to say is that I'm not going to click on your video and give you views.  You sound like someone who has no clue on what game that they're talking about (let alone if you're actually playing it), and just try to find controversial bullshit topics to talk about, plug into a fan forum, and bait people to go to your video.  No dice.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Raiding? Why do we need raiding? This isn't some archaic substandard quality gear treadmill grindfest where the only way to progress (and the only endgame actually available) is the latest raid and only the latest raid. Look at WoW for example. Raids in WoW are the forever moving endgames needed to force people to play countless hours on end in order to keep up with the constantly moving gear score required for the next raid etc. When you're at endgame in WoW, you pretty much have one raid, period (with maybe a dungeon added like those dragon ones were back in Lich King). That's it... the latest raid. New raid comes out and the last one is obsolete and forgotten as people race to the latest. Screw that... GW2 certainly doesn't need that. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Raiding? Why do we need raiding? This isn't some archaic substandard quality gear treadmill grindfest where the only way to progress (and the only endgame actually available) is the latest raid and only the latest raid. Look at WoW for example. Raids in WoW are the forever moving endgames needed to force people to play countless hours on end in order to keep up with the constantly moving gear score required for the next raid etc. When you're at endgame in WoW, you pretty much have one raid, period (with maybe a dungeon added like those dragon ones were back in Lich King). That's it... the latest raid. New raid comes out and the last one is obsolete and forgotten as people race to the latest. Screw that... GW2 certainly doesn't need that. 

I agree - people want to make GW2 into something it is not. I am enjoying the game as it is.

If you want raiding, there are plenty of games that allow that.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    No new dungeons. More open world bosses. I don't care if I ever see another dungeon.
  • MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332

Raiding well are you going to act like an "adult" when you get the same gear i can get not raiding? The answer for most raiders is no, why raid if I can't get the best gear in the game doing it?   I'd rather Anet spend zero effort on raiding and work other content that I will play. 

Don't know about clothes cause I don't wear them. 

If dungeons added are more of the same then no don't add any new. I think fractals was a nice addtion in that it's differnet from the others. If a dungeon can be offered that is different, clever, fresh yeah that would be nice I'd put effort into that. 

There can still be classic raiding without a gear treadmill.  Instanced raiding for guild-exclusive content is missing.  Sure, you can argue that guild bounties and rushes are guild content, but it's open-world and everyone can join.  Some players prefer guild achievements solely for their guilds.  There doesn't need to be tiered gear either.  For now, there is only 5 man dungeons for guilds.  Either way, it doesn't bother me if there is or isn't, since i don't like large scale raiding, but others do.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by observer
    There can still be classic raiding without a gear treadmill.  Instanced raiding for guild-exclusive content is missing.  Sure, you can argue that guild bounties and rushes are guild content, but it's open-world and everyone can join.  Some players prefer guild achievements solely for their guilds.  There doesn't need to be tiered gear either.  For now, there is only 5 man dungeons for guilds.  Either way, it doesn't bother me if there is or isn't, since i don't like large scale raiding, but others do.

I do agree that there should be a bit more push with guilds, far as being exclusive, not so sure but yea guild raids don't sound bad to me.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

100 cool points to Anet if we DO sound like Quaggan during the race. 

Such comments really are unnecessary. Most don't want raids, as they really are not needed in GW2. If you want to go around with your guild, pick a map and play together for crying out loud. Make your own content! Why do you need a raid to tell you guys to play together? Go to some of the less visited maps and just clear it. Level new characters together as a guild. Join WvW as a guild. When custom arenas come out, pitch in and buy a custom arena. Again, why do you need structured content to tell you to play together? Isn't the big push today for unstructured? 

Off topic, but the problem today isn't that game developers don't provide guilds with enough group content. The problem is that guilds are no longer creative in finding something to do together. They expect the developer to tell them that they can do this together. 

Is that a result of our gaming culture now, or the result of the game? Will more dungeons and a variety of dungeons really help with people not wanting to run them all the time? I get the feeling that even if Anet made a completely random dungeon, people would still grow bored of it after a while.

Originally posted by observer

I hope this instance isn't a one-time deal.  It could actually be permanent if they wanted it to be.  They could change the story dialogue after awhile.

The flags on backs looks ridiculous.  I hated how they looked in WoW's arenas and now GW2 will have them.  I would rather have Guild cloaks and tabards instead

I think this dungeon itself is a one-time thing. Something that will last through the month of may, and then close forever. I think it's actually a very interesting model. Especially if they continue it with the next story in their living story. Imagine, a new dungeon introduced every 3-4 months and then disappearing for forever. It may keep them from becoming "stale", and from feeling like you need to run dungeon w,x,y just to catch up to z.  Not to mention the mixture of open world and instanced content is interesting, and I'm curious to see where they will take it over the coming months/years.

Originally posted by avalon1000

No new dungeons. More open world bosses. I don't care if I ever see another dungeon.

Why can't it be both? I doubt the have only one team working on both dungeons AND open world content. 

Originally posted by bookworm438

Such comments really are unnecessary. Most don't want raids, as they really are not needed in GW2. If you want to go around with your guild, pick a map and play together for crying out loud. Make your own content! Why do you need a raid to tell you guys to play together? Go to some of the less visited maps and just clear it. Level new characters together as a guild. Join WvW as a guild. When custom arenas come out, pitch in and buy a custom arena. Again, why do you need structured content to tell you to play together? Isn't the big push today for unstructured? 

Off topic, but the problem today isn't that game developers don't provide guilds with enough group content. The problem is that guilds are no longer creative in finding something to do together. They expect the developer to tell them that they can do this together.

I disagree with you there.  One can only do so much with the content given to them.  The world is there, but the interaction and the tools aren't useful, or not even existent.  Content creation isn't supported by themepark MMOs.  Virtual worlds such as Second Life have tools to extend the experience, but MMOs do not, and although some sandbox mmos try, it's still very limited.  The only thing guilds can do, is to set up schedules on a website for events, but they are still limited by what they can actually do in game.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by avalon1000

I'd rather see both but the game needs something to work for and something of substance because this fluff is what caused alot to quit.  There truely is no endgame currently and that is why the game sucks once you've aquired all the exotic gear.

SUP

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I don't think we need a skinner box -_- ANet already took a hit when they released ascended gear for the treadmill crowd.

The only "raids" I believe we could use are 2-3 team dungeons or instances. The gear should be unique in appearance ONLY as well. Perhaps new titles, effects, and unique looking gear (a la Voltaic Spear and Bone Dragon Staff), but I see no reason to add another tier.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP....same answer Arenanet has for WvW play

Pretend it didn't happen and do it all over again.