Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game sucks ass dont buy it

This game is terribly horrible. The UI is ugly and unintuitive. The gameplay is slow and lackluster. The world is barren of anything interesting to look at. Just about looks like a random terrain generator did the work. The cities are nothing but walls an a couple of sprites claiming to be things. The combat is nothing impressive. Dont waste your money on this piece of shit. Play one of the many other games out there.

Comments

• KermsKerms Member Posts: 40

I just upgraded my comp and got this game working. I really enjoy it. I think it's very immersive. The world is huge, and the drawdistance is very high.

I guess you are entitled to your own obnoxious opinion though so carry on.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

Is the game client real time now? It seemed to lag behind when I was playing.  By this I mean, it seemed things happened a split second after I did them, as if I had a really bad connection, which I don't.

They referred to this as hitching I believe? The blamed the debug mode.

Anyhow, is it gone?

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I agree on the UI. And the rest you could have checked on youtube if it was up your alley. Seems like you bought a game without checking it out. So why complain about it on forum? I'm enjoying this more then all the other mmo's I've played the last couple of years.
  • MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Xandramas
    This game is terribly horrible. The UI is ugly and unintuitive. The gameplay is slow and lackluster. The world is barren of anything interesting to look at. Just about looks like a random terrain generator did the work. The cities are nothing but walls an a couple of sprites claiming to be things. The combat is nothing impressive. Dont waste your money on this piece of shit. Play one of the many other games out there.

I swear DFUW has trolls that post this kind of shit with no backup just random complaning just to try and keep the game down.    Its is the best game out there right now bar none IMO.  Having a blast playing it.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Clearly not a bait thread. Don't ban the op.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

if i got a penny for all who claim having blast in first weeks but after month or 2 quit and then come to forums trashing i would be rich.

I hope you enjoy it all but game is dumb down version of first one that was already dumb down after few years.

Seen video's om youtube and it looks alot worse then Darkfall 1 UI-combat animation spell effects aweful.

Only thing i like is improvement on enviroment sounds.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Personal experiences vary.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

Is the game client real time now? It seemed to lag behind when I was playing.  By this I mean, it seemed things happened a split second after I did them, as if I had a really bad connection, which I don't.

Anyhow, is it gone?

I don't experience this.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

Anyhow, is it gone?

So many things can cause hitching,gpu power trying to draw too many objects,how far in the distance it draws at full resolution will do that.They might not be using and code to help draw only what you need to see.You seem sure you have a good connection to the server.If you know the ip adress of server you can do a ping to it and see if your connect is solid or does the game have a ping reader built in?

I get hitching all over the place in every game because my Canadian internet is crap.I am a long time fps player,so i notice latency very easily even within small increments of lag.What my long time experience has shown me is that even 1% packet loss can cause graphics to not draw,not sure if has to do with priority or gpu just tends to be first to take a hit from lag.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Once you set the UI yourself, and tweak it some, it's actually not that bad. There are many suggestions on the forum on different keybindings you can do to make your life in Agon easier. Sure, as it is, it ain't good. But there are fixes for it. I personally love the looks of the game, and riding around on this enormous map without any loading screen is just pure joy. The server sure needs some upgrades to make the load lag go away, cause that's my biggest concern atm. And with all new Steam players, I think it's gonna get even worse, and if AV ain't up for it, this can come bite them hard in the ass soon.
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

if i got a penny for all who claim having blast in first weeks but after month or 2 quit and then come to forums trashing i would be rich.

I hope you enjoy it all but game is dumb down version of first one that was already dumb down after few years.

Seen video's om youtube and it looks alot worse then Darkfall 1 UI-combat animation spell effects aweful.

Only thing i like is improvement on enviroment sounds.

You would have zero pennies because the game has only been out for one week. If you're referring to beta, I can say the game has improved a lot in just one week.  They needed the population in game to tweak the system in order to optimize it.

• BroverpowerdBroverpowerd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Dumbed down version? Do you miss bunny hopping glitch? Or the afk macroing? Oh wait you probably never played DF1. DFUW is amazing, don't come to forums trashing a game after you died and lost some R0 gear.
  • huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    OP, thanks for your brief, expletive opinion on the game. I think the whole purpose of this forum is to opine on games like this. What is not welcome is telling people not to buy it because you didn't like it. If your argument is persuasive you don't need to tell others what to do, it would be the only natural response. Once again, thanks for sharing.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

So I heard you were booing Gw2 because it doesn't have many skills. 

How is a 2-button game the best MMO ever? :D 

Aaaand another overly hyped MMO bites the dust ^_^ 

It costs to buy the game and it has sub frees. I expect it to go F2P in the next 6 months xD *Looks at Tera*

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

As a DF1 "vet" who was in a 2-3 month long rage fit over the changes in aesthetics and gamepley (classes, etc), I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.  There have been vast improvements over what I experienced in early beta, and the reworked prowess system is ok with me.  The delay/hitching problems that prevailed early on don't seem to be present any longer, but there are reports of memory leaks leading to stuttering performance.  I've noticed some of this stuttering after playing for a few hours; that's usually my queue that I should go pee or get a sandwich or something.

Overall, the game's certainly not finished, but it's a load of fun.  It's all about what one expects from the game he/she is playing.  It's AV, so I didn't expect much, and was delivered more.  As long as they keep communication up and listen to the players (as they've been doing), the game should turn out to be pretty spiffy.

-Pink Floyd, Neighborhood Watch

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

lol random terrain generator.  do you even know what game you're referring to?

way to discredit yourself immediately with one sentence.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    He's right about the UI though.

They need to hire someone who knows about good uis. It's up there with Aoc as far as bad stock ui goes.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    He's right about the UI though.

They need to hire someone who knows about good uis. It's up there with Aoc as far as bad stock ui goes.

From what I understand, they did and Tork Shaw is no longer working there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfEF0bS6_Q

Meh, I rather stick with D&D: Neverwinter as my crosshair action MMO, it's even going to be free :) And it comes close to my favorite game, that is Gw2
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    Meh, I rather stick with D&D: Neverwinter as my crosshair action MMO, it's even going to be free :) And it comes close to my favorite game, that is Gw2

What it doesn't have though is the open world ffa full loot pvp.  Sounds like some "quick time" fun. 

Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

What it doesn't have though is the open world ffa full loot pvp.  Sounds like some "quick time" fun. 

Full loot pvp game with subs is way too optimistic xD

The only game currently able to do this is EVE Online and EVEN that game has high sec for people that don't want to PvP. So yeah, based on that I don't think this game will last although I do enjoy open PvP. For example, to this day Lineage 2 is one of my favorite games, but after playing it since beta i've decided to finally move on :P 

I don't see this happening with darkfall 

This discussion has been closed.