Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter trending and statistics

Comments

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by dantheman13
    Originally posted by Tuktz
    Originally posted by Casca9226
    Yea its lookin pretty grim. If every one of the backers could pledge 100.00$ more dollars we would hit it today. Or if the europeans could own credit cards we would hit the mark also. I kow alot of euro's cant contribute yet wich is definetly not helping.

It's not as grim as it looks. All gaming  kickstarters have a big push at beginning and end, with lull in middle.

All those regression curves are based off the lull in the middle. They don't  account for the insane pushes lots of games see towards the end.

I did some research, and 30-40% push at end is pretty normal (last 3 or 4 days). (that's 600-800k)... which would have us hit exactly 2 M. Heck some had severall 100k pushes just in the LAST FEW HOURS.

But also once we hit 2 M paypal will get turned on, and get another big euro influx.

It'll take a lot of work for everyone over the next 2 weeks sure, but we'll get there.

I think there is a good chance the Kickstarter will fund, but I don't know if the reason why is what CSE is looking for.  I am predicting that the core backers who are really excited for this game are going to flip the bill and garantee that the Kickstarter makes it.  That should allow for the developement of CU, but the studio might interpret the smaller number of backers as a bleak future for the game.   

I dunno, I've seen a plethora of skepticm against the kickstarter, that people wouldn't have towards a game upon release.

I think a decent amount of people (40k - 60k) would play this at release, maybe more.

There are just things about kickstarter that hold people back.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Yea its lookin pretty grim. If every one of the backers could pledge 100.00$ more dollars we would hit it today. Or if the europeans could own credit cards we would hit the mark also. I kow alot of euro's cant contribute yet wich is definetly not helping.

Yeah, it's 1900 and we poor turnip chomping Europeans only have groats and victuals to trade...

Where does this misconception come from?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Yeah, it's 1900 and we poor turnip chomping Europeans only have groats and victuals to trade...

Oh come on ... it's a known fact.  

When my great granddad was shipped to the colony... he didn't bring any credit cards... so that proves it.

Other little known facts about Europe:

Prior to the last year of WWII it was all black and white and monochrome.

Colour was only introduced to Europe by Americans... along with (two wheeled) Motorcycles when Steve McQueen staged The Great Escape.

The Germans had Motorcycles up to that point - but only the three wheeled type (with sidecar).  Interestingly what isn't known is that originally these three wheeled motorcycles were known as the carriers of the Reich.  And since they had three wheels they were known as Drei-Reich to some germans...  Unfortunately - they had to change the name - since the translation of "Drei-Reich" is "Tri-Realm" and they were scared they would be sued for Trade Mark infringement!

True story!  

(Apologies to the Germans)

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• drakon3drakon3 Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal
    Originally posted by drakon3
    I'm even more excited now that I saw the building and crafting stuff.  But it's looking more and more bleak, even with the predicted rush at the end.  I'm still going to reduce my pledge to $25 unless the first two stretch goals are met.  I firmly believe those things should be in the game day1 regardless.

>.<

They're using kickstarter as a gauge of whether or not the interest for such a game is viable for development.  They won't have stretch goals met and ready to be implemented by the close of kickstarter.  You might as well just cancel if that's how you feel.

They're building the game as the kickstarter continues to generate additional hype and support; I would be extremely surprised if any of the ideas discussed thus far would be implemented in any form by the end of the kickstarter.

You completely missed the point of my post.  You act like I didn't read anything about CU before pledging...I'm not stupid.  I wasn't saying it had to coded and working by the end of kickstarter.  I personally feel the extra classes/races and the depths should be in the game on RELEASE day 1 regardless.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

I apologize if you feel I misunderstood your post, but saying, "I'm still going to reduce my pledge to $25 unless the first two stretch goals are met." implies that unless the first two stretch goals are met by the end of the kickstarter you'll be reducing your pledge, as you won't be able to reduce it before the game is actually released; you won't be able to increase it, either.

I agree with you that The Depths should be within the game on release day.. as much success as Darkness Falls was in DAoC, CSE would be traveling down the wrong path without it; or without implementing it within the first few months of release.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Germans do have less credit cards than in the UK and a number of shops don't accept them, well Visa anyway. Having said that, I seemed to manage to pledge to Elite using a mere debit card which everyone bar children and those too poor to be thinking of pledging have.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Did Kickstat die?

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Meh, don't know about this one, they would need 3,752 more people new to kickstart in $155.18 just to make goal. That's not counting the trolls that probably tier'd into the $10,000 marks just to drop out the final day (happens every time on these) so sadly I dont see it happening. 

I go back again to my comment that he should have had a better concept starting out and a better vision also a better written kickstarter. 

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by RefMinor

Germans do have less credit cards than in the UK and a number of shops don't accept them, well Visa anyway. Having said that, I seemed to manage to pledge to Elite using a mere debit card which everyone bar children and those too poor to be thinking of pledging have.

you do realize that this cc=credit card=all digital cards is bullshit that spin out of control, 95 or cards are debit and you need to be retarded to even own a real "credit " card , actually every shop will accept normal debit card, and more and more refuses to accept credit card

and this whole misconception of digital card called cc should be stopped, not that it will

its as stupid as those adversitments, "  get your life in shape get a credit card, never be late on payments again " they just leave out the fact that they will charge you gazilion for that

you need a job to own a credit card, but you need to be a mess in life to need one, and credit card isnt real card we use, that one would be called debit card, or just payment card if its not internet shoping enabled

• drakon3drakon3 Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Smikis

you do realize that this cc=credit card=all digital cards is bullshit that spin out of control, 95 or cards are debit and you need to be retarded to even own a real "credit " card , actually every shop will accept normal debit card, and more and more refuses to accept credit card

and this whole misconception of digital card called cc should be stopped, not that it will

its as stupid as those adversitments, "  get your life in shape get a credit card, never be late on payments again " they just leave out the fact that they will charge you gazilion for that

you need a job to own a credit card, but you need to be a mess in life to need one, and credit card isnt real card we use, that one would be called debit card, or just payment card if its not internet shoping enabled

The risk of using a debit card is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than using a credit card.  A debit card takes funds directly out of your checking account, which can be bad if someone gets your info.  Credit cards on the other hand are against a line of credit.  Providing you pay your entire bill every month, credit cards are a better and safer option. 

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by drakon3

The risk of using a debit card is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than using a credit card.  A debit card takes funds directly out of your checking account, which can be bad if someone gets your info.  Credit cards on the other hand are against a line of credit.  Providing you pay your entire bill every month, credit cards are a better and safer option. 

This, plus you do not need a job to own a credit card, where did you get that from?

95% are debit cards? That's crap.

Most sensible people also use credit cards over debit cards as it gives then a credit rating as well, debit cards do not.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ChillwolfChillwolf Member Posts: 33

You cannot be serious.  You do realize that a really high number of people use and in some cases require credit cards.  Pretty much anybody who travels for their company or job requires a credit card for, airline tickets, hotels, rental cars, and the list goes on.  My biggest business trip this year was 3.5 weeks in Nevada I racked up over 8,000 dollars in expenses, expenses reimbursed by my company but only after I return and file the correct peperwork.  There is no way i am taking 8 grand out of my checking account to cover work related travel, not to mention hotels and rental cars lock down a ton of cash in your acocunt if you attempt to use a debit card. 

On top of my reimbursed travel my credit card gives me pretty amazing points, combine the CC points with the hotel and airline points and I go on free vacations every year. 

Your entire post could not be more wrong.  As for the mess in life nonsense my entire account balance is paid monthly, it is a major contributior to my really high credit rating and the reason I qualify for and use a black card. 

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Regardless, this is going to be an interesting last few days.   Can't believe they only have 9,300 backers at this point.  That's quite frankly terrible.  They have to hope for a huge surge at the end like some other MMO games.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by SBE1
    Regardless, this is going to be an interesting last few days.   Can't believe they only have 9,300 backers at this point.  That's quite frankly terrible.  They have to hope for a huge surge at the end like some other MMO games.

Are you really that suprised?  Well he wanted a niche MMO and he got that... to the point the his lil project might possibely never get funded.  Either way, if it does get funded it will be a close call.  Then there will be the issue of maintaining said project after developement.

Either way will be intresting in how this will all turn out.  *readies some popcorn*

• anvilcrawleranvilcrawler Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Regardless of how niche the game is, I strongly feel that lack of stretch goals may have been a detriment. As someone noted (not sure if it was in this thread or another), the Kickstarter community loves stretch goals in my limited experience.
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by anvilcrawler
    Regardless of how niche the game is, I strongly feel that lack of stretch goals may have been a detriment. As someone noted (not sure if it was in this thread or another), the Kickstarter community loves stretch goals in my limited experience.

They also like to see an actual game prototype, not an essay on game design -- in my limited experience, of course.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by topographic

They also like to see an actual game prototype, not an essay on game design -- in my limited experience, of course.

In my limited experience,  I believe they have shown one today.....but my experience is limited,  of course.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383539/Open-Tech-Demo-2.html

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

They also can't figure out why they should have to pay a monthly fee when GW2 offers 3 team online combat for free (and lots of PVE content).  Just a cluster of really bad decisions.

Originally posted by Rigamortis

In my limited experience,  I believe they have shown one today.....but my experience is limited,  of course.

-Rig

Um, I'm pretty sure that was just a demo of someone building a house. That does not make a game. Try again.

Maybe if they added bots with ducks on their heads...wait...nope, that wouldn't make it a game prototype either.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by furbans
    Originally posted by SBE1

Are you really that suprised?  Well he wanted a niche MMO and he got that... to the point the his lil project might possibely never get funded.  Either way, if it does get funded it will be a close call.  Then there will be the issue of maintaining said project after developement.

Either way will be intresting in how this will all turn out.  *readies some popcorn*

I'm still trying to understand the rationale of marketing such a niche and selective mmo yet expecting to raise two motherfucking plus million dollars from KS. The whole things is crazy to me.

Considering the marketing they did and the threshold they set I personally think it is impressive how much they have raised. I have my doubts about MJ himself, but if this would have been handled differently frankly I think they could have gotten two million plus...but it wasn't and doubtful they will now.

Still, I think it shows companies there is an interest out there. Whether by CSE or another if marketed differently and possibly tackled from a different angle I think a game along these lines could be made and supported by KS.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

*Looks at other, most funded KS video game projects*

...Aye, you must have quite limited experience.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

-Rig

This video would make me want to back out. Glad I never pledged anything. While i"m excited for the concept of the game, like many have said, I don't support ideas. That video didn't give me much faith in the project to be honest. Flame me if you want, but if a company is asking me for money, they better show something better than that.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Originally posted by Elevenb4

-Rig

This video would make me want to back out. Glad I never pledged anything. While i"m excited for the concept of the game, like many have said, I don't support ideas. That video didn't give me much faith in the project to be honest. Flame me if you want, but if a company is asking me for money, they better show something better than that.

Yeah, I don't know what glasses the CU devotees are looking through, but rose-colored is an understatement.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

In all fairness to them there have been other games that asked for money without showing a ton beforehand.

If you don't though you better have a concept that piques a customer base, foundation, reasonable goal threshold, and marketing for being able to meet your expected goal

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

-Rig

Yeah, I don't know what glasses the CU devotees are looking through, but rose-colored is an understatement.

I'll be honest, and it hurts to say this. When I heard about CU, I was hyped, a lot. Not to the point of pledging (yet) but I was hyped. I was thinking, finally! This vid has taken my air if you will. Rosecolored is an understatement. What are they thinking releasing stuff like this? I wouldn't be surprised if this actually caused more people to back out.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

This discussion has been closed.