Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Elder Scrolls Online: First-Person, Exploring, and the Nightblade

124»

Comments

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by jfoytek

Well if this is a Quest Based Linear Themepark I am out!

I want a Sandbox, non linear, non quest based game inside of the world of Tamriel....

ESO is a story-based themepark mmo.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Illyssia
    Originally posted by jfoytek

Well if this is a Quest Based Linear Themepark I am out!

I want a Sandbox, non linear, non quest based game inside of the world of Tamriel....

ESO is a story-based themepark mmo.

Which is why, if they can't figure out how to do RVR, it will fail like all the other themeparks. [mod edit]

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    ESO should make two open world servers, one for pvp and one for pve, then ESO would never have conflicted players, everyone will be happy.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Zillion of servers=very bad idea. Instancing=best possible idea. Unless somebody would love to see city filled with 100.000 players at same time. So it is OR servers OR instancing. And by large measure prefer instancing. Only problem (also solvable) is good names are fast taken. But Gw2 has good recipe and my others too.
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    In a storycentric themepark game instancing can work as long as you can find your friends if you wish to. That is the way ESO seems to be headed. One server, but a billion instances for us all in it. Can that work. Yes, though it challenges the player to just except that you will be thrown into a wild amalgam of the western world that will rsolve itself into groupings of guilds that can engage in end-game esaily. Actually this sounds like the direction that the suits who run Blizzard should take with WoW. Lump it all into a mega server in the next expansion and you lose the low server issue problem, you just have a lot more instances to deal with. Likely the mega server is the way forward. One game one server, enough said, we'll see soon in ESO.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    This just goes to prove my point that if people raise enough hell on the forums, on all forums, things can change in development in our favor. I'm glad the development team came around and is allowing us to explore the entire world. People talk about realm pride and rerolling factions in the same breath, which never made sense, but now I can roll one faction and stick with it AND explore the entire world on one character. Good stuff.
  • TithenonTithenon Member UncommonPosts: 113
    I am an explorer, and I was really wondering if they would open up the whole of the world to those of us who ONLY want to explore.  I could give a rat's ass about AvA or raids, and this pretty much brought a tear to my eye in gratitude when it was said exploration would be in.  Thank you, Zenimax!!!  It will be Christmas all over again when this game comes out.
  • karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000
    Don't really care about first person. I loathe it. The exploring sounds nice and I have no problem with the set up as described. Lets face it if they opened it up players would do nothing but grief each other and teabag the newbies. Be nice to see a community that would not be more at home in a prison yard.
  • blazzen67blazzen67 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Vannor

"Unlocking zones" will definately limit the the idea that this is a 'world'. It was one of the main complaints about Arcania (Gothic 4).

Might work well in practice but first impression of that isn't good. Even if we would get mauled by the mobs there, we should still be able to go there.

how will it limit the idea that this is a world???? do you really want to go to a zone at lvl 1 only to get slaughtered by a lvl 50 mob in a second??? how is that fun?? its simple, finish your 1st lvl PVE content and a zone opens up..finish that zone and the third zone opens up....i dont see how that is a bad thing

• blazzen67blazzen67 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Lokero
    Originally posted by JasonJ
    Originally posted by Lokero
    Originally posted by JasonJ

I would really like to know by what they mean by opening another realm to explore at 50...just explore? Will there be quests? Are we an enemy combatant to the citites in that realm?

While it still sucks to be locked into a realm just by race choice when it comes to RPing it would at least suck less if the other realms have quests in them to do...

The way it was presented in the article, it sounded to me like it will just be an instanced version of the other realm's zones with only your teammates populating it.

So if you are in Enemy Zone A, you aren't actually in Enemy Zone A, but in Enemy Zone A+(populated by players of your own faction only).

IF that is the case, it changes nothing about the closed off realms bit that pissed so many people off. Still boggles the mind they chose to bring back the one thing that only a couple other games had, all made by the same people on top of it. Its a design few players know about or even want.

Well, I'm just going by the way I interpreted that article.  It sounded to me like, after completing your storylines(in your own realm), some new phased version of those zones would become available with continuing quests(again, for your faction only).  Someone else may have more knowledge about how that works, I'm just trying to read between the lines.

At any rate, it all screams of phasing and segregation to me.  I don't think it means you are going to be running around with the opposing factions in their own zones.  So, really, I don't see it as anything having changed much.  Hopefully, there'll be some further detail explaining what they meant exactly.......where does it say "your faction only" in another faction zone??? i dont see that written anywhere

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I would love the see a city with a thousand,players in it.

Instancing killed mmos. Instancing sucks donkey balls. Instancing needs to die a slow and painful death.
  • Jakers7Jakers7 Member Posts: 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZQXuwt4fP0
    This video is of a DEV giving a tutorial for ESO taken offscreen by a fan at PAX East 2013. I figured this should get more than 450 hits after that terrible “beta” video that recently came out. Watch this and then tell me that this game is gunna suck and isn’t beautiful. Watch before they take it off. Looks great on 1080P.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I personally would NEVER play an MMO with PvP, in any form, in first person view.  And one of my primary concerns is that their attempts to make this game an "Online" version of all Elder Scrolls games simply won't work well.  Even seemingly small things like how the game handles looting may not mesh with how most of us expect an MMO to function.  I can only hope the Development Team is capable of some flexible thinking.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Sovrath

This just made my day!!!

Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore. Matt did say that the loot you will get in the other zones will be really good, and after finishing the 2nd, you unlock the third. When you unlock the third zone that will give some of the best loot in the game.

Yeah...you have to wait until level 50.   Seriously?  You think it is cool that a game that is based on TES has restrictions like this in game?