Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Macro's needed to succeed?

LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165

Like the title says, are macro's needed to suceed in this game. Iv'e played many games but I always hated to search for macro's command to have an advantage over others. I know they are macro's in this game..im just wondering if im absoltely gonna need them to be competitive in pvp.

thanks

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
12 gig DDR3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
window 7 64bit

Comments

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Lexite

Like the title says, are macro's needed to suceed in this game. Iv'e played many games but I always hated to search for macro's command to have an advantage over others. I know they are macro's in this game..im just wondering if im absoltely gonna need them to be competitive in pvp.

thanks

Do you need to down-shift when you're racing?  No.....but if you're not taking every single advantage you can get in every venue then you won't be competitive vs those that are.

This is no different...not required but you're not taking advantage of everything available to you.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

thanks

Probably, yes.

Try the link above for detailed advice.

• LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165

I see, thanks

Other than pvp and grinding for mats/??, what is there to do in this game? my brother and I are on the fence right now about purshasing this title.

Weve alrdy played some full loot pvp games

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
    12 gig DDR3 ram
    Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
    window 7 64bit

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Unlike df1, you don't need macros at all to play this game competively. just because some people are using them, the one in video just means he can hold left mouse in mele in stead of clicking. its nice and something they should add in game but not something that will really give you an edge.

in df1 all my clan used autohotkey, now I don't think anyone uses anything except maybe naga mice.

My blog: image

I see, thanks

Other than pvp and grinding for mats/??, what is there to do in this game? my brother and I are on the fence right now about purshasing this title.

Weve alrdy played some full loot pvp games

If you're still not sure after having read the DFUW website and having watched some YouTube footage of gameplay, I'd say don't buy it. 

This is the sort of game where sometimes things don't go your way. So you need a bit of innate enthusiasm.

Only buy stuff you really know you're going to enjoy.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

theres 2 spec trees you need to use in PvE and PvP for special actions.

theres different methods how to use them alt + number and ctrl + number or shift + number is fastes in my opinion.

now lets imagine that you use alt + 6 and and then shift +3 for example and alt +6 doesnt execute and you allready have your fingers at shift +3 then you need to move your fingers back.

compared to someone who have all he need on 1 mouse button or maybe 3.

someone who is using macros or scripts have huge advantage,he only needs wasd and if skills does not execute he just presses same button of his mouse again.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

Originally posted by PAL-18

theres 2 spec trees you need to use in PvE and PvP for special actions.

theres different methods how to use them alt + number and ctrl + number or shift + number is fastes in my opinion.

now lets imagine that you use alt + 6 and and then shift +3 for example and alt +6 doesnt execute and you allready have your fingers at shift +3 then you need to move your fingers back.

compared to someone who have all he need on 1 mouse button or maybe 3.

someone who is using macros or scripts have huge advantage,he only needs wasd and if skills does not execute he just presses same button of his mouse again.

He's right.

In addition, using the mouse wheel to select a weapon in the heat of combat is hopeless, unless it's PvE and you are more powerful. So at the very least you need to change some of the key bindings.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178

...are macro's needed to suceed in this game...

If you use 10 abilities (30 keystrokes) and 20 melee weapon hits (20 mouse clicks) to kill something - you will use 50 total mouse clicks/keystrokes.

Those of us who are using macros use 11 keystrokes to do the same thing.

If you kill 180 mobs = That's 1980 for the macro user compared to 9000 for the non-macroer.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by MMO_Fan

...are macro's needed to suceed in this game...

If you use 10 abilities (30 keystrokes) and 20 melee weapon hits (20 mouse clicks) to kill something - you will use 50 total mouse clicks/keystrokes.

Those of us who are using macros use 11 keystrokes to do the same thing.

If you kill 180 mobs = That's 1980 for the macro user compared to 9000 for the non-macroer.

aand it doesnt end here,now that i think more of this i could do something like this.

lets think that i have 2 power attacks,i macro them to one of my mouse buttons and also i macro normal attack there and make it so that it runs all the time,like toggled,second press puts it off.

now I click my mouse once and it repeats the script ,everytime those attacks are available they will launch and if not then my character uses normal attacks,so what i have to do,just aim and enjoy the ride pretty much.

1 click.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    That's fine and great for PvE, but pressing one key and sitting back during a PvP engagement is folly. 
  • ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

"Weve alrdy played some full loot pvp games" oh really lexite? 

which full loot pvp games are u speaking of? if i deem them any good maybe i will check them out.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

You don't need any macro's in Darkfall Unholy wars.

The only macro's I use are macro's on my naga to make some spells instant cast instead of selecting first before activating.

This is just convenience.

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    I play DFUW alot. I use a razor naga mouse but I use NO macros at all. There is really no need for macros in DFUW what so ever. Which is amazing cuz DF1 required alot.
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

no need for macros at all in this version of Darkfall.

toggle macros that will eat food every food_cooldown seconds, or quaff potions every potion_cooldown seconds would be nice, and i'll make them in the future, but i don't use any gameplay macros at all currently.  just not needed.

if you hate having seperate activation keys for each radial wheel (btw, all those should be selectable with keybinds so you have immediate access without compromising your aiming) , i can see using macros that let you use just one activation button for both wheels.  but i like having 2 selected abilities personally.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I have not felt the need or inclination to macro anything in DFUW, the prowess system in combination with treasure maps/chaos chests promotes actively playing the game.