Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is AFK Macroing Runestones, Food and Fossils Not Considered Cheating? - NO Bans

2»

Comments

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Isn't pushing them out of the safe zone temp bannable too? Didn't those HOGG guys get temp bans for interrupting peoples harvesting? I would imagine its effectively the same thing, even if the other person is doing something that is a possible ban offense as well.
  • MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by RandomDown
    Isn't pushing them out of the safe zone temp bannable too?

Yes. It is probably a much worse TOS violation becasue I am intentionally harrassing that character for an extended period of time. And I repeatedly do it.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Its a compromise.  The reason they took out skill on use, which was very fun and to me the heart of what darkfall was, is that this skill on use was botted to no end.  Once a segment of the community raced ahead of everyone by cheating it became something you had to do to compete.

It took me about two years to get to a semi competative level legit, no macros or exploiting.  People were maxed out in months with botting, macroing and exploiting.  It became so commonplace that they kind of gave up on stopping it and focused on hack users.  Even as i approached a competative skill level, i lacked presurged skills and maxed expertieses (no longer in darkfall) so it was rough and i was pretty bad at 1vs1 for it...that and i never really masterd the 3rd party hotkey macros that were needed, had to survive with a naga to macro weapon swaps..something vastly improved with the new game.

It became all too apparent that this older segment of darkfall planned to macro the hell out of the game, partially as proof they needed to remove progression from the game, and as a means to get their way..but also approached the issue as something that should be allowed because they game wasnt FPS enough with progression.

Well they won that fight sort of.  The heart and soul of darkfalls progression was all sorts of stuff being leveled just by playing.  Now its more of a prowess currency system, its different but you cant really macro it.  What is left that can be macroed will be, and AV wont do anything to stop it, prowress for all skills was their solution and its going to end there.

Knocking people out of safe zones is a time honored tradition in Darkfall that hails back to using what use to be a very complex magic system to get people out of tower range to gank them...something that made gold farmer/spammer harassment in the game beyond awesome.  Dont camp the edge of safe zones, dont afk in safe zones...you are asking for it if you do.  This is NOT a game you afk in, unless your naked with nothing on you.  This is part of the fun of darkfall, however with the safe zones its incredibly hard to actually gank an afker...again you need to be at the edge and stupid for this to happen, and if it does you deserved it....back in 1.0 a different story (but even then someone could suicide gank you in town and a friend of their loot you..not very common but could happen and did happen) 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

From what I read on the forums Macroing is fine.

Its not fine if you go away from the computer however or are not actually looking at your game screen in other words if GM says hello are you there you need to answer or risk ban.

Thats what Most games say but most people pop on netflix and do it for a couple of hours.

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by RandomDown
    Isn't pushing them out of the safe zone temp bannable too? Didn't those HOGG guys get temp bans for interrupting peoples harvesting? I would imagine its effectively the same thing, even if the other person is doing something that is a possible ban offense as well.

NO.  He did that over and over to people who were trying to play the game. Then he made videos of it and posted it on the fourms trying to act tuff. Any person at their computer could NEVER get pused out of a safe zone.  Its only when they macro unattented that it is even possible.  Im not harrasing them, they don't even try and stop me. I just stand with a couple friends next to them.  Mess up their macro and they THEMSELVES walk out of the save zone.  I don't actually push them. I just stop them from running back in forth in the same spot.  So they only go one direction.  Its not harrasment if they arn't even at their computer to complain.  

Originally posted by BrownAle

... with the safe zones its incredibly hard to actually gank an afker...again you need to be at the edge and stupid for this to happen...

The characters I see AFK macroing are not at the edge of the safe areas. They are within the walls of the starter cities and it takes some time to move them to the edges and out.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    They should be banned. Period. I've reported several. But at most I see GMs logging them off. But I soon see them back on walking back and forth. Even having lame obvious names like "Pot Atis"... Not even hiding it...
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    They should be banned. Period. I've reported several. But at most I see GMs logging them off. But I soon see them back on walking back and forth. Even having lame obvious names like "Pot Atis"... Not even hiding it...

Why does it bother you? The reward they are gettin really isn't that much... The best thing to do is get them to walk out of safe zone and kill them.  Steal there taters.  Benifits you and they just walk back and forth at the bindstone for hours afterwards naked which makes me lol.

BTW I do NOT ever macro in DFUW.  I just like my easy to get potatoes off killing the guys that do...

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440

AV adds new players to unholy banhammer list every day, so maybe some of them were banned for repeated safe zone AFK digging.

Also - in few weeks digging in safe zone will not be profitable. They've added potatoes to digging after people complained in beta that leveling cooking 0 - 25 is too hard. After you'll reach 25 in cooking, you don't really need so many potatoes.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

I've been told that many of the people listed as having been banned for "TOS" issues are for unattended macroing.  They do not instantly ban.  They issue a warning, then temp ban, then perma ban.

So far 33 people banned since launch.  Good start, more to come!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

I haven't seen any of those me and others have reported being banned. They are still ingame macroing away like theres no tomorrow. And we keep on reporting them. Why I bother? Cause they are cheating the game maybe? I hate cheaters personally. I don't like any1 get ahead of others while not playing the game themselves.

I also heard them breaking the "TOS" were gold sellers that spammed global chat for selling gold.

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

in DF1 GMs would send players cycling through a macro a message. If they didn't receive a response, they would boot the player off.

Sometimes, anyway. And some of the macros would respond to the GM inquiries.

• DukeDuDukeDu Member Posts: 73
    You shoudl't be able to use any third part programs in the first place, this is ruinning online gaming since the 2000's, it's ridiculous to see a game released in 2013 to be ruined by this recuring issue. UNTIL WHEN we are going to see online games being ruinned by bots and macros? It's just absurd.

I haven't seen any of those me and others have reported being banned. They are still ingame macroing away like theres no tomorrow. And we keep on reporting them. Why I bother? Cause they are cheating the game maybe?

None of the characters I have reported have shown up on the banhammer either.

Looks like some have made good progress in food, fossils and runestones:

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

week 3 of me reporting the same afk macroer in Whiteclaw, and the GMs have done nothing. He macros afk for 8-10 hours  a day, everyday, same person. Their ENTIRE GUILD DOES it, most times 3-4 of them at ONCE. its NOT HARD to find the proof, and yet.. still... the GMs have done nothing.

Hint: Head over to Whiteclaw, at the bottom of the elevator.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    They can either ban more than half their player base or just ignore it.  The cheaters are customers too.

Originally posted by Nevulus

week 3 of me reporting the same afk macroer in Whiteclaw, and the GMs have done nothing. He macros afk for 8-10 hours  a day, everyday, same person. Their ENTIRE GUILD DOES it, most times 3-4 of them at ONCE. its NOT HARD to find the proof, and yet.. still... the GMs have done nothing.

Just push them out of safezone and take their stuff if it bugs you so much.... Thats how i get all my taters

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    This is what MMOs are now, cheat/exploit fast and often before they remove it. dont worry about being banned especially when a game doesnt have a huge player base to begin with.  If you dont you only fall behind.
  • ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by MegaD61
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Just push them out of safezone and take their stuff if it bugs you so much.... Thats how i get all my taters

I reported some players who were still in game hours later and still botting. So I started forcing them out of the safezone with my mount. One of them actually returned to the keyboard while doing it, and reported me to the GM's for forcing his friends and him outside the safezone. I have 1000's of potatos and fossils.

I was then threatened with diciplinary action for griefing, and forcing players to leave the safezone, if I did not stop.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Everyone claiming the GM's don't do anything about afk macroing, like digging is either lying or ignorant.  The punishment is a temp 24 hour ban.   I know this because I know people that have gotten temp banned for digging.

They aren't gonna perma ban someone for macroing because of their shitty ui and chat system making it virtually impossible to actually confirm someone is afk and not just sitting there watching tv while the macro runs (which is totally legit in darkfall)

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

How can you POSSIBLY compete in PvP against someone with THOUSANDS of potatoes?

Game is RUINED!!!

/facepalm

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin