Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few want to 'beta' test this game

AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

MMORPG has been giving away these beta keys for days now.

And theres still over 5 thousand of them left. Whats that tell you?

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I have 4 emails from Marvel so far, with closed beta keys, saying share with as many friends as you want, and I cant give any away, or even try it myself

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Atrocitus

The game is a ARPG not a MMO so maybe advertising it here isn't the best place.  People who are in beta are still under a NDA so can't reallly say much good or bad about it.

IGN had a beta weekend a few weeks ago and they ended up running out of keys.  What does that tell you?

• Very_bad_dreamsVery_bad_dreams Member Posts: 10

Tells me that you are speculating. 

• CheestCheest Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by udon

The game is a ARPG not a MMO so maybe advertising it here isn't the best place.  People who are in beta are still under a NDA so can't reallly say much good or bad about it.

IGN had a beta weekend a few weeks ago and they ended up running out of keys.  What does that tell you?

Agreed, this place is not for that game.. that's why some are not intereseted on the advertisement because this place is for mmo.

• nfuhnfuh Member UncommonPosts: 18
    played this at pax prime 2012 and it felt so... dated.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    I don't care to beta test this game but to be fair it isn't marketed towards me anyways. Can't say why others aren't interested.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I dont think its been "days" that codes have been available.  I check this site 3x+ daily and just saw it today.  Maybe you have this site confused with another.
  • donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I was staring at the cartoon cans for scarlet blade and I just happened to click on this topic by accident. Sorry guys.
  • TaynadoTaynado Member Posts: 12
    Click to move......no thanks.
  • ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I have 4 emails from Marvel so far, with closed beta keys, saying share with as many friends as you want, and I cant give any away, or even try it myself

why not?

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

They've been giving keys away for a long time. Anyone that wants to try it probably already has. I'm just waiting for launch now and haven't played it in a few months. No point burning out on a beta.

As with every other game people start hate threads about....why don't you go look for a game you want to play instead of wasting your time hating on games you don't.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

...I got a beta invite back in their closed testing phase.  Used it once =(  Looked good, just tired of the Diablo style top down view I guess.

I also didnt like that there are 1000 of each superhero running around, kills the emerision for me.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by TheJoda

I also didnt like that there are 1000 of each superhero running around, kills the emerision for me.

This game is probably better cutting out all the virtual world, public zone stuff, and make it as a straight online ARPG like marvel ultimate alliance.

• OzimandeusOzimandeus Member UncommonPosts: 84

couple of responses.

1. It is an MMOARPG - its massively multiplayer, its online and its an action role playing game.

2. Diablo is still considered one of the best games ever created on PC.

Ignore the latter at your own peril.

Final one.

I think its bloody good.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

This game is of no interest to me.

I got Path of Exile and super heroes aint enough of carrot to make me jump at that game.

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Well, it certainly is not a mmorpg, but it is still a great game.  I am thouroughly enjoying it. While it is not for everyone, especially for mmorpg fans, it is a great addition to the arpg gaming class. I urge people to at least try it. It will be a free game which will allow you to play completely free, without ever having to purchase a thing for cash if you choose not to . 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

This game is of no interest to me.

I got Path of Exile and super heroes aint enough of carrot to make me jump at that game.

You sounds like you play only one game. There is little reason to.

I play Diablo 3, PoE, many SP games, and will also play Marvel Heroes.

There is little reason not to. It is free, and i can always stop if i don't like it.