Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall unholy wars....wow

TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
Ill make this short and simple... If you HAVNT tried darkfall, try it.  I havn't slept in 3 days a game hasnt done this to me since WoW came out... Don't listen to the people who dont like it if you havnt tried it, theyre just mad cause they got GANKED and I stole their gear.....hahahahhah.  IGN: send me a msg on here me  join my clan. 

Comments

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    The idea of a game that is sort of like Eve meets WoW is what I was hoping for from this game, since I play every MMO basically as a PVP game.  I keep reading about Darkfall UW and there is SO much badmouthing going on that it just can't be all that great.  It sounds like a buggy, incomplete mess that needs another year of development time.  I would love for it to be great, but if the proportion of lovers to haters is to be believed, Aventurine should have finished baking this before they tried to feed it to everyone at the party.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Hey, keep us updated on how this game is.. I honestly didnt even know it was out until this post. I'll probably start playing next weekend if you still think its good by then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Loving this game too. Playing like crazy with my whole guild trying to stay ahead of the competition :)

90% of the hating is done by old DF1 ppl cause DF1 got closed down against their will and the new DF:UW isn't extreme enough anymore. It's a game of extremes, ups and downs. There are two reviuws on my guilds fb page. Read them for some nice info on the new df :) www.facebook.com/FUtilez
  • evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Taco is that you?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Is this game in open beta? closed? launched? I really have no clue....Also this is the first person I have heard that said they liked the game lol
  • AngryBeaverAngryBeaver Member UncommonPosts: 46
    The game is really fun for me. Not finding it very buggy at all. Dont listen to the bashers. They are here bashing instead of playing.. I prefer playing myself.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Is this game in open beta? closed? launched? I really have no clue....Also this is the first person I have heard that said they liked the game lol

It's launched and it's pay to play.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Raventree
    The idea of a game that is sort of like Eve meets WoW is what I was hoping for from this game, since I play every MMO basically as a PVP game.  I keep reading about Darkfall UW and there is SO much badmouthing going on that it just can't be all that great.  It sounds like a buggy, incomplete mess that needs another year of development time.  I would love for it to be great, but if the proportion of lovers to haters is to be believed, Aventurine should have finished baking this before they tried to feed it to everyone at the party.

the haters are not to be believed.  there's lots of "reasons" behind all the hate, and i'm not gonna take the time to explain any of it.

but don't believe the haters.  this game has incredible amount of haters.  it inspires very strong feelings.  that IS telling, but not necessarily in the way most people expect.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    More like eve meets daoc mordred server than eve meets wow really.

It's a game with zero instancing for a start. Then you have the seige warfare and highly important crafting and what have you.
  • TadianTadian Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by benseine
    Loving this game too. Playing like crazy with my whole guild trying to stay ahead of the competition :) 90% of the hating is done by old DF1 ppl cause DF1 got closed down against their will and the new DF:UW isn't extreme enough anymore. It's a game of extremes, ups and downs. There are two reviuws on my guilds fb page. Read them for some nice info on the new df :) www.facebook.com/FUtilez

100% what he said.

btw: hello neighbor image

is the population any good? I'm not about to buy the game for 40 bucks, then pay a sub just to find out there are only 10 or so players on at a time..
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by dauntSilver
    is the population any good? I'm not about to buy the game for 40 bucks, then pay a sub just to find out there are only 10 or so players on at a time..

IMHO I wouldn't pay them 40 bucks for the client from what I have seen of the game.

1.They pressured all former purchasers of their remade game to pre-order by April 12th or wind up having to pay full price for the client AGAIN, regardless of having paid for the original client, instead of just being able to pay the sub fee and jump in.and please dont try the "this is a whole new game thing". Everquest 2 was a whole new game from Everquest and guess what Everquest is still up and running Darkfall 1 not so.

2. The original had a 7 day trial, so after having the original out for 3 years implementing a trial then the remake where is the trial?apparently they want you to pay $40 to see if you like it which to me stinks of cash grab.

Til I see a free trial I personally wont come near this game.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
     Playing like crazy with my whole guild trying to stay ahead of the competition :)

Right, because competition is a bad thing.

And by playing, you probably mean grinding NPCs non stop. I`m of course thinkig about those fun and innovative quest...erm...I mean feats..of kill 150 goblins.  Kill 150 goblins, kill 150 bears, kill 150 trolls, kill 700 beast, kill 400 terrors. I wonder how AV came up with such a revolutionary idea never seen in a mmo before. I also like the fact you are forced to do these innovative quests to be able to compete in PVP. The good part is you need a strong group of dedicated unemploid playes to get high a high level char. That way the high level elites can dominate the low level noobs, or players skill as we like to call it.

I wonder what could Darkfall be if casual players could be pvp viable in just one role. Sure the elite players could change and have many roles, but we just wanted one...just pvp viable in one role. I guess we asked for to much, as the game is the same aweful NPC grind as DF1. Or maybe the grind is worse now. Now we can`t meditate, swim afk against a wall, bloodwall  or even macro.

I`m an avid defender of Darkfall, but I fear we will fail again. When players like me feel nausea, by the daunting PVE task ahead of us. something is wrong. The utter boredom of  killing 700 beast,  600 fiends, 500 villains etc. to level up is bad enough. To make it even worse, high level players like yourself (who got ahead of the competition) will constantly kill us low levels.

I find it harder and harder to log in and play the PVE mmo Darkfall, and that`s a worrying sign. If it stays like this, the game will die just as fast as DF1 did. Ohh yeah I forgot DF1 never died, we had atleast 500 players in this massive game the last year.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Im playing DFUW and i played DF1 for its lifespan.

The game is a lot of fun at times, but can also be very....very boring at times as well, both are to the highest extreme.  PVE can be decent, but most of the time you are grinding away mindlessly for hours.  PVP is obviously the core aspect od Darkfall and it can be more fun thatn in any other MMO ever made.....but it can also be a massive letdown which causes a massive timesink.

What i am saying is that you can die in Darkfall UW and not have any fun in the process, in fact i would say maybe 1 n 5 pvp fights will actually end up being fun, why you ask?  Well because the game has no borders meaning you most of the time end up fighting larger groups...ok Much larger groups giving you 0 chance of fun, or you fight people with much higher skills/prowess than yourself and literally can do no damage.

I will state that even though the gap at this moment is massive in DFUW between players (large clans are very high in prowess, or clans that exploited the system), that closing the gap is in turn much much smaller than it was in Darkfall 1.

I state the above not becase i dislike Darkfall, im playing it and i enjoy it, at times..., but i want people to understand that this is a game of extreme highs and lows, a game that requires a massive timesink initially in order for it to be fun down the road.  But if you can handle the pains it brings within your first few weeks to a month, then you can handle and end up having a blast with the game.

I do warn though that Darkfall, its core community of 1.0 veterans are in fact thee worst kind of gamer you can possibly imagine, there is no age that seperates them, they are imo the scum of MMO gaming.

But yes it can be fun, but its definitely not for everyone.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by Hotjazz
     Playing like crazy with my whole guild trying to stay ahead of the competition :)

Right, because competition is a bad thing.

And by playing, you probably mean grinding NPCs non stop. I`m of course thinkig about those fun and innovative quest...erm...I mean feats..of kill 150 goblins.  Kill 150 goblins, kill 150 bears, kill 150 trolls, kill 700 beast, kill 400 terrors. I wonder how AV came up with such a revolutionary idea never seen in a mmo before. I also like the fact you are forced to do these innovative quests to be able to compete in PVP. The good part is you need a strong group of dedicated unemploid playes to get high a high level char. That way the high level elites can dominate the low level noobs, or players skill as we like to call it.

I wonder what could Darkfall be if casual players could be pvp viable in just one role. Sure the elite players could change and have many roles, but we just wanted one...just pvp viable in one role. I guess we asked for to much, as the game is the same aweful NPC grind as DF1. Or maybe the grind is worse now. Now we can`t meditate, swim afk against a wall, bloodwall  or even macro.

I`m an avid defender of Darkfall, but I fear we will fail again. When players like me feel nausea, by the daunting PVE task ahead of us. something is wrong. The utter boredom of  killing 700 beast,  600 fiends, 500 villains etc. to level up is bad enough. To make it even worse, high level players like yourself (who got ahead of the competition) will constantly kill us low levels.

I find it harder and harder to log in and play the PVE mmo Darkfall, and that`s a worrying sign. If it stays like this, the game will die just as fast as DF1 did. Ohh yeah I forgot DF1 never died, we had atleast 500 players in this massive game the last year.

Very true, the job less hardcore community in Darkfall that push all day long for the advantage will destroy the game just like they did in the first version of Darkfall.

I do agree that the PVE is stale and boring, and as you said its nothing new in an MMO to kill 20 of this or that, but AV lol as you put it revolutionized the MMO world by making us kill 150 of mob a, and say 6-700 of mob type b, in order to become viable in pvp.

But for the tiem being im enjoying it, i do think my enjoyment will not last as it did with 1.0 though.....maybe its because this time around i know what im getting myself into.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

I purchased this game a few days ago. So far, it seems that the only thing the game has going for it is the simple fact that it is one of the only truly persistent, seamless open-world PvP MMORPGs on the market. Everything else about the game is completely subpar; the graphics, the performance, the network optimization, the combat mechanics, the animations, the character models, etc. They are all garbage.

If you ask any fan of this game why they enjoy it, they will tell you the same thing; it's all about the thrill of clan drama and open-world PvP. I'm not saying there isn't any value in that (hell, I just shelled out $40 for it, myself), but it's pretty sad how such a medicore game can garner this much attention merely due to the decade-long stagnation of the "sand-box" pvp market. 

Originally posted by Asheram

IMHO I wouldn't pay them 40 bucks for the client from what I have seen of the game.

1.They pressured all former purchasers of their remade game to pre-order by April 12th or wind up having to pay full price for the client AGAIN, regardless of having paid for the original client, instead of just being able to pay the sub fee and jump in.and please dont try the "this is a whole new game thing". Everquest 2 was a whole new game from Everquest and guess what Everquest is still up and running Darkfall 1 not so.

2. The original had a 7 day trial, so after having the original out for 3 years implementing a trial then the remake where is the trial?apparently they want you to pay $40 to see if you like it which to me stinks of cash grab.

Til I see a free trial I personally wont come near this game.

I think im going to go ahead and give it a shot.. I'm really just hoping to be held off til TESO starts up. I keep game hopping and am running out of places to go :[

I'll let you know how everything is once I start playing it. Thanks for your input!

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

The learning curve is steep but not nearly as hard as the first Darkfall.

I am addicted as well. This currently the funnest MMO right now! Population is booming.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Loving this game too. Playing like crazy with my whole guild trying to stay ahead of the competition :) 90% of the hating is done by old DF1 ppl cause DF1 got closed down against their will and the new DF:UW isn't extreme enough anymore. It's a game of extremes, ups and downs. There are two reviuws on my guilds fb page. Read them for some nice info on the new df :) www.facebook.com/FUtilez

More like original DF was a horrendously laggy macrofest with gamebreaking bugs (load lag anyone). Bugs that still exist in DF:UW! Apparently, some folks haven't bothered to fact check before spouting off.

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

The learning curve is steep but not nearly as hard as the first Darkfall.

I am addicted as well. This currently the funnest MMO right now! Population is booming.

Agreed. Awesome mmo. I was worried about wasting 40 bucks on this game, but I feel like it was well worth it. Cant wait til this weekend to abuse my free time with DF!. sucks that today is Monday lol

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    there are numerous reports of roaming gangs which just kill newbs when they leave the safe zones (the most common example is camping hag spawns). how prevalent or widespread do current players find this sort of activity to be, and how do you feel about this sort of thing?
    Originally posted by atticusbc
    there are numerous reports of roaming gangs which just kill newbs when they leave the safe zones (the most common example is camping hag spawns). how prevalent or widespread do current players find this sort of activity to be, and how do you feel about this sort of thing?

Alright, so from what Ive seen so far, you cannot be attacked in or near town. There is plenty to do, mine, PvE, gather, craft, etc. all in safezone. If you are a newb that just runs straight out of the safezone without spending any time building up your character, then you have a good chance of being killed for the heck of it. If you are a newb that hunts things in the safezones (bears, zombies, spiders) and spends a little time crafting, maybe even join a clan, then you probably wont be messed with. Especially if you travel in numbers. I happen to be in a rather large clan, so I never have that problem.. Playerbase is very friendly for the most part. You might see a hater or two, just ignore them.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by atticusbc

Alright, so from what Ive seen so far, you cannot be attacked in or near town. There is plenty to do, mine, PvE, gather, craft, etc. all in safezone. If you are a newb that just runs straight out of the safezone without spending any time building up your character, then you have a good chance of being killed for the heck of it. If you are a newb that hunts things in the safezones (bears, zombies, spiders) and spends a little time crafting, maybe even join a clan, then you probably wont be messed with. Especially if you travel in numbers. I happen to be in a rather large clan, so I never have that problem.. Playerbase is very friendly for the most part. You might see a hater or two, just ignore them.

the specific axample i was referring to was when someone posted a guide that recommended hags as being a good place for newer players to get prowess. immediately afterwards, high prowess players began camping hag spawns to catch any newer players who might try to PvE there. i bring this up because it is mean spirited, cowardly, and quite damaging to the game's ability to retain new players if older players specifically target them.

essentially i just wanted to see what DFUW players on this site thought about things like this as a means to learn a bit more about the community, which is currently the only worry i have standing between AV and my money. :P

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Torkaz
    Ill make this short and simple... If you HAVNT tried darkfall, try it.  I havn't slept in 3 days a game hasnt done this to me since WoW came out... Don't listen to the people who dont like it if you havnt tried it, theyre just mad cause they got GANKED and I stole their gear.....hahahahhah.  IGN: send me a msg on here me  join my clan. 

rofl what ? I've been playing UO when you were playing with your own little penis, kid. Also I'm still play EvE which is 100 times more hardcore than any shity DF. Guess I should congratulate you to your first full loot game, but its still a crap for casuals only like DF1 was.

Edit: uhm, it is still DF1 just with new title a some beauty treatment for kids and to lure more masses

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.