Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

item mall prices either the same or doubled in some cases

blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
profession packs went up to like 1600 from 700.......non of the prices of anything were reduced going into open beta

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

In general they sell most useless stuff you dont actually need, and they sell it way overpriced...

Thos prices will preent them from  making a lot of money... obviously they still dont understand that its better to make 20 x $1 then 1 x$10

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    This is the kind of stuff I've been wondering about being it's ftp. Was thinking the forge might be locked behind a paywall or something because it's all seeming to good to be true. Most companies seem to get p2w is bad for them so I wasn't to worried about that but they have to get there funds somehow. Looking forward to seeing for myself after the weekend!!!
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by DaezAster
    This is the kind of stuff I've been wondering about being it's ftp. Was thinking the forge might be locked behind a paywall or something because it's all seeming to good to be true. Most companies seem to get p2w is bad for them so I wasn't to worried about that but they have to get there funds somehow. Looking forward to seeing for myself after the weekend!!!

if you mean the foundry (dungeon maker)its not locked behind anything.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

In general they sell most useless stuff you dont actually need, and they sell it way overpriced...

Thos prices will preent them from  making a lot of money... obviously they still dont understand that its better to make 20 x $1 then 1 x$10

That being said, its easier to lower prices later on or have sales than it is to raise prices.

This is just a starting point, I'm sure they will adjust prices based on their own internal metrics within a month of launch.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Bah, i still say they will use the foundry as a means of income threw "Unique Looking Objects" .

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

They can sell the fluff stuff for whatever price they like as far as I'm concerned.  If someone wants to pay $1000 to play virtual dress-up and support my game, I'm 110% fine with that.

My worry is about the gameplay items.  From my experience in the closed beta weekends, the HP-restoring items especially might be game-breaking, since potions in this game are insane.  Basically, if you have enough potions, you cannot be killed.  You can solo 5 man dungeons, spamming 100% full HP restore consumables on a 8-12 second CD. 

I really hope this is changed in open beta, but I'll have to wait until the 30th to find out for sure, since I decided not to give them any money pre-release because of this.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    I ony got to lv 28, but I had 50+ potions on me.  potions dropped like candy and I rarely needed to use them so I don't thnk the healing items will be that needed.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by feena750
    I ony got to lv 28, but I had 50+ potions on me.  potions dropped like candy and I rarely needed to use them so I don't thnk the healing items will be that needed.

I made it to the high 40's, and at that point the PvE seemed like one of two things:

1) If you don't spam potions - very challenging, tough boss fights, need careful pulls, and lots of downtime due to Cleric heals being super weak

2) If you do spam potions - 0 challenge, faceroll everything, pull 5 groups and the boss and its fine, there is no need to even have a Cleric in the party (in fact 4 DPS + 1 tank is better since things die faster and potions are 1000% stronger than Cleric healing)

Wasn't happy with either of those 2 options, personally.   Maybe it changes at 60.  

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by DaezAster

The only arguably pay to win item on the mall from the beta weekends was the health stones. But this doesnt work in PvP, and isnt necessary in PvE if you are any good at your character. All the dungeons were tested without using any cash shop items.

Other than that its all just convenience or cosmentic.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by blix2006
    profession packs went up to like 1600 from 700.......non of the prices of anything were reduced going into open beta

But the things that do matter they reduced.

SUP