Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOGG gets banned for griefing

13»

Comments

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    I was just thinking this morning, AV put in the safe zones specifically to harness new players to the game and give them an area to learn stress free, I bet HOGG gets banned for exploiting it... and looky look... they did, HAH.
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    What are you people bunch of girl scouts or what?? In so many years i never saw anyone capable to destroy my joy for pvp. Why you even play games like this one if you are so ''sensible''?  What is next? Can i attack you please Sir?
  • ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    What are you people bunch of girl scouts or what?? In so many years i never saw anyone capable to destroy my joy for pvp. Why you even play games like this one if you are so ''sensible''?  What is next? Can i attack you please Sir?

No, we're just the type of people that aren't completely desensitized and so selfish to go and do nothing but selfish acts to get a rise out of other people in order to feel some sort of control over their life. This kind of behavior has spread like a plague in gaming and the more people like you that react the same way help to spread it. Sure, it's not the most serious case but it's still tasteless, moronic, selfish, immature, and pointless. I'm sure you'll have some witty and troll like reply for what I've said but all that will do is prove my point.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Think you missed the whole part wher ethey werent griefing people through "pvp". They were doing stuff like going around safe zones and interrupting harvesters. While harvesting, you have to have a clear LoS to the node youre harvesting or else it gets interrupted. Another player can come get in your field of view and stop your harvesting. They were just going around doing this to everyone they could find, knowing that they culd continue acting like little bitches and not be attacked for it due to being in a safe zone. Iftheyre werent too scared to leave the safe zone, would have been a different story.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Think you missed the whole part wher ethey werent griefing people through "pvp". They were doing stuff like going around safe zones and interrupting harvesters. While harvesting, you have to have a clear LoS to the node youre harvesting or else it gets interrupted. Another player can come get in your field of view and stop your harvesting. They were just going around doing this to everyone they could find, knowing that they culd continue acting like little bitches and not be attacked for it due to being in a safe zone. Iftheyre werent too scared to leave the safe zone, would have been a different story.

Well i see now, sorry  :)

• kcfansbivkcfansbiv Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Really enjoying the game. Glad they are keeping people like that off the servers.
  • BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

I don't see the big deal. 

There's dominance with skill, and there's trolling/griefing; this is the latter, and it gets banned in most games.

You can't ask game developers to make sure the game is troll-proof. Better to flat-out ban those people and make examples rather than make compromises in game design.

AV did the right thing, but by the thread title and OP, it makes it sound like someone was exercising organized dominance over other players and they were banned for that. This isn't a case of coordinated players griefing uncoordinated players, it was the case of one blockhead abusing game mechanics and making the experience annoying.

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Baseline

I don't see the big deal. 

There's dominance with skill, and there's trolling/griefing; this is the latter, and it gets banned in most games.

You can't ask game developers to make sure the game is troll-proof. Better to flat-out ban those people and make examples rather than make compromises in game design.

AV did the right thing, but by the thread title and OP, it makes it sound like someone was exercising organized dominance over other players and they were banned for that. This isn't a case of coordinated players griefing uncoordinated players, it was the case of one blockhead abusing game mechanics and making the experience annoying.

Apparently you didn't read the entire thread and also didn't watch the videos. HOGG isn't the name of the player who was banned, it's the name of the Guild to which he belongs. And it wasn't just him doing that, it was all the members of that guild. More than one player was banned as a result of this. Also if you watched the video you would have seen that they do the exact same thing in every game they play. And they make videos of themselves doing it.

Yo, yo I'm so gangsta I be poppin caps on foos who be in my town. Except I'm not really "poppin", I'm just walking in front of them. And it's at no risk to myself as it's a safe zone, so no one can retaliate against me. Billy? Billy Bad Ass? Your mommy called and said it's dinnertime, so come up out of the basement and wash your hands. image

lol What a rube!

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Everyone here is talking like some griefers from Hogg got banned, but is that actually known to be true? 

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

There's a list of all the supposed bans, which players are these griefers on that list?  I don't see anyone named Hogg or from Hogg clan.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    This reminds me of City of Heroes with the pvp zones. One of them allowed villians to tp foe into a watchtower and no one could fix it unless you had tp friend and joined their group. On my server there were at least twenty people who had their toon stuck in there because of one jackass. He got off on screwing random people over, and never got punished for it. That's all he did for a few weeks until the devs fixed it. Then he whined about how everyone was against him and all that. He actually thought other human beings were there for his amusement. And that's why griefers need perma bans. If some jerkoff tried to stop me from using a gas station I'd laugh, because I could either call the cops or whomp his butt. In a game though, they have no reason not to be a jerk. Yay internet!
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i hope this guy moves to eve.

i would take a few sec hits to blow up this guy's prize possessions a coupla times so he sees how it feels..

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Griefers are a dime a dozen in MMOs, what makes this guy special?
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

Everyone here is talking like some griefers from Hogg got banned, but is that actually known to be true? 

There's a list of all the supposed bans, which players are these griefers on that list?  I don't see anyone named Hogg or from Hogg clan.

I wondered the same thing.  Looked on the forums and found where one of the members stated they received a "temporary ban" (wouldn't that just be a suspension?).

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364657-HOGG-Darkfall-Unholy-Wars-Safe-Zone-PVP/page4

Post #56 in particular.

You make me like charity

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I like the fact that they are trying to conduct a good solid business but how is it not hypocritical to create an open eneded pvp game then call it griefing?

The racial slurs of course,but they created this design,are they going to ban themselves for creating griefing?

Also do they not haver safe zones as well?That woudl tell me ,if you go outside the safe zone you are fair game,it defeats the whole purpose of the game.

So it is a plus 1 thumbs up and then a thumbs down at the same time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I like the fact that they are trying to conduct a good solid business but how is it not hypocritical to create an open eneded pvp game then call it griefing?

The racial slurs of course,but they created this design,are they going to ban themselves for creating griefing?

Also do they not haver safe zones as well?That woudl tell me ,if you go outside the safe zone you are fair game,it defeats the whole purpose of the game.

wow your way off the mark....  You need to watch the video's posted in this thread to understand that the griefing they are doing has absolutely nothing to do with PvP....  They are exploiting game mechanics to anger players like bumping into a person repeatedly when they are attempting to fish, which causes the fishing mechanic to reset....

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Wizardry

All of this "griefing" happened in a safe zone.  Basically, he was just running in front of people while they were trying to get ore and wood (breaking line of sight stops them from mining/logging it seems).  There was no killing or anything, just preventing people in the safe zone place from actually doing anything.

It's really funny listening to that guy trying to act like some alpha male hardore badass, while jumping up and down in front of people in a game.  The first two minutes of the video have him just spouting off about how he's king of this town and if you don't like that, then go play a carebear game.  Of course he's saying all of this like he's some mid-90's wrestler talking pre-fight smack.  Seriously, just pretend it's Macho Man Randy Savage playing an MMO, and that's pretty much it.

What's even better is reading their forums.  You get people whining about how the game is going to fail unless they can throw racial slurs around in general chat, and crap like that.  It's like the entire DFU community is made up of 13 year old sociopaths.

You make me like charity

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

A valid point.  I wonder if it was a temporary ban (like for a week) as opposed to a permanent one .

~Hairysun

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    If it was a temporary ban it's just another reason not to play this game.