Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

most anticipated mmorpg of 2013 and somewhat beyond (with poll)

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Now I understand that Scarlet Blade is really...     ...perking up     a lot of interest, and it's...     ...hard     to not notice the attention that the game...   ... erects.

Anyhow, this thread isn't about that game specifically but seeings that they included the term in their ads I will keep them in consideration.

World of Darkness was mentioned in a thread yesterday and consumed my thoughts the rest of the day, and all day today.  There isn't another game that is even a blip on the radar compared to my hype for WoD. 

So, what is your most anticipated title right now?  I was going to add a poll, but I figured I'd let people say what they were anticipating first, and then make the poll after I've seen what people are mainly thinking about. I know it would need TESO, EQnext, WoD, RePop?, AA?, Wildstar?, and maybe others?

Oh and Scarlet Blade!   :D

EDIT: I am referring to all upcoming games, not just games with expected release dates in 2013.

EDIT: Removed CU to avoid controversy over including a game that may never get funded when other valid games are approaching release.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Camelot Unchained is not going to launch in 2013.  They're still trying to raise funds and don't even know if they're going to create the game at all.
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    ArchAge if it actually releases this year (I'll settle for open beta US). Second to that probably Divergence but i really don't expect that one out till at least late 2014.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Camelot Unchained is not going to launch in 2013.  They're still trying to raise funds and don't even know if they're going to create the game at all.

I guess I looked at it that the statement meant "in 2013, what game are people anticipating most"  not "what 2013 release is most anticipated" 

Sorry

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

2013? WOD and CU won't be out for much longer, likely 2015 at best.

I dunno, perhaps Archeage for me, not much else of interest really otherwise.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I'm not sure TESO, CU  and WoD are going to make it out this year.  Repopulation is one to keep a eye on but I am not expecting much from the release day version of this as I think it's going to need time to grow.  Who knows with a western converstion of AA how long that's going to take.

Wildstar is shaping up to be a contender for beating WoW at it's own game.  I doubt it will kill WoW but it might if done right take a good bite out of it.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

It's not a MMO but I'm looking forward to Marvel Heros Online.  Diable + Marvel heros sounds like a good mesh.  Hulk Smash, for purple items. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

For me, it's ArcheAge, The Repopulation and the DayZ standalone for 2013. Though I'm not sure about DayZ with Dean wasting time on top of a mountain.

Joined - July 2004

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Wildstar is top of my list but I think, based on what I know, I'll probably enjoy ArcheAge more. We'll see. But Wildstar and ArcheAge are the two I'm most excited for.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

well..

I can't wait till CCP gives us something to chew :D

I'm waiting on WoD and all I care on this eve fanfest is to get some WOD info xD

I'm also waiting on Archeage just as much as I'm waiting on WoD but since I don't know much about WoD yet the mistery is bigger and thus it intrigues me more.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595

RePop is looking really good...

I also like the looks of Slaves of Rome which is another HeroCloud Game in Development.

There's also another MMO I'm looking forward to releasing but I won't say which one.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Originally posted by Kyleran

2013? WOD and CU won't be out for much longer, likely 2015 at best.

I dunno, perhaps Archeage for me, not much else of interest really otherwise.

Look into divergence on indiegogo...if you like how archage is looking there is a good chance you'll salivate over divergence.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    All that matters is Everquest Next.  Any other game is simply a time killer.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    ALL games are time killers. Just sayin...
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    All that matters is Everquest Next.  Any other game is simply a time killer.

This, if EQNEXT is not another money grabber. Although I am looking forward to NW and DP. Not too sure about Archeage, will look into it more after a few months pass after live.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Im looking forward to AA this year. Everything else is just meh.

Been looking for something to play, an MMO, but havent really found anything that keeps my interest goin for more than a month.

Even looked at F2P games. Ill be trying RO2 next. Wasnt half bad in beta when I tried it. Too many games, none really any to sink my teeth into at the moment tho.

Looking for a BIG time, time sink to play with a few friends.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

My #1 for 2013 is:     Wildstar !

With TESO a distant second....

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

ArcheAge, Blade & Soul, Black Deserts, Bless and Ein

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    ArcheAge for me is the one game I'm looking farward too. EQnext I'm keeping an eye on, but not getting to excited because... well it's SOE and that means a fat cash shop, plus Everquest Next is the lamest title for a AAA, sounds more like a name for a  plugin than a game. I'm also looking out for FF a realm reborn and the elder scrolls online. Hmmm why can't publishers think of good titles? Anyway, beyond 2013 I think world of darkness is something to keep an eye on.
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

1) EverQuest Next

2) Camelot unchained.

3) ESO.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Press the "Home" Tab on the nav bar. Look at "Top Voted Games" on the left side of the homepage. Double check to make sure it's set to "In Development" vs. "Released." Question answered.
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Black Desert, Archeage, TESO, FFIV ARR, and the DayZ Standalone(if it can be considered an MMO)
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

there is alot of MMOs on my "anticipated" list, but EQnext, atleast untill August when they actually show the game, but being a happy traveler through EQ2´s Norrath, for atleast 3 of the 5 years, guess my glasses are coloured...hopefully enough for me to enjoy EQ3.

anyway alot of Korean MMOs coming that atleast looks good(AA, bless, black desert), and then wildstar, which of some reason wanted a terrible art style, but the talks with the people behind the game make me want to try it out atleast..

anyway probably gonna end up where my friends are anyway, and/or where my old guild decides to land after their journey in Vanguard ends ; )

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Helleri
    ArchAge if it actually releases this year (I'll settle for open beta US). Second to that probably Divergence but i really don't expect that one out till at least late 2014.

+1

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Quizzical

With six days left it doesnt look like they will meet their goal. Have been proved wrong before though.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

1. EQNext

2. Archeage

Maybe some other stuff, but too far off to know for sure how I feel about it.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I think most of us are too scared to get anticipated about much of anything anymore lol.