Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventurine making returning players buy the game AGAIN!

Comments

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150
    How hard is it for AV to understand the simple concept that without the support of their original playerbase they wouldnt have had the money to create this new version and how do they repay us!!!  By charging us twice for the game?!?

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by jfoytek
    How hard is it for AV to understand the simple concept that without the support of their original playerbase they wouldnt have had the money to create this new version and how do they repay us!!!  By charging us twice for the game?!?

Still gonna do this huh, even though you had a year to get the game for free? New Darkfall doesn't even feel like old Darkfall is just looks similar on the lowest settings.

[mod edit]

I wont pay twice for the same game!  No returning Darkfall player should there would be no darkfall without us in the first place!

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

[mod edit]

I wont pay twice for the same game!  No returning Darkfall player should there would be no darkfall without us in the first place!

That's flawed logic, There would be a Darkfall without you, many vet guilds have all rebought the game or claimed the free game with a monthly sub offer long ago, It's unfortunate you didn't but this is an open forum and as long as it's a invalid situation concerning dilutted ideals that you're the cause of your own dismay I shall stand in defense of a helpless product that you chose to not be proactive about and chose to lie about in this very thread about your love and dedication for.

Diluted Ideals,

Maybe the phone company should change its name and charge you twice because there a different phone company! 

Darkfall is still Darkfall it has the same name, same races, same map, same dev's....  We already purchased darkfall we should not have to purchase it again!

Diluted Ideals,

Maybe the phone company should change its name and charge you twice because there a different phone company! 

Darkfall is still Darkfall it has the same name, same races, same map, same dev's....  We already purchased darkfall we should not have to purchase it again!

The map has been changed, content has been changed, dungeons have been changed, cities have been changed, race models are different, name has changed, PvP has changed dramatically, Skill system has changed dramatically, Crafting system has changed a lot. I mean the only thing they did wrong was not alter the world shape and put a 2 in the title of the game because outside of those 2 nit picks... Game is vastly different... that's both a good and bad thing unfortunately.

Its still darkfall,

I am sorry that AV decided it had to redue its game because they were not happy with the success of there original release....  Good for them for striving to make the game better but why is it OUR FAULT (Players who purchased Darkfall already) We supported them and they repay us by making us buy the game again??? 

I dont get how you can support this, its NOT OKAY, its just plain wrong its smacking your player base in the face!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Its still darkfall,

I am sorry that AV decided it had to redue its game because they were not happy with the success of there original release....  Good for them for striving to make the game better but why is it OUR FAULT (Players who purchased Darkfall already) We supported them and they repay us by making us buy the game again??? 

I dont get how you can support this, its NOT OKAY, its just plain wrong its smacking your player base in the face!

Sounds like you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.  Despite your opinion, Unholy Wars is a new game and it was offered to former DF1 players for the price of a subscription for a limited time offer.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Its still darkfall,

No, it's not, it's DF:UW, and you need to accept that fact before the conversation can go any further.

In fact, judging from some of the changes they made and the complaining I've seen from the DF player base I'd say they have no real interest in catering to them, and in fact are going after the much larger player base of people who didn't play/enjoy DF as originally delivered.

It's $30.00 US, seriously, if you really want to play it, you'll pay the fare, it's not like they're trying to get $500.00 out of you.

(which many people are giving the CU Kickstarter with no guarentee of a game ever delivering.)

Take a chance, it's really not necessary to be so filled up with mock-outrage.

(a bunch of people died in a bldg collapse yesterday, now they've got a real reason to be pissed off over there)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Game world is actually different, yes its a similar shape but a lot has changed..

They promised that the exp pack DF2010/arena would be free.. but they stopped making that and instead decided to be a totally new game.

You actually think Aventurine who can't even fix there old game, spent one year making DF 2.0 and its not the same game? Cmon people, they are an independent studio, this is NOT a new game. Any game developer can tell you the amount of time it really takes to build a new game. So instead of comparing this game to a console games development, which is ten folds quicker, try an MMORPG. So name one MMORPG that shut down its servers after the first game, and had a BRAND NEW game within a year? I will be waiting...........

And While we wait for your answer, ask me this, is this the EXPANSION they talked about or not? Because with as small as this company is, how in the hell did they go from working on an expansion for 1.0 to ditching that and working on a new game client in a matter of less than 2 years and be almost feature complete shocks me. You really think this isn't the same old game spiced up? They are either feeding you guys a bunch of bull, or they are simply thee best gaming company with thee fastest developers and coders in the world. I'm going to point my finger at my first assumption seeing as MMORPG game development is one of the longest development cycles of any game type. Don't beleive me, just ask Blizzard who employs a mass amount of developers, how long it took to put WoW together and how long its taken them with Titan. You really think Aventurine has better coders than Blizzard? This whole thread is funny to say the least....and thats my 2 cents.

Exactly a limited time offer what kind of bull crap is that???  Do it right and give it to every returning player, they already bought the right to play darkfall when they bought darkfall the first time!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Well it would seem that Aventurine does not have good business ethics....

Customer buys a game,  game is shut down and remade, customers wait for the new product.

New Product is released and AV says sorry this is a new game you must pay us again???  Hold the phone we bought the first version of Dark Fall?  Whats to say you wont shut this one down in another year and make us buy the third version etc... etc....

Simple Basic Business ethics, you give your returning customer the game for free after all he is PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION!!!

***I refuse to buy the new version and will not return until they figure out the mistake they are making***

I agree. They say it is a new game but it is not. It is a reskinned and optimized version of the old Darkfall and is in no way worth buying again.

That is one of the reasons why I am not playing this game. I refuse to buy a new version of a game which I already bought and this is not like GW/GW 2. Those are completely different games, different engine and everything. This one reuses a lot of the assets of the old game.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Holy crap. I did not know this. That it was a limited time that you could buy it as a old player. Luckily I did that, but sure sux for those that didn't. They need to fix this ASAP. Rly lame.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

I got the game for free.

Darkfall players had the option to buy darkfall unholy wars + 1 month sub for just 1 month worth of subscription for a   long period.  old players were also emailed about this.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Yamota

New Product is released and AV says sorry this is a new game you must pay us again???  Hold the phone we bought the first version of Dark Fall?  Whats to say you wont shut this one down in another year and make us buy the third version etc... etc....

***I refuse to buy the new version and will not return until they figure out the mistake they are making***

I agree. They say it is a new game but it is not. It is a reskinned and optimized version of the old Darkfall and is in no way worth buying again.

I agree

I bought civilization and sim city years ago, but still they wanted me to pay for Civ 2, civ 3, civ 4 and civ 5. It was the same with the sim series, but this time I refused to buy the last one.

I`m planning to send them an e-mail to claim the games for free, because it`s clearly just a reskinned version of the others.

Criminals and hoodlums, that`s what all of them are.

Madden 13 should of been free, MW 2 and 3!!!!

Ugh who cares... just don't play the game, So many new players to answer questions for in Global right now I wouldn't want people like you going in with a underlying chip on your shoulder trollings global as it is.

Originally posted by Hotjazz

I agree

I bought civilization and sim city years ago, but still they wanted me to pay for Civ 2, civ 3, civ 4 and civ 5. It was the same with the sim series, but this time I refused to buy the last one.

I`m planning to send them an e-mail to claim the games for free, because it`s clearly just a reskinned version of the others.

What you don't get is that peeps can still play CIV 2, 3, etc if they bought it. Players that bought DF1 can't play it any more. You know. They shut it down. So yeah, bad move by AV to not have the deal for old players ALL the time...

Originally posted by Lahuzer

I agree

What you don't get is that peeps can still play CIV 2, 3, etc if they bought it. Players that bought DF1 can't play it any more. You know. They shut it down you know. So yeah, bad move by AV to not have the deal for old players ALL the time...

But I can't play Asherons Call 2, Tabula Rasa, Matrix Online or Pre-Trammel UO (On actual servers) because that's how MMO's ONLINE WORLDS work when they go offline. Don't be ignorant just because you want to find an angle to support your cause.

• xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117

I think many of you are either being ass holes, or are actually on the slow side.

what AV did was as follow, they used the money that subscribers provided, where that money was supposed to go into maintaining and upgrading the world. they then saw fit to create a new game using this money while at the same time shutting down the old game and charging the same people who funded the development of the new game a full box price.

1. you pay a subscription fee, you expect a game to stay open if it can, or shut down if it cant maintain itself.

2. game not only maintained itself but it allowed the developers to do another project on the side. (work that could have gone to the original?)

3. the game you were playing was shut down, and if you want to play this new shiny version of a game you helped support then you have to pay.

this can be analogous to WoW vanilla being open for 1 year, then shutting down and releasing burning crusade and you have to pay full price for it.

i wouldnt see what they are doing as wrong if the orginal DF stayed open, but they are foribly shutting the game down... lets also remember that expansions are optional. i would hate it if i couldnt play GW2 anymore because i had to buy the new expansion id not i'm not allowed to play.

for all of you calling the OP a whiner... you need to reflect on what you are saying.

I agree

Silly arguement Civilization and Sim's are stand alone games not mmo's....  They didnt uninstall your previous version of the game and confiscate your CD so you couldnt play it did they>?

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Ichmen

isnt DF 2.0 just a huge content patch built off DF 1.0? but was too content heavy that they viewed it as a new game while it really isnt?

i can see paying for halflife 1 then paying again for half life 2 as both are by all accounts totally different games. but from what i saw of DF 1.0 and 2.0.. they are the same :/ just ui overhaul and upgrade/tweeks O_o or did they replace the entire game core eng and mechanics?

Not really.  The entire world was rebuilt.  All of the cities.  All of the characters.  The entire UI.  Entire portions of the game removed and added.  The combat system is different.  Crafting is different.  This wasn't just a content patch.  I've never seen a content patch change the game this dramatically in the 18 years that I've been playing video games online.

Really? so you have never heard of the NGE? lol

DF:UW started out as an expansion of DF, and along the way they decided to convert it into a new game.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Originally posted by xm522

I think many of you are either being ass holes, or are actually on the slow side.

what AV did was as follow, they used the money that subscribers provided, where that money was supposed to go into maintaining and upgrading the world. they then saw fit to create a new game using this money while at the same time shutting down the old game and charging the same people who funded the development of the new game a full box price.

1. you pay a subscription fee, you expect a game to stay open if it can, or shut down if it cant maintain itself.

2. game not only maintained itself but it allowed the developers to do another project on the side. (work that could have gone to the original?)

3. the game you were playing was shut down, and if you want to play this new shiny version of a game you helped support then you have to pay.

this can be analogous to WoW vanilla being open for 1 year, then shutting down and releasing burning crusade and you have to pay full price for it.

i wouldnt see what they are doing as wrong if the orginal DF stayed open, but they are foribly shutting the game down... lets also remember that expansions are optional. i would hate it if i couldnt play GW2 anymore because i had to buy the new expansion id not i'm not allowed to play.

for all of you calling the OP a whiner... you need to reflect on what you are saying.

^This. This guy gets it.

Originally posted by xm522

I'm 100% confident AV had a small enough population to close whenever they wanted if SWG did, Just because they managed to put a new game out instead of packing up shop like other MMO's did doesn't mean it's an out right scam, within the terms of service agreement it clearly states a MMO can go away at anytime it see's fit, DF1 had some MAJOR flaws and the entire world was destroyed by exploits and hacking of the early players. The new game plays different with some similarities and most importantly it's being primed to maintain players so stop the BS. I say this as someone who paid full price for both games , I have no regrets, then again I'm an adult with a job and treat gaming as an enterainment or hobby and much like Softball or batting cages or anything I do IRL I gotta pay money each time I do it or for every league and so forth... I go out and eat with family/friends... bills are 30-200$ easy so I rationalize it that way. Bet the OP isn't posting threads to Burger King about 10 dollar value meals when 30 pounds of beef cost the same much and he could make 120 quarter pounders.

Originally posted by Tierless

If I didnt have to buy it again I would have come back.

It's cool, you bought a game that may never exist... Stick with that one?

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

I agree

What you don't get is that peeps can still play CIV 2, 3, etc if they bought it. Players that bought DF1 can't play it any more. You know. They shut it down you know. So yeah, bad move by AV to not have the deal for old players ALL the time...

But I can't play Asherons Call 2, Tabula Rasa, Matrix Online or Pre-Trammel UO (On actual servers) because that's how MMO's ONLINE WORLDS work when they go offline. Don't be ignorant just because you want to find an angle to support your cause.

That is absolutely fantastic list and now you can add Darkfall UW into that and that is somehow a good thing ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **