Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite and least favorite.. Elder scrolls Province? Which are you also most excited to see?

2»

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by tkreep

ummm oblivion had just as much mature content as skyrim...maybe more. Honestly skyrim seemed way more toned down than previous ES.  And I believe they changed Oblivion to M rated a while ago.

Then again there's the whole decapitation thing in Skyrim, there's none of that type of violence in Oblivion.

They would have put those age of conan style animations in oblivion if they could have back in the day...but they didnt realy focus much on animations on that game like even the third person was horrible. 

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Pre-CHIM'd southern Cyrodil, to see whether developer's decided to follow their "*Cough it was a transciption error that Cyrodil was a jungle*" or admit that they screwed up and actually made it a jungle.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Morrowind and Oblivion were 2 of TES games I played to death. I didnt even play Skyrim because of the M rating.

Um, you should play Skyrim.

It might be a little darker than Oblvion but it has some of that Morrowind weirdness. It's quite an amazing game. There are some darker quest lines but just don't play them.

But some of them match the daedric quest in Oblvion where you go among the faitful of "whoever the daedric being is that prefers the dark" and you "take care" of the missionaries. 

Sounds awesome, but I just wont play any M rated games as a rule.

whats wrong with m rating, oblivion should have had a m rating too because of the amount of gore it had especially in the room filled with blood and corpses of some crazy guys work.

Its most likely a kid, and his parents don't allow him to play m rated games. Which would be the best parenting I've heard of in recent times...most parents are lazy and then complain when they see the game in action.

As for favorite continent. Probably Elsweyr (love deserts/jungles) and Morrowind (so different)

I'm very interested in seeing what they do with Hammerfell. Least favorite will probably be cyrodil, most boring landmass I ever played in a singleplayer game. It was boring as Elwynn Forest (or any other boring bland "human" starting area that are often in fantasy MMOs).

40 year old man, married family life. I live by the same rules I make my family live by. Cant tell a kid not to smoke if you smoke.

Great ethics (no sarcasm). I myself don't play any violent games of any sort around my son (don't even have the boxes around), but I do indulge after he goes to sleep. Dad gets to be a hypocrit in some cases. image

Thanks =-) Nice day on the mmorpg.com ESO forums. No nasty posting at all. Rather enjoied that!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Skyrim is the most manliest province...and the name sounds cool. all other provinces are for girly mans.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Blackmarsh and Al'Akir.

When swamps, or jungles with a profusion of vegetation and colour, and deserts with detail and good lighting effects are done well graphically I find them the most atmospheric.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Morrowind is the one I'm yearning to see.

Also excited for Valenwood / Elsweyr jungles.

The one that least excites me is Cyrodiil, even though there might be a lot of exiting stuff going on there.

As a dedicated one-toon player I am looking forward to seeing EVERYWHERE once I've got everything unlocked...

Same, I very rarely roll alts and thus I do try to experience everything there is to experience on one character.

But as far as Cyrodiil is concerned. Dunno, that landscape was the most boring one so far in Oblivion, definitely after the appealing weirdness of Morrowind.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Thanks =-) Nice day on the mmorpg.com ESO forums. No nasty posting at all. Rather enjoied that!

I can fix that!

TESO is going to be terribad!

Random unfunny kidding aside. I'm on the same boat as most in saying Morrowind is a place I'm gonna love looking at again. They did a good job of making that place look pretty unique.

Most excited I would say even if they aren't as standout, I'll enjoy taking a poke about the western areas since this will be their first, y'know, modern graphic interpretation.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin