It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I've never been a fan of MMORPGs... but I really want to be. In theory, they always sound super fun: leveling up a character, getting sweet loot, playing with friend, etc. Then I start playing and just wind up bored.
I was hoping you guys could help me find an MMO that I enjoy. First, here are the features I care about in order...
1. Quests more exciting than "collect x of y" and "kill z of q"
2. Faster paced combat.
3. Character build diversity
4. Minimal grinding
5. Not a "Pay to Win" pricing model. Honestly, I'd much rather pay a one time fee or even a subscription than play a F2P game that essentially requires you to make nonstop microtransactions to progress through the game.
6. Good graphics. This is actually a fairly minor concern, but if the above aspects are lacking, the game at least better have impressive graphics
Here are a few MMOs I have played and my thoughts on them.
- Warhammer Online: This is actually one of my favorite MMOs that I have played... but still only managed to keep my attention for about 30 levels worth. It turned into a grind for me around level 30 or so, and quests were usually pretty terrible (except for group event quests)
- Rift: Played on free weekend and leveled up quite a few classes. Combat wasn't too bad, and the Rift events were fun, but quality quests and story were nearly nonexistant
- Lord of the Rings Online: Maybe I just didn't give this game a fair chance, but I didn't even make it through the tutorial. Really, a "time meter" for picking up a satchel off the ground? Pretty archaic game mechanic, I would argue. Also, the combat seemed like it was going to be frustratingly boring.
Anyway, that was probably more information than anybody wanted to know. Any suggestions for an MMO that might be able to draw me in?