Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: First Impact: New Features Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

SilentFuture has revealed a few new features for Earthrise: First Impact as the game continues its optimization process. Players will be able to choose from any one of eight playable factions. In the earlier incarnation of Earthrise, players only had two factions from which to choose.

Find out more about all of the features above by clicking the links provided.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    is it true the new dev team is the old dev team just under a new company name?
  • theKeostheKeos Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Sebali

No. We're a game development company from Germany. We have our own management and development team. We purchased Earthrise from Masthead Studios and continue the development. Our relationship to Masthead is purely business-based.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    I'm glad to see a game that has died come back from the dead..... a true Zombie mmo!

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There is definitely some sort of relationship between the old and the new teams. The name "Daniel Schemann" is on the Whois records for play-earthrise.com before the old game went kaput and now. The registrar has changed and the IP history has changed, but that name has not.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by theKeos
    Originally posted by Sebali is it true the new dev team is the old dev team just under a new company name?
    No. We're a game development company from Germany. We have our own management and development team. We purchased Earthrise from Masthead Studios and continue the development. Our relationship to Masthead is purely business-based.

Does the game at least work now? This is not a sarcastic question, nor is it asked with ill intent. The game was as close to a completely non-functional game as I have ever seen. I am not exaggerating to emphasize my statements here. Earthrise was in worse shape than any game I have played whether in a testing/beta stage or in release stage of at least the last ten years, probably closer to twenty. I have no idea if the game's game play features were good or not because I spent so much time just trying to play the game. The only thing the game did right was not lock up. Screen turning yellow with some geometric shapes, getting stuck in either non-combat or combat mode until I swam out in the ocean (that really was the fix, swimming out in the ocean), players rubber banding, mobs rubber banding, global chat not working, unresponsive vendors, and something else that escapes me right now. All of this and more within an hour of logging into the game. Everything except an actual crash or lockup.

What I'm saying is that this is a serious question. Does the game actually work now?

Originally posted by lizardbones

What I'm saying is that this is a serious question. Does the game actually work now?

Definitely, the game works! If you get into the alpha you could try your own or wait until the NDA gets lifted that the testers can tell about. Until that I just can say, that we worked hard and it took us about one year to finally get the game to the stage it is now. 

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

Good you see the new owners working so hard on the game.

I played the 1st time and i saw alot of potential in the game. I played for about 2 months but had to stop the bugs were driving me nutz back then. 

Looks like the new team is giveing the game the love it needed. Keep up the good work.

• Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    It is the same company just sadly rebuilding the game to make a quick buck probably, I do love the game but wish another company would take over it or a small dev team with a pasion for this type of gaming would take over 

also if you expect to be able to talk about anything on there forums...think about I got banned along with a few other who are hardcore vets to the first one just for talking about old times and what we would like to see kept in the game and what would be nice to change and so on then mister....Keos here came along and screwed it all up I have the private messages to back this up if anyone wants the proof 

• Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Sorry double post but the edit wouldnt work

also if you expect to be able to talk about anything on there forums...think about I got banned along with a few other who are hardcore vets to the first one just for talking about old times and what we would like to see kept in the game and what would be nice to change and so on then mister....Keos here came along and screwed it all up I have the private messages to back this up if anyone wants the proof 

Originally posted by lizardbones What I'm saying is that this is a serious question. Does the game actually work now?

Definitely, the game works! If you get into the alpha you could try your own or wait until the NDA gets lifted that the testers can tell about. Until that I just can say, that we worked hard and it took us about one year to finally get the game to the stage it is now. 

Well, I did sign up, so I may see. :-)

If you guys have gotten the game functional, I think it could do very well because the idea of the game was really cool.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Great.

The game had potential - but was only 80% developed. If you managed to bring it to the finish line , it can be great MMO.

What are subscription plans ?

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I'm glad to see this game being resurrected  and some new things added in. 1st time played earth rise it was horrid mess and only played 2 days.  I'll check it out again once it goes out of beta. 

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Stand clear of this game, check all of my posts I never bash any game I always defend, but they have treated all of there vet players...   bad, they would not invite any to beta, every thing we post they ban us. If you mention another game in a post they remove it..

Stand clear.

Originally posted by Lobotomist

The game will be free to play so you don't need to buy it and you don't require a subscription.

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Member UncommonPosts: 56

There is definitely some sort of relationship between the old and the new teams. The name "Daniel Schemann" is on the Whois records for play-earthrise.com before the old game went kaput and now. The registrar has changed and the IP history has changed, but that name has not.

I thnk this was answered directly above your post.

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I paid for this game way back and started at launch, to much disappointment.  I was very excited to play and the fact that it says it will be f2p is about the only reason i would try it again without waiting months to see how it does first.  my interest is a tiny bit piqued.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I wish you guys the best of luck on your launch.  I'll be there to try it out.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Certainly interested in trying this in the future.  But would like to know how the cash shop will end up more than anything, but only time will tell there I guess.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Revy106
    It is the same company just sadly rebuilding the game to make a quick buck probably, I do love the game but wish another company would take over it or a small dev team with a pasion for this type of gaming would take over 

You Reyv106 are one of the reasons this genere sucks so much. Always dragging down positive news with your negative attitude, even when one member of the devs are communicating with the community you have to be such a dull one and not contritbuting with a squat except the reuglar "lulz. this game sucks. it will fail in xx months. trust me!!" 

Hope for the best for the game and if I would be theKeos I would delete my mmorpg.com account. Nothing good will ever come with talking with the community at this part of the internet. 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    The combat stil looks unrealistic. Can you kneel and fire? Go prone? Take cover?
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by s4ndm4n2006

I thnk this was answered directly above your post.

Yes  there is because if you ask them what they made before they won't tell you, so we know they are old devs from ER, they treat people like there stupid.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    is there full loot or not? i hope not..
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

The game will be free to play so you don't need to buy it and you don't require a subscription.

That's pretty awesome, however i am a guy that likes to craft things and put them up for show in my house in everquest 2. I love Everquest 2 crafting system because it add in a certain challenge into crafting instead of that boring click and wait system that a number of online games use and "a chance to get lucky" system that Aion used. I am wondering will this game have that certain challenge similar to everquest 2 or something better? Will this game have a housing system with lots of decoration's for us to add in, hell even allow us to make a museum?

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Killed what little interest I had when I read that one of the features would be open world PvP. 
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    i am still jilted by how bad the game was at launch and i wasted 50 bucks on an alpha that was hardly worth playing.doubt i will even give this new version a try without there being some kind of incentive for people who wasted money on the original.