Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMOs have the best build variety compared to PoE & Diablo 3?

13»

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

you have to be joking! 

D3 to have a good build choices? It's dumbed down from D2 so if you ask me, it's a step backwards...

PoE on the other hand is awesome and it offers almost limitless customization... Torchlight isn't that bad but it's nothing special as well...

From MMORPGS I know Archeage will have the option of customizing your own class which all together makes 150 possible combinations for classes...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by doodphace

And 2005 was 1 year into WoWs launch. I believe the poster you quoted (while wrong about most of his entire post), said WoW was still growing 5 years in, which, it was, with no new terratory launches.

I dont have the complete list

but WOW was localized to new territories during its first 5 years -- Russia was 2008

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=11633

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    D3 is not an mmo, it is an online co-op game at best, i completed the game twice without opening public instance once and i am sure many hardcore people completed the game without public instancing for once. that being said i find the build system of Rift very nice and unique. you might wanna check it out.

hmm .. i never said d3 is a MMO (nor PoE). What does that have to do with build variety?

It is just like i can ask what MMO has stories as good as Bioshock Infinite (and of course, in this case, the answer may very well be none).

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Phelcher
    GW2 isn't growing in population.

In constrast, Everquest was still growing in it's 3rd year. WoW after it's 5th year was growing...  EVE after it's 5 year was still growing. So it is extremely laughable to have "people" claim it's success, then attempt to back it up with whatever statistica he can find..

according to what source?

GW2 has not been localized for China yet  -- it will grow in numbers when that happens

WOW almost doubled in subs when it released to China in summer 2005

NA only.. 

Secondly, people in China don't play on NA servers, so what does the decline of our NA servers, have to do with china...? Those servers will be barren 1.5 years from now too..     

People realize, that there is no point in investing One's time into a character, if the world in which that character lives has a shelf life of just 6mo ~ 1.5years. 

I kept playing Everquest, because i was small compared to it.. 

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

what does the decline of our NA servers, have to do with china...? T

i havent seen you give any sources for your claims of decline

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    POE have da best build :D i fucking love
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Actually Path of Exile doesn't have that many skills. However, the customization with builds and skills is what makes the game mind boggling.

It's quite easy to make 6-8 characters and use every skill the game has to offer for them. I believe I have every skill in the game on my hardcore characters before the release of their most recent addition to the skills list.

Sigh . that is what i am afraid of. I am too low level in PoE to see all the skill yet. I like build variety that does something different, instead of just having a slightly different number.

For example, in D3 i alternate between two variations of a build (depending on my mood & where i farm). If i choose storm armor (shock aspect), i have much higher DPS, by the ability of having lightning strike mobs from time to time, in place of energy armor, which increase defense substantially.

So this is not like point a point in a DPS stat, as opposed to a point in defense state, and actually have different mechanics.

I was hoping PoE allows me to do some of that by swapping skill gems.

So how many skill gems are their? And at end game, what is a reasonable of slots that you will have?

Originally posted by Nadia

what does the decline of our NA servers, have to do with china...? T

i havent seen you give any sources for your claims of decline

Do you play..? 

Go log in...  & then ask such a bizarre question.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Actually Path of Exile doesn't have that many skills. However, the customization with builds and skills is what makes the game mind boggling.

It's quite easy to make 6-8 characters and use every skill the game has to offer for them. I believe I have every skill in the game on my hardcore characters before the release of their most recent addition to the skills list.

Sigh . that is what i am afraid of. I am too low level in PoE to see all the skill yet. I like build variety that does something different, instead of just having a slightly different number.

For example, in D3 i alternate between two variations of a build (depending on my mood & where i farm). If i choose storm armor (shock aspect), i have much higher DPS, by the ability of having lightning strike mobs from time to time, in place of energy armor, which increase defense substantially.

So this is not like point a point in a DPS stat, as opposed to a point in defense state, and actually have different mechanics.

So how many skill gems are their? And at end game, what is a reasonable of slots that you will have?

U do all of that^^

In a free game..  that isn't even an MMORPG...   and you're telling us that in detail because why..?? 

Lonely..?

-Nariusseldon

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

U do all of that^^

In a free game..  that isn't even an MMORPG...   and you're telling us that in detail because why..?? 

Lonely..?

D3 is too not MMORPG and ppls talking ,,, who care is is free game is better then incomplete d3 p2p pw2 lol

Originally posted by davc123

D3 is too not MMORPG and ppls talking ,,, who care is is free game is better then incomplete d3 p2p pw2 lol

I do. That is why i am asking Mtibbs for more information. Not everyone here onyl plays MMOs. Plus, PoE & D3 are close enough to MMOs. Who cares how some other dude on the internet may define them?