Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Divergence is THE Star Wars Galaxies Refugees MMO

2»

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Cincinnati, OHPosts: 983Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by sarabearrah

Im a carebear....looting, perma death along with open pvp isn't my style.

Too bad, because the videos really got me hooked.

Ill stick to veers elite and the other one I'm playing.

I was thinking the same thing. The only perma death in SWG was in the early days of the jedi grind and there was no looting corpses. Personally I'm looking forwad to the Repopulation. 

I also agree.  I played SWG from Day 2 (Day 1 the servers barely ran lol) and i seen what Perma death did to my friends who played.  It sounds good however in the MMO world it does not work unless you want only a few thousand players at best.  Your Average MMO player will not play these type of games.  

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Calgary, ABPosts: 2,156Member

Same here, day 1 vet (yes I actually managed to log on for a short bit) and Defiance doesn't look interesting at all.

• severiusseverius sacramento, CAPosts: 1,514Member Common
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Same here, day 1 vet (yes I actually managed to log on for a short bit) and Defiance doesn't look interesting at all.

For SWG folks Defiance surely isn't all that interesting.  Divergence, however, is what they're talking about here and if it weren't for the whole ffa pvp nonsense it looked interesting, to me.

Shroud of the Avatar, now that game is the one I am watching closely to bring some of that real open world gameplay feel.

• achesomaachesoma Portland, ORPosts: 1,000Member Uncommon

Just in case people don't know, SWG was never hardcore.  Yes, it was a sandbox with some cool features.  There was no forced pvp.  There was even themepark features. /gasp  In fact, they were officially called themeparks. 

Divergence is a hardcore, FFA pvp, with chance of permadeath MMO.  Not many of the SWG refugees are in to this.  So don't expect them to be all over this game, if it even releases. 

• DocBrodyDocBrody EldridgePosts: 1,820Member

Hello,

so you say Star Wars Galaxies? That was a great game, does Divergence have some sort of space ships simulation too or is it ground gameplay only? I will keep this on ""my radar"" ;)

Cheers

Doc C

• jandrsnjandrsn Minneapolis, MNPosts: 187Member
    Originally posted by achesoma

Just in case people don't know, SWG was never hardcore.  Yes, it was a sandbox with some cool features.  There was no forced pvp.  There was even themepark features. /gasp  In fact, they were officially called themeparks.  Divergence is a hardcore, FFA pvp, with chance of permadeath MMO.  Not many of the SWG refugees are in to this.  So don't expect them to be all over this game, if it even releases. 

I'm not an awesome pvper, I tend to be average at it. I like crafting stuff to be an actual help to my side. There is no way I can get into a game where I can get ganked while waiting to sell an item to a person. Why not set up crafters with a few friends? Have a few gank buddies hide a bit away, get a crafter to bring some goods you want to 'buy', then take them off his corpse? Sorry, total free for all anything goes pvp is a bit much for people who aren't hardcore pvper's. We lose too much being killed by some jerkoff kid who just wants to mess with someone. They just get off on the power they feel ruining a few days work for someone. It's not immersion, it's not hardcore, it tends to revert backto seventh grade cruelty. 'Cause I can' attitudes wreck it for me, and I bet for others too.
2»