Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divergence is THE Star Wars Galaxies Refugees MMO

2»

Comments

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Same here, day 1 vet (yes I actually managed to log on for a short bit) and Defiance doesn't look interesting at all.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Same here, day 1 vet (yes I actually managed to log on for a short bit) and Defiance doesn't look interesting at all.

For SWG folks Defiance surely isn't all that interesting.  Divergence, however, is what they're talking about here and if it weren't for the whole ffa pvp nonsense it looked interesting, to me.

Shroud of the Avatar, now that game is the one I am watching closely to bring some of that real open world gameplay feel.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Just in case people don't know, SWG was never hardcore.  Yes, it was a sandbox with some cool features.  There was no forced pvp.  There was even themepark features. /gasp  In fact, they were officially called themeparks. 

Divergence is a hardcore, FFA pvp, with chance of permadeath MMO.  Not many of the SWG refugees are in to this.  So don't expect them to be all over this game, if it even releases. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Hello,

so you say Star Wars Galaxies? That was a great game, does Divergence have some sort of space ships simulation too or is it ground gameplay only? I will keep this on ""my radar"" ;)

Cheers

Doc C

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by achesoma

Just in case people don't know, SWG was never hardcore.  Yes, it was a sandbox with some cool features.  There was no forced pvp.  There was even themepark features. /gasp  In fact, they were officially called themeparks.  Divergence is a hardcore, FFA pvp, with chance of permadeath MMO.  Not many of the SWG refugees are in to this.  So don't expect them to be all over this game, if it even releases. 

I'm not an awesome pvper, I tend to be average at it. I like crafting stuff to be an actual help to my side. There is no way I can get into a game where I can get ganked while waiting to sell an item to a person. Why not set up crafters with a few friends? Have a few gank buddies hide a bit away, get a crafter to bring some goods you want to 'buy', then take them off his corpse? Sorry, total free for all anything goes pvp is a bit much for people who aren't hardcore pvper's. We lose too much being killed by some jerkoff kid who just wants to mess with someone. They just get off on the power they feel ruining a few days work for someone. It's not immersion, it's not hardcore, it tends to revert backto seventh grade cruelty. 'Cause I can' attitudes wreck it for me, and I bet for others too.