Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventurine making returning players buy the game AGAIN!

jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150

Well it would seem that Aventurine does not have good business ethics....

Customer buys a game,  game is shut down and remade, customers wait for the new product.

New Product is released and AV says sorry this is a new game you must pay us again???  Hold the phone we bought the first version of Dark Fall?  Whats to say you wont shut this one down in another year and make us buy the third version etc... etc....

Simple Basic Business ethics, you give your returning customer the game for free after all he is PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION!!!

***I refuse to buy the new version and will not return until they figure out the mistake they are making***

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Its a new game.. plus you had the best part of a year to pre-order it at the price of the frist months sub if you already owned Darkfall.

They have not made any mistakes as it is a new game.. I mean did you get a GW2 for free if you owned GW?

Did you get half lfie 2 for free if you owned half life... I better not even mention the fifa games and cod games released every year..

But your also maknig no mistakes by not buying it... DF was a better game than this.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by jfoytek

Well it would seem that Aventurine does not have good business ethics....

Customer buys a game,  game is shut down and remade, customers wait for the new product.

New Product is released and AV says sorry this is a new game you must pay us again???  Hold the phone we bought the first version of Dark Fall?  Whats to say you wont shut this one down in another year and make us buy the third version etc... etc....

Simple Basic Business ethics, you give your returning customer the game for free after all he is PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION!!!

***I refuse to buy the new version and will not return until they figure out the mistake they are making***

I thought that if you had previously bought the game then all you had to do was pay the monthly sub.  I thought the client was free for those who had purchased the original DF.  I guess I was wrong.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

I thought that if you had previously bought the game then all you had to do was pay the monthly sub.  I thought the client was free for those who had purchased the original DF.  I guess I was wrong.

Only during pre-order.

• LarisliaLarislia Member Posts: 20

Uh maybe because this is a new game?

They even sent out emails multiple times advertising the free client cost to old DF1 players.. It's not like you didn't get the chance

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Its a new game.. plus you had the best part of a year to pre-order it at the price of the frist months sub if you already owned Darkfall.

They have not made any mistakes as it is a new game.. I mean did you get a GW2 for free if you owned GW?

Did you get half lfie 2 for free if you owned half life... I better not even mention the fifa games and cod games released every year..

But your also maknig no mistakes by not buying it... DF was a better game than this.

you know i can still play gw1 ,fifa1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and half life 1 etc.....

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Larislia

They even sent out emails multiple times advertising the free client cost to old DF1 players.. It's not like you didn't get the chance

Yep just like FFXIV Reborn is a "new" game.  I hold nothing against this game or it's players but this practice of calling a timeout when you release a bad game and charging people to buy what is in affect the game that should have been released in the first place needs to back fire on Developers.  For the health of the industry this kind of thing needs to clearnly be seen as not a viable stratagy for companies to pursure.

Originally posted by PAL-18

you know i can still play gw1 ,fifa1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and half life 1 etc.....

You wont be able to play GW1 forever it will shut down at some point.. will you then go demand your money back for GW2?

Even so the company behind GW clearly have the money to keep both games up and running.. AV are a small indie company and clearly cant afford to keep both games running.. I wish they could have as i would still be playing the origional DF..

Originally posted by udon

Yep just like FFXIV Reborn is a "new" game.  I hold nothing against this game or it's players but this practice of calling a timeout when you release a bad game and charging people to buy what is in affect the game that should have been released in the first place needs to back fire on Developers.  For the health of the industry this kind of thing needs to clearnly be seen as not a viable stratagy for companies to pursure.

DF:UW is not what the origional game should have been.. infact its probally as far away from the image of what they wanted darkfall to be as you can get without becoming a themepark game..

FFXIV reborn is not a new game, its a company fixing a massive massive horrible mess that FFXIV was.. Darkfall was a fulyl working MMORPG that was running for years. There is a big difference between the 2.

I am not sure why i am here defending AV as i think DF:UW is a shambles of a dumbed down MMORPG.

• shibonoryushibonoryu Member Posts: 23

FF XIV players who already purchased the game before ARR and had accounts won't have to buy the game again.

• NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52

Simply comparison:

Buy game - Buy car

Pay suscription - Pay fuel

When a new version of a car appears, if you want it you will buy it. What kind of problem do you have with a game that cost less? Why don't you go to show your hate against car's companies?

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150

This thinking is wrong!

When you purchased a Copy of the Original Darkfall, you entered into an aggreement with Aventurine that they would for the best of there ability maintain a game world for you to enjoy....

When AV shut down the game world and launched the new one they proved that they had the means to maintain a game world but voluntarily decided to breach there end of the contract with the customer, "IE providing a game world"

So they could either give everyone a refund that purchased the original game.

Go out of Business

or

Provide all old customers free access to the new game world (The Ethically correct thing to do)

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

Originally posted by jfoytek

This thinking is wrong!

When you purchased a Copy of the Original Darkfall, you entered into an aggreement with Aventurine that they would for the best of there ability maintain a game world for you to enjoy....

When AV shut down the game world and launched the new one they proved that they had the means to maintain a game world but voluntarily decided to breach there end of the contract with the customer, "IE providing a game world"

So they could either give everyone a refund that purchased the original game.

Go out of Business

or

Provide all old customers free access to the new game world (The Ethically correct thing to do)

MMORPGs do not run forever..
    They eventually close down.

They are under no obligation to give the new game away for free to people who played the old game..

They did offer a good pre-order deal that was available for the best part of a year.

Originally posted by Necroneus

Simply comparison:

Buy game - Buy car

Pay suscription - Pay fuel

When a new version of a car appears, if you want it you will buy it. What kind of problem do you have with a game that cost less? Why don't you go to show your hate against car's companies?

Well you still have your old car and no need for new one.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    A discount was offered and advertised for a long time. Your bad, in my opinion.

Hi

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Jayaris

They should not have made existing customers but it again, period. It is NOT a new game despite claims to the contrary. What AV did is take the same code base and change a few things. Only suckers are buying onto the new game bs excuse.

Unethical lying company.

Originally posted by Jayaris

You think that its customers fault because they did not pre-order product which is still in alpha stage when its launched?

They offered and advertised this product long time ago ,and you dont see the problem ?

Everyone keeps bringing up this Discount!

Which mind you the only people that new about said discount were the people involved in the beta process.....

For those of us who didnt want to be involved with the Beta Fiasco and who waited for the release of the game we get the shaft?  Sure it was common knowledge for the 5 months of beta in which a target group (The Beta Players knew about the offer)

But all of that is MOOT

As Darkfall is Darkfall the map is the same its the same Overall game world we purchased originally and were promised!  Would be FREE....  When the new game released!!!

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

a realm reborn is a new game tho diffreant engine and everything. but everyone who bought the first ffxiv gets there free month back

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

isnt DF 2.0 just a huge content patch built off DF 1.0? but was too content heavy that they viewed it as a new game while it really isnt?

i can see paying for halflife 1 then paying again for half life 2 as both are by all accounts totally different games. but from what i saw of DF 1.0 and 2.0.. they are the same :/ just ui overhaul and upgrade/tweeks O_o or did they replace the entire game core eng and mechanics?

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

So?

When Everquest 2 came out, did you not have to buy it?  I don't understand the point of this thread.  Ah yes, nevermind.  It's you generation NOW kiddies that have to have everything for free, and right now.  I got my discount because I played DF1.  The game only cost me $15.  They didn't even have to do that.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Ichmen

isnt DF 2.0 just a huge content patch built off DF 1.0? but was too content heavy that they viewed it as a new game while it really isnt?

i can see paying for halflife 1 then paying again for half life 2 as both are by all accounts totally different games. but from what i saw of DF 1.0 and 2.0.. they are the same :/ just ui overhaul and upgrade/tweeks O_o or did they replace the entire game core eng and mechanics?

Not really.  The entire world was rebuilt.  All of the cities.  All of the characters.  The entire UI.  Entire portions of the game removed and added.  The combat system is different.  Crafting is different.  This wasn't just a content patch.  I've never seen a content patch change the game this dramatically in the 18 years that I've been playing video games online.

My generation? 

When you enter into a contract for a service the customer expects to recieve the service!

I purchased Darkfall already, the developers could not make the content changes to the game world that they wanted with a patch or expansion so THEY SHUT DOWN the service I payed for....

Additionally AV stated on many occasions that the new game would be FREE to RETURNING PLAYERS....

So they took away the service they promised to provide with no refund. They then released a similiar service and did not give me access, as they intended to DOUBLE CHARGE me for the same service... IE the Darkfall game world!!!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Ichmen isnt DF 2.0 just a huge content patch built off DF 1.0? but was too content heavy that they viewed it as a new game while it really isnt? i can see paying for halflife 1 then paying again for half life 2 as both are by all accounts totally different games. but from what i saw of DF 1.0 and 2.0.. they are the same :/ just ui overhaul and upgrade/tweeks O_o or did they replace the entire game core eng and mechanics?
    Not really.  The entire world was rebuilt.  All of the cities.  All of the characters.  The entire UI.  Entire portions of the game removed and added.  The combat system is different.  Crafting is different.  This wasn't just a content patch.  I've never seen a content patch change the game this dramatically in the 18 years that I've been playing video games online.

Why would anyone assume that they could get into this game for free even if it was just an expansion? WoW expansions aren't free for existing WoW players. EQ2 wasn't free for EQ players. Bioshock Infinite wasn't free for Bioshock players.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if it were free, but why would anyone expect it to be free?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Some people want everything for free. Pretty much every article leading up to Darkfall:Unholy Wars original release date talked about pre-orders and the discount you could get.

I owned the original Darkfall, couldn't find my account info. I bought the game at full price, couldn't care less.

Go fight for a cause that actually matters, you're wasting time on the internet.

Hi

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by DAS1337

Originally posted by Ichmen isnt DF 2.0 just a huge content patch built off DF 1.0? but was too content heavy that they viewed it as a new game while it really isnt? i can see paying for halflife 1 then paying again for half life 2 as both are by all accounts totally different games. but from what i saw of DF 1.0 and 2.0.. they are the same :/ just ui overhaul and upgrade/tweeks O_o or did they replace the entire game core eng and mechanics?

Why would anyone assume that they could get into this game for free even if it was just an expansion? WoW expansions aren't free for existing WoW players. EQ2 wasn't free for EQ players. Bioshock Infinite wasn't free for Bioshock players.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if it were free, but why would anyone expect it to be free?

PRetty sure that people can play WoW without expansion this and that still.

And this is far worse,if you made 70 level palading in WoW for example  and buy next expansion,they would delete your character ? does that even make sense,AV did exactly this.