Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: New Trailer Showcases Devils

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Devils plague the Helms Hold location in Neverwinter, a once safe place for victims of the spellplague. This new video from Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment lets players in on some of the lore behind the devils to be found...and conquered in Neverwinter. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Soon.™    image
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Boring Trailer
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Looks cool, I'll probably play this game, but they're not getting a dime until I can play my half-elf archer like I played for so many years in pen and paper :)  they better add an archer class...then they can have all the money in my bank hehe :)
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Bah...

Good that its free. Because I can help it and buy anything branded D&D

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Hopefully more classes will come soon. Then it will be fun!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Why is every game branded with D&D anything but?

Joined - July 2004

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I can't wait!!!!!
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by remyburke

There was one true D&D game , its called "Temple of Elemental Evil" , company that made it disbanded after the game....

And than years after they made one of most sucessful kickstarters ;)

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

It's a sales pitch, nothing more.  Just like SWTOR, they are relying on the IP to carry the game through.  Not only are they using the D&D IP but also coeincidently they are also using Neverwinter when they know full well many will come looking expecting a NWN3.

If they truely wanted to make a 4e D&D MMO they could have done A LOT better, for starters actually make character development actually resemble D&D 4e and not a WoW bastardization of it.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by furbans

It's a sales pitch, nothing more.  Just like SWTOR, they are relying on the IP to carry the game through.  Not only are they using the D&D IP but also coeincidently they are also using Neverwinter when they know full well many will come looking expecting a NWN3.

If they truely wanted to make a 4e D&D MMO they could have done A LOT better, for starters actually make character development actually resemble D&D 4e and not a WoW bastardization of it.

How is character development in NWO, seen here and here, completely different to 4e character development? Please do tell.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    This game is basicaly nothing more than a reskin of champions online, or champions online 1.2 with a more popular ip.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I'm going to give this a go, for free I might as well. I think at thos point if I had put any money down on this game, I would have been expecting more. I am expecting more even as a free to play member
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

There was one true D&D game , its called "Temple of Elemental Evil" , company that made it disbanded after the game....

And than years after they made one of most sucessful kickstarters ;)

Back in the day, SSI's Gold Box Series was a pretty darn good representation of the D&D franchise, as was the Eye of the Beholder game.