Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gameplay Is Really Clunky And Bad, It Will Never Improve!

[mod edit] When I look at videos of melee vs melee, it looks retarted, you are are simply constantly running and swinging your sword, the vast majority of people use 2 handed weapons and no one ever blocks. All you do is run around constantly and mash the swing button when you are near the enemy and think you can hit them.

Really, this game is a pile of mush, the game world may be huge but many parts of it look dull and boring, the cities don't feel alive at all and the enviornments are not very diverse, I think World of Warcrafts world looks way better then this pathetic game, I quit WoW, might go back to it one day though but I doubt it, WoW is old now, stereotypical MMORPG point and click gameplay but its still has better gaemplay then this clunky piece of garbage.

If any of you want a more enjoyable pvp experience that is also places a lot of importance on skill, wait for WildStar Online and maybe Black Desert Online. Firefall is a MMO shooter that is skill based to but it has yet to release a lot of features for it and is still in beta.

I have always wanted to play a MMORPG that has gameplay like Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Skyrim had the best gameplay ever for melee combat, it felt realistic and you were not constantly running around [mod edit] swinging and never blocking like you do in this game.

DF:UW will probably be dead in 5-7 years, it is a really bad arcade style Fantasy MMO that had stupid looking melee combat and horrible player models. 

Comments

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Imperator101

I would say World of Warcraft has better gameplay then this horrible game, even though WoW is the same old typical MMORPG combat, at least the pvp is more enjoyable. When I look at videos of melee vs melee, it looks retarted, you are are simply constantly running and swinging your sword, the vast majority of people use 2 handed weapons and no one ever blocks. All you do is run around constantly and mash the swing button when you are near the enemy and think you can hit them. Really, this game is a pile of mush, the game world may be huge but many parts of it look dull and boring, the cities don't feel alive at all and the enviornments are not very diverse, I think World of Warcrafts world looks way better then this pathetic game, I quit WoW, might go back to it one day though but I doubt it, WoW is old now, stereotypical MMORPG point and click gameplay but its still has better gaemplay then this clunky piece of garbage. If any of you want a more enjoyable pvp experience that is also places a lot of importance on skill, wait for WildStar Online and maybe Black Desert Online. Firefall is a MMO shooter that is skill based to but it has yet to release a lot of features for it and is still in beta. I have always wanted to play a MMORPG that has gameplay like Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Skyrim had the best gameplay ever for melee combat, it felt realistic and you were not constantly running around like a retard swinging and never blocking like you do in this game. DF:UW will probably be dead in 5-7 years, it is a really bad arcade style Fantasy MMO that had stupid looking melee combat and horrible player models. 

Wow...

...Skyrim had the best gameplay ever for melee combat...

I mean... wow...

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Not for everyone I guess but the title is very misleading and dramatic.
  • StevegopopStevegopop Member Posts: 14
    Your right, the combat is clunky......i still enjoy it more then a tab target game. And to say Skyrim had good comabt is gonna get you flamed to hell my friend. In mine and 99% of people's opinion, the elderscrolls one weakness is that its combat is quite bad. This kinda makes you look like you either don't know what your talking about or you have a really wierd fetish for knife through butter, damage sponge combat.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

OP comming from WoW says enough NUFF SAID:)

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59

I would say World of Warcraft has better gameplay then this horrible game, even though WoW is the same old typical MMORPG combat, at least the pvp is more enjoyable. When I look at videos of melee vs melee, it looks retarted, you are are simply constantly running and swinging your sword, the vast majority of people use 2 handed weapons and no one ever blocks. All you do is run around constantly and mash the swing button when you are near the enemy and think you can hit them.

Really, this game is a pile of mush, the game world may be huge but many parts of it look dull and boring, the cities don't feel alive at all and the enviornments are not very diverse, I think World of Warcrafts world looks way better then this pathetic game, I quit WoW, might go back to it one day though but I doubt it, WoW is old now, stereotypical MMORPG point and click gameplay but its still has better gaemplay then this clunky piece of garbage.

If any of you want a more enjoyable pvp experience that is also places a lot of importance on skill, wait for WildStar Online and maybe Black Desert Online. Firefall is a MMO shooter that is skill based to but it has yet to release a lot of features for it and is still in beta.

I have always wanted to play a MMORPG that has gameplay like Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Skyrim had the best gameplay ever for melee combat, it felt realistic and you were not constantly running around like a retard swinging and never blocking like you do in this game.

DF:UW will probably be dead in 5-7 years, it is a really bad arcade style Fantasy MMO that had stupid looking melee combat and horrible player models. 

There are many times you need to block in DFUW combat. Have you only judged from videos? And you like wow pvp more then DFUW.  In that case prolly a waste of time talking to you.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Yes combat where your Tab button does most of the work; going to darkfall could seem more difficult.
  • Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131

How does Skyrim have bad gameplay? With some tweaks to make it more skill based, it would be great for pvp. Skyrims melee combat doesn't look stupid like UW does, you are not constantly running around/bunny hopping your way while swinging your two handed weapon constantly. I have watched videos, I never saw any block animation, melee combat in UW consists of constantly running around swinging your weapon like a retard, it does not look fluied or realistic at all, I know they are not aiming for realism but still, the combat looks retarted. 

Seriously, the only thing a warrior does is use the same attack over and over while constantly running and swinging their weapon. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

How does Skyrim have bad gameplay? With some tweaks to make it more skill based, it would be great for pvp. Skyrims melee combat doesn't look stupid like UW does, you are not constantly running around/bunny hopping your way while swinging your two handed weapon constantly. I have watched videos, I never saw any block animation, melee combat in UW consists of constantly running around swinging your weapon like a retard, it does not look fluied or realistic at all, I know they are not aiming for realism but still, the combat looks retarted. 

Seriously, the only thing a warrior does is use the same attack over and over while constantly running and swinging their weapon. 

there doing it wrong

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

Close melee combat is just one aspect, but I even love that compared to tab target or even the other styles of location target melee.

Where DFUW exceeds everything is archers and mages. I give WoW type tab games a D-, location type games like AoC/m&b a C- and DFUW a B for melee.

Archery/magic DFUW gets an A+, everything else gets an F

Asdar

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

I would say World of Warcraft has better gameplay then this horrible game, even though WoW is the same old typical MMORPG combat, at least the pvp is more enjoyable. When I look at videos of melee vs melee, it looks retarted, you are are simply constantly running and swinging your sword, the vast majority of people use 2 handed weapons and no one ever blocks. All you do is run around constantly and mash the swing button when you are near the enemy and think you can hit them.

I have always wanted to play a MMORPG that has gameplay like Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Skyrim had the best gameplay ever for melee combat, it felt realistic and you were not constantly running around like a retard swinging and never blocking like you do in this game.

This negates your entire post. 

You haven't played it, have you?

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
    I don't care if I never played it, the game looks like crap. The only good part of it is the ranged combat but Melee looks horrible, I would rather have some melee fights in World of Warcraft then play this bunny hopping and running around like an idiot contantly swining my weapon. The game world is huge but it looks bland and boring, there are not many details and I haven't seen any cities yet, World of Warcraft has a way more diverse and better looking world.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

This guy made a similar claim (dead in 5-7 years) for ESO. He is quite genuinely just trolling for attention.

Apparently, not even bright enough to realize 5-7 years would be a great run for DF:UW.

Hi

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    No, you can't make this sort of complaint if you have never played it. /end thread

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    I don't care if I never played it, the game looks like crap. The only good part of it is the ranged combat but Melee looks horrible, I would rather have some melee fights in World of Warcraft then play this bunny hopping and running around like an idiot contantly swining my weapon. The game world is huge but it looks bland and boring, there are not many details and I haven't seen any cities yet, World of Warcraft has a way more diverse and better looking world.

Kind of odd to compare a game thats a themepark with tab targetting and has been around for over 8 years. To a game thats a sandbox with directional combat and has only been live for under a month.

Not to even mention your criticism is based from videos, and not actual gameplay experience.

WoW and DFUW could not be further apart when it comes to comparisons with the one exception of them both set in a fantasy background.

Lolipops !

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Jayaris

This guy made a similar claim (dead in 5-7 years) for ESO. He is quite genuinely just trolling for attention.

Apparently, not even bright enough to realize 5-7 years would be a great run for DF:UW.

LoL 5-7 years would be super sucessful. I bet Adventurine would flipout if they can get 5-7 years from DFUW.

Lolipops !

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Jayaris

This, nuff said.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    These hate threads are getting better every day. This one actually made me lol !
  • bananatoastbananatoast Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by asdar

Close melee combat is just one aspect, but I even love that compared to tab target or even the other styles of location target melee.

Where DFUW exceeds everything is archers and mages. I give WoW type tab games a D-, location type games like AoC/m&b a C- and DFUW a B for melee.

So DFUW is just another game of choosing the right profession to own the bad ones? Hell, that's even worse than roguecraft was back in the vanilla days of wow...

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

pfffffffffffff are you being serious now? O.O 

is it really all of you are saying that TAB combat is harder than that crosshair thing, more pro, REALLY? O.O You have to be kidding me. The crosshair auto targets the last opponent that crossed your aim, dafuq is this shit ... how can you say such blunt statements, it wasthe same with tera, it was the same with neverwinter, it is the same with this stupid game ._. I still find Guild Wars 2 combat a lot more dynamic than any of the games i just listed above

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by asdar

Are you trying to say that the Darkfall melee combat system is better than mount and blade? and the ranged combat gets an A+ really?

I am just shocked..

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

This post is fail...DF gameplay is shockingly smooth and it's a sandbox...so, if you are a sandbox gamer that likes pvp...this is a great game.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by DMKano

While the OP has no first hand experience and the WoW comparison is silly I think he has one valid point.

The melee combat that resorts to running with swingarounds is indeed silly, I am not a big fan of it either.

There is no squaring off and just fighting in melee, 90% of the time its chase and swingaround. What is needed is an endurance system where running would drain stamina like in AoC and jumping and swinging should lead to exhaustion which reduces movement sand damage.

Posts like this have to make people that are any good laugh...this just means you are bad, not that that's the only way to play in combat...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by DMKano

While the OP has no first hand experience and the WoW comparison is silly I think he has one valid point.

The melee combat that resorts to running with swingarounds is indeed silly, I am not a big fan of it either.

There is no squaring off and just fighting in melee, 90% of the time its chase and swingaround. What is needed is an endurance system where running would drain stamina like in AoC and jumping and swinging should lead to exhaustion which reduces movement sand damage.

There is a stamina drain in UW.  Also, stamina is drained when you sprint, jump and swing.  I'm a Primalist and my spell does damage, reduces their stam and mana.  When they run of stamina they are like a fish out of water.  Or are you talking about WoW? 

As for tag target, it is inferior to FPS targeting.  Aiming and landing your hits are better than autotrack attacks.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'd like to know why people think ES/Skyrim combat is so bad?

Becuase of the menu system?

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

pfffffffffffff are you being serious now? O.O 

is it really all of you are saying that TAB combat is harder than that crosshair thing, more pro, REALLY? O.O You have to be kidding me. The crosshair auto targets the last opponent that crossed your aim, dafuq is this shit ... how can you say such blunt statements, it wasthe same with tera, it was the same with neverwinter, it is the same with this stupid game ._. I still find Guild Wars 2 combat a lot more dynamic than any of the games i just listed above

you make no sense.

This discussion has been closed.