Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Server List?

OlimanOliman Member Posts: 17

I was looking for a release server list so my guildies and I can make sure we create chars on the same server.

Anyone know if this info has been posted?

Or is it just one big server?

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. House

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

To my knowledge it will be one big server, more like the orriginal GW

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

This is correct.

SUP

• OlimanOliman Member Posts: 17
    Awesome, thanks guys.

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. House

• lawpel66lawpel66 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

This is incorrect.

Will Neverwinter have shards?

Yes, Neverwinter will have three shards at launch. The shards will be named:
    • Beholder
    • Dragon
    • Mindflayer

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by lawpel66
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus To my knowledge it will be one big server, more like the orriginal GW  
    This is incorrect.

Will Neverwinter have shards?Yes, Neverwinter will have three shards at launch. The shards will be named:• Beholder• Dragon• Mindflayer

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631

Thank god you posted this. I was scrolling the comments reading each one saying to myself "This is incorrect". Yes Multiple shards. My guild will be on Mindflayer.
  • MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    Glad they announced the shard names, wil make it easy to coordinate getting all my friends on 1 server.
  • PrograssivePrograssive Member Posts: 48
    So there wont be EU and US servers right? We will play together at the same server?

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by lawpel66

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus To my knowledge it will be one big server, more like the orriginal GW  
    This is incorrect.

Will Neverwinter have shards?Yes, Neverwinter will have three shards at launch. The shards will be named:• Beholder• Dragon• Mindflayer

Thank god you posted this. I was scrolling the comments reading each one saying to myself "This is incorrect". Yes Multiple shards. My guild will be on Mindflayer.

That is really misleading.  Their intention is to merge those 3 into a single server (shard) after release.  This is to help ease the transition into launch so servers aren't overloaded.

Guild names must be unique across all three shards to support this agenda.

To answer the question: at launch there will be 3 shards, but soon after they plan on merging them after the environment becomes stable.

So in the end it does not matter what you choose...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• kaeljaerenkaeljaeren Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Prograssive
    So there wont be EU and US servers right? We will play together at the same server?

I want to know this too. Is one shard better PING for EU people? 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by kaeljaeren

I seriously don't understand this obsession with pings in MMO's.

I avoid EU servers like plague for years now, since they get invaded by russians / eastern europeans and south europeans spamming public channels in their own language all day long.

So I stick to US servers for years now, without any latency issues at all.

I can understand latency can become a bit more of an issue when you play competitive PVP / FPS games, but for MMO's it really doesn't matter much.... unless your latency starts exceeded 3 - 400 ms on continious basis.

But so far I can keep my ping below 200ms on East Coast US servers and under 300ms on West Coast servers and enjoy the games just fine.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by kaeljaeren

As was explained on the official forums (to the best I can recall), their 'shards' consist of multiple servers across the world that work together.  Reports from players all over the globe on the forums was positive in regards to ping.  Eventually, as has been stated the shards will be combined into one mega shard for the entire world.  Having played STO and CO, which use similar technology, with other players around the world it appears most players shouldn't have latency issues from Cryptic/PWE's end for most of the world.

On the official forums, the EU guilds seem to be scattered across the initial three shards.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• kaeljaerenkaeljaeren Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Alright, I don't play much MMOs so, the games I played, like HoN and Dota 2 was unplayable if you didn't get on an EU server, so that is why I asked. But it's good that everything will work here.