Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial in DF:UW?

Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

Hi everyone. I wanted to know if there's a few days trial to play this game, because i'm really interested in trying it, but i don't want to spend that much money in something that i don't know if i'm gonna like ($40 here in Argentina is a lot of money to just throw away in something you won't use). Lately i've been getting dissapointed over and over with the "new" and "exciting" games like Neverwinter and crap like that.

If there isn't any trial, do you guys have any idea if they're planning in adding it soon?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

Slight interest here as well.  Any buddy keys? Trials anything?

Z.

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by GabboFunes

Hi everyone. I wanted to know if there's a few days trial to play this game, because i'm really interested in trying it, but i don't want to spend that much money in something that i don't know if i'm gonna like ($40 here in Argentina is a lot of money to just throw away in something you won't use). Lately i've been getting dissapointed over and over with the "new" and "exciting" games like Neverwinter and crap like that.

If there isn't any trial, do you guys have any idea if they're planning in adding it soon?

Thanks for the help.

There is no trial and i dont think they will be adding it very soon.

Best option would be to watch twitch streams, youtube videos and read about the game.

• Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

Meh, that's too bad...

Personally, i can't say if a game is good just by watching a video - controls are almost everything to me, and until i don't "feel" how the game works, i can't say if it's something i would like.

Seems like they've just lost a costumer by not adding a one day trial period. :(

Thanks for the info!
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Meh, that's too bad...

Personally, i can't say if a game is good just by watching a video - controls are almost everything to me, and until i don't "feel" how the game works, i can't say if it's something i would like.

Seems like they've just lost a costumer by not adding a one day trial period. :(

Thanks for the info!

DF1 did eventually come out with a trial, so I see  no reason why it would not again.  Who knows, there may be a good deal when it comes out on Steam. 

For a newcomer, Darkfall definitely feels different than any other game and it will probably take you a few days to get acclimated ingame if you ever do try it.

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    There won't be a trial for a while.  I suggest you get in and play this game. Its by far the best MMO out there right now and you will not get any other experiance like it.  I would pay 200 bucks to play darkfall.  I already see effing gold sellers trying to sell 10K gold for effing 40 bucks and I have heard house deeds going for up to $1000 US so you could make your money back playing the game if you wanna be like a china gold farmer.
    Originally posted by MegaD61
    There won't be a trial for a while.  I suggest you get in and play this game. Its by far the best MMO out there right now and you will not get any other experiance like it.  I would pay 200 bucks to play darkfall.  I already see effing gold sellers trying to sell 10K gold for effing 40 bucks and I have heard house deeds going for up to $1000 US so you could make your money back playing the game if you wanna be like a china gold farmer.

I've been told the same about GW2 and Neverwinter, and i couldn't stand them for more than an hour. Luckily, i tried the beta in those, so i didn't had to spend money.

At the end, i always end up playing WoW over and over again. The lore may be awful right now, but the controls in that game are like... i don't know, they just suit so well for me. I actually tried to play LotRO (which has almost the same controls) but it's like playing WoW in slow motion, ugh.

I think i'll just wait and see, maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

There is no trial.

They wont let you see how crap this game is, so they entice you to buy it and regret it later.

Wish I could turn back time and save those 29 euros.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ToodlesToodles Member UncommonPosts: 121
    if a game in his age in the genre isn't offering a free trial, it's because it sucks.
    Originally posted by Toodles
    if a game in his age in the genre isn't offering a free trial, it's because it sucks.

I ask this because I don't know; what games have released a trial immediately at release?

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Thanks for the help.

My advice would be to get the game now while most players are still trying to learn what works because by the time the trial comes out the game will be filled with beast and other foul things.

• ToodlesToodles Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I ask this because I don't know; what games have released a trial immediately at release?

This isn't a 'release' Darkfall has been out for years. 

AV would beg to differ.  Regardless of your opinion, AV is touting it as a new game.  So, once again, I would like to know what games offer a trial immediately after release?

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

was considering it until you mentioned goldfarmers. That is a no, thanks for the heads up.

Currently bored with MMO's.

AV would beg to differ.  Regardless of your opinion, AV is touting it as a new game.  So, once again, I would like to know what games offer a trial immediately after release?

We all know there are none... now you two behave

Originally posted by ElderRat

was considering it until you mentioned goldfarmers. That is a no, thanks for the heads up.

Show me a popular game with no gold farmers...

We both know there are NONE... lets us stop, this ... this foolishness.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by General-Zod

Ah ha, this. At least in DFUW you can go kill said gold farmers if you're so against it.

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Ah ha, this. At least in DFUW you can go kill said gold farmers if you're so against it.

Haha, I would LOVE to do that. Unfortunately, the gold farmers are probably one of the big guilds with high-prowess players. Still, if we could somehow find out who was doing it...

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

There is no trial.

They wont let you see how crap this game is, so they entice you to buy it and regret it later.

Perhaps you should offer up your account to some of these curious folks.  That way is would only be a sub fee at most to them.

~Hairysun

Originally posted by Hairysun

There is no trial.

Perhaps you should offer up your account to some of these curious folks.  That way is would only be a sub fee at most to them.

~Hairysun

That would be awesome, lol.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

There is no trial.

~Hairysun

I can't give it away for free, but message me with some offers. :)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

There is no trial.

~Hairysun

I can't give it away for free, but message me with some offers. :)

The point of the thread was to actually have a chance of trying the game without paying for something that i don't know if i'm gonna like. :P

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

There is no trial.

Haha, awesome idea.

Let the mmorpg guys try out the game for seven days each. Then you don`t have to scare them away with words, you can accually show them you are right. Think about it like community work for only 15$ a month. The good part for you, is that someone will slowly level your char for free. If Darkfall gets better in months ahead, it would save you some serious grinding. It`s a win win for you and us fanboys. We might get a few new players, you will show people you are right and get a high level char.

All for the small sum of 15$ a month. :)

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    My advice would be to get the game now while most players are still trying to learn what works because by the time the trial comes out the game will be filled with beast and other foul things.

I think waiting for the free trial may be actually good decision.

Currently we have rat race to 15k - 20k prowess, with people who got there chasing off slackers from best spawns. So you're competing with people playing 24/7 for the control of 50-100 spawns outside the safe zone. It's quite fun - but requires some dedication for a week or two to get PvP ready char.

At some point  AV will make getting 20k prowess easier, and new features will bring new ways to get prowess. And top hardcore players will move on to guild warfare, leaving some breathing space for new players / casuals.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I agree - there should be a trial - this game is like Marmite - you either love it or hate it.

It's so different from games such as WoW or GW2 that people need to know what they're buying.

Full-loot PvP isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure.

Personally, I enjoy playing DFUW - it's an MMORPG for adults.

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

I cant think of any mmorpg that has given free trial right on release. Would be a terrible marketing descision imo.