Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite and least favorite.. Elder scrolls Playstyle?

ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175

I can already see the Sneak Thiefs will run away with this thread but lets see what people like.

I personally enjoy the 2Handed Battle Axe + Destruction magic in Light Armor for avoidance and Stamina Regen.  Really love opening up with a few Incinerates from range and finish them off with a couple Backwards Power Attack.  Such a wonderful feeling of control with that setup.  I would without any other knowledge probably play a Sorcerer with 2H and Medium Armor (Skyrim's version of light) so I can get this same playstyle.

Lets hear what your's will be.

SUP

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock

I can already see the Sneak Thiefs will run away with this thread but lets see what people like.

I personally enjoy the 2Handed Battle Axe + Destruction magic in Light Armor for avoidance and Stamina Regen.  Really love opening up with a few Incinerates from range and finish them off with a couple Backwards Power Attack.  Such a wonderful feeling of control with that setup.  I would without any other knowledge probably play a Sorcerer with 2H and Medium Armor (Skyrim's version of light) so I can get this same playstyle.

I have always rolled Stealth / Bow as a main build and probably support/healing as a secondary. So I guess a Healing Ranger, Hazah

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I equally liked heavy armor + big twohanders or sword & board and the sneaky style of play. Usually switched between those two the most.

In most TES games, I didn't very much like the vanilla magic system, it felt too restraining and sometimes flat out weak (except for utility / healing).

With the addition of a few mods I did enjoy magic much more though, the mod owners often got it right with spells that created interesting and unique effects.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I really liked creating crazy spells and things with mage-like characters. I would always roll legit with robes and things even if other types of armor were better. I always had some magic mod downloaded to enhance the magic system as well.

One of my favorite things used to be watching my brother play his orc with a two-handed axe. He was ruthless. If a high elf got snooty with him, he would just murder without thinking twice. I believe that was during Oblivion times.

Morrowind was the game that I experienced first though. The first character I played was an Argonian thief typ character. I remember spending hours and hours spamming jump to get my acrobatics up and then jumping everywhere I went when it got really high. There were so many good times in Morrowind.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock

I have always rolled Stealth / Bow as a main build and probably support/healing as a secondary. So I guess a Healing Ranger, Hazah

I have been thinking of rolling a Stealth/Bow healer/support role as well.  Funny you mention that, prolly the least played role ever and here we both are thinking of it.

Edit:  To avoid confusion, I meant combining the elements of a sneaky Bow user with the support and heals of that playstyle.  In TESO the prevailing thought is that Restoration Staff will make the best healer so in order to get some more support skills it might make more sense to make a Templar that uses a Bow wit hthe sneakyness of Medium Armor.

SUP

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Sneaky thief all the way!

Skyrim took it way overboard with the bonus damage on unsuspected enemies tough, turned the game quite boring when I could 1 hit anyone.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Favorite

Heavy Armor, 2 handed Sword and Destruction.

Heavy Armor Sword and Board and Restoration.

Least Favorite

thief/sneaking and assassin.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I've always went with two builds, one for the fighters guild (Companions in SKyrim) and one for the thieves guild. My Thief usually consists of Sneak, Lockpicking and Speech. Very little focus on combat (which I do put some skill into blades (one hand). My fighter usually consists of Heavy armor, Two-hand and block/parry.

Can't stand mage/magic builds in any game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Sword and board mixing between medium and heavy armors, depending on my opponents.  Definitely some healing magic for solo'ing. 

Second would have to be a sneaky bowman, taking down several kills before they reach me.  Unfortunately, it looks like since ESO is an MMO, enemies will have much higher health in general so quick kills might not be as common.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    In morrowind and oblivion my main character was an all out barbarian like fighter with heavy armor and bit of support. In skyrim I did the sneak thief bow type and then made a maruader axe dual wielding heavy armor type. I'll have to become more familiar with the gameplay considering this will be multiplayer. I tend to enjoy tank like classes in mmos so I might make a heavy armor shield type this go around. Unless the bow sneak type is super overpowered like skyrim that was pretty fun too.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Most Favorite:Dual wield Warrior/Daisy picker/cook (Skyrim), Rogue/Archer (with some sneak, lockpicking, and pickpocket), Mixed Warrior and Magic builds, and my no-killing Bard/Illusionist

Only in Syrim have I really enjoyed playing as a full on Destruction mage

Only in Morrowind did Alteration feel worthwhile because of the magic unlock spell.

Least Favorite: Assassin (backstab and posions), Unarmed Brawler/ Acrobat

Never have liked how potions and poisons where always tucked away in the UI and weren't somesthing you could readily use in realtime combat.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Mage, mage and more mage.

Lightest armour, longest range, hardest hitting spells and SNEAK.

It's fun being unseen artillery and using the terrain to attack from a vantage point that helps you win...

... chosing the battlefield and acheiving surprise is 2/3rds of the battle won already.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

Most Favorite:Dual wield Warrior/Daisy picker/cook (Skyrim), Rogue/Archer (with some sneak, lockpicking, and pickpocket), Mixed Warrior and Magic builds, and my no-killing Bard/Illusionist

Only in Syrim have I really enjoyed playing as a full on Destruction mage

Only in Morrowind did Alteration feel worthwhile because of the magic unlock spell.

Least Favorite: Assassin (backstab and posions), Unarmed Brawler/ Acrobat

Never have liked how potions and poisons where always tucked away in the UI and weren't somesthing you could readily use in realtime combat.

Yeah - I agree. Played LARP for many years, and in the very few clubs/systems that had healing poitions in them, we would always laugh our asses off at people trying to drink one mid-combat.

It is hillariously impossible, you get hit so much while your guard is down you might as well bend over...

They shouldn't really be usable while engaged at melee range, nor whilst running.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've made a fun "hunter" build using conjuring and archery.

Illusion / sneak / 1h / alteration builds are fun too, but end up getting op.

As does any build that powers all 3 crafts.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Mmoguy
    Alteration is useful in skyrim.

But its more useful to rogue types than mages, better magic defence than light armour and you sneak much better too.

For a mage restoration and its wards are better defence though.
  • ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I've made a fun "hunter" build using conjuring and archery.

Illusion / sneak / 1h / alteration builds are fun too, but end up getting op.

As does any build that powers all 3 crafts.

Yea the best and hardest way to play is without any of the crafting proffesions. Alchemy, Smithing and Ennchanting truely are OP.

SUP

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Sneaky thief all the way!

Skyrim took it way overboard with the bonus damage on unsuspected enemies tough, turned the game quite boring when I could 1 hit anyone.

sneaking is even more fun with the sneak tools mod where you can slit peoples necks and stab the hell out of them when they are sleeping lol, the animations look so cool.