Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why am l just now hearing about CU?!

3uchre3uchre Member Posts: 30

a 3 faction RvRvR game from MJ! heck ya, sign me up for a donation.

l read some of the threads around the forums and was surprised that a lot of gamers seem to be against a race/faction locked type of setting.

The benefits to it are well worth it it a large open map or in the heat of battle. l remember in DAoC being able to tell from clip range, not only if a group was the enemy, but also which realm they were from. long before anyone even got into mez range you could usually get a good idea of what kind of group setup they were running. whether it was a push melee group, extension caster group. etc..

From the way every race looked different, even the basic human races. you could tell a Celt from a Brit from a Norse.. even the way they ran, casted, swung a sword, right down to the styles of cloaks. the Mid cloaks came down to a point  V, the Hib cloaks had the small cut out VV, the Albs cloaks were flat  _

l also see people dogging the game for no PvE.. personally, if l want PvE in a MMORPG, l dont have to look very far, and l would most definately have a 2nd game on the side for that purpose.

My big concern is the crafter class. l would hope that it would have an adequate means of some sort of defense for itself so its not just an easy "realm point" target for others. perhaps wears heavy armor or some mild CC abilities, maybe even a nearsight sort of trick up its sleeve.

Best of luck to ya MJ, do your thing as you envision it should be

KS+1

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i guess you havent visited this forum in the past 7 weeks.
  • TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by 3uchre

a 3 faction RvRvR game from MJ! heck ya, sign me up for a donation.

l read some of the threads around the forums and was surprised that a lot of gamers seem to be against a race/faction locked type of setting.

The benefits to it are well worth it it a large open map or in the heat of battle. l remember in DAoC being able to tell from clip range, not only if a group was the enemy, but also which realm they were from. long before anyone even got into mez range you could usually get a good idea of what kind of group setup they were running. whether it was a push melee group, extension caster group. etc..

From the way every race looked different, even the basic human races. you could tell a Celt from a Brit from a Norse.. even the way they ran, casted, swung a sword, right down to the styles of cloaks. the Mid cloaks came down to a point  V, the Hib cloaks had the small cut out VV, the Albs cloaks were flat  _

l also see people dogging the game for no PvE.. personally, if l want PvE in a MMORPG, l dont have to look very far, and l would most definately have a 2nd game on the side for that purpose.

My big concern is the crafter class. l would hope that it would have an adequate means of some sort of defense for itself so its not just an easy "realm point" target for others. perhaps wears heavy armor or some mild CC abilities, maybe even a nearsight sort of trick up its sleeve.

Best of luck to ya MJ, do your thing as you envision it should be

KS+1

Welcome aboard!  You have friends here.

• 3uchre3uchre Member Posts: 30

no, l havent kept up on any forum site for a while.

the games l play always seem to have nothing but complaing in thier official forums.

l guess l always assumed that if a game like this ever came into develpoement, that l would awaken in the middle of the night from a deep sleep with a warm fuzzy feeling that , and somehow l would know...

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Welcome.  Check out the kickstarter comment section for tons of helpful info.  Also the subreddit.  There is an awsome FAQ project here: http://simply-gaming.com/camelot/en/?page_id=1162
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

http://camelotunchainedfaq.wikispaces.com/Camelot+Unchained+FAQ

You can find all information to date here.

Remember to thank Leeka & Saran. Damon too.

Can also join the Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CUUG

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Hope you have friends that share your interest. Spread the word, mate. And welcome :)

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• AkuburaAkubura Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Welcome friend, you will find a great community over on the KS boards! Tell your friends, everyone you know about this game! We need to get this funded! 
  • DaizeddDaizedd Member Posts: 142
    Welcome, and spread the word! We only got 7 days left.

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by muffins89
    i guess you havent visited this forum in the past 7 weeks.

Me personally, I never posted on this site at all, til CU was announced and I found it a few weeks ago. I actually discovered CU by dumb luck, googling DAoC v2, then finding a blog talking about it.

The promotion of CU needs to be ramped up by quite a bit in my opinion. Many still don't know about it. As evident when I played DAoC last night and some of the players, in the alliance I was in had no clue about CU.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• AkuburaAkubura Member UncommonPosts: 16

Wow I'm shocked that the word is not getting out there, we CU day one backers have broke our backs trying to spread the word! That just means we have to try harder tho!

Thank you all for your support, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield! 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well, you just proved the point that a majority of game players don't visit forums./gaming sites and even fewer visit this one.

It's a real challenge to reach folks if they aren't part of the standard communication channels, I have friends who only know about it because I told them about it on our group facebook site, otherwise they likely never would have known.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• 3uchre3uchre Member Posts: 30
    Just went through my bills for next month, and was able to up my pledge quite a bit... i'm not really concerned with the perks and stuff, l just want this to happen.. although now being a part of the alpha will be cool, if it happens..