Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

A Comprehensive Strategy for 0 Hour

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

7 left. A lot can happen in 7 days. According to some lore the universe can be made. According to other lore a week can pass. The question is, what will we do should our worst case scenario happen...lets pretend it's day 1, and were still short on funds.

I'd like to use this thread to come up with a strategy for a last minute push for backers. I shall call it, Operation Rambo Unicorn Camelot Unchained, or RU-CU? for short.

Ideas...go!

(looks below for good ideas)

Comments

• skyexileskyexile MelbournePosts: 692Member

sack up and double your pledge.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by skyexile
    sack up and double your pledge.

I knew the one I wanted and got it on day 1, I simply have no desire for any of the other ones.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Hooksett, NHPosts: 637Member Uncommon

He could be one of those who pledged 500$. YOu don't know.

As for Strategy, all we need do is let the Universe do it's thing. The sun will rise, it will set, and CU will be funded. It is known.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Henderson, NVPosts: 322Member

The problem isn't the amount each backer has pledged.  The problem is the number of backers.

I just hope a wave of information rages over the interwebs and informs all those old DAoC players who are unaware of the project.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• MkilbrideMkilbride Hooksett, NHPosts: 637Member Uncommon

There are 50,000 people who play Dark Age of Camelot, according to EA - 50,000 subscribers that is.

Really wish they'd all chip in least 5-25$.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• redcappredcapp brook, NYPosts: 722Member
    Up your pledge and hope CSE has been saving the best updates for last.  /shrug
  • TigsKCTigsKC Kansas City, MOPosts: 145Member Uncommon

I do not need additional information.  I handed them my wallet a couple weeks back.  But, some are holding out for more class. combat and RvR details.  I think more great updates will bring these folks into the KS over the next week.

I think we will fund without extraordinary interventions from supernatural beings.  However, if we could get the kind of traction on other forums we have here... that would help spread the word a lot. 

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Mkilbride
    There are 50,000 people who play Dark Age of Camelot, according to EA - 50,000 subscribers that is. Really wish they'd all chip in least 5-25$.

WTF where are those DAOCers?

• AkuburaAkubura Alvarado, TXPosts: 16Member

Wow 50.000 thats great, before they took down server stats they were averaging 2000 most nights. Guess thats one good thing about DAOC that I've heard since EA bought them. 

• AkuburaAkubura Alvarado, TXPosts: 16Member
    I'm  sure everyone will up pledges on the last day. I've allready maxxed mine out at 250. I just can't do anymore being unemployed atm. 
  • ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic GrenoblePosts: 222Member

This link may come in handy^^

http://cu-additional-pledge.herokuapp.com/

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite ManilaPosts: 879Member
    Bumping your pledges up is fine and all, but isn't Mark Jacobs trying to reach a target minimum number of backers?
  • ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic GrenoblePosts: 222Member
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Bumping your pledges up is fine and all, but isn't Mark Jacobs trying to reach a target minimum number of backers?

That's true, and that's why the next few updates about RvR will be important. 4k people liked CU on facebook but didn't pledge. Even if you remove the ones included in a guild tier and those that need to wait for paypal, there should still be a large number of potential backer waiting for more details to make a decision.

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon

The only last minute push possible is for Mark to give money to people he knows and trusts and have them donate enough to reach $2 million with the hope that he'll make the money back from the lazy PayPal people who couldn't be bothered to acquire a credit or debit card over the last 2 months. By the time we reach May 2, no forum posts or updates on Kickstarter is going to move people especially since it closes right before noon ET when most people are working or in school.

Instead Mark needs to use the remaining days wisely to refocus his presentation of the game back on the thing that got most people excited about it in the first place: RvR. Just relentlessly promote the RvR, classes, and progression in the game over the next week. Hope that is enough to make fence sitters commit and get skeptical backers like me to feel more positive and up our pledges. Enhancing the $25 through $250 tiers or adding new awesome limited tiers in that range would help too in bringing in new backers and getting more money from people who aren't mega-donors.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

Originally posted by Mkilbride
    There are 50,000 people who play Dark Age of Camelot, according to EA - 50,000 subscribers that is.

Really wish they'd all chip in least 5-25$.

probably enjoying pve progression :P i know many who played DAOC back in the day and hardly did any RvR at all

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Granby, QCPosts: 470Member
    at the moment i'm writing this, if  we'd want KS to fund NOW, ALL backers would have to up their pledge by $67 :P

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• BreezeDMBreezeDM Manchester, CTPosts: 4Member
    Tomorrow someone is going to make a post on reddit and try to get it on the front page. I think that would be the best hope of getting awareness and more backers. 
  • GalidenGaliden Maryville, TNPosts: 12Member
    He needs backers as much as he needs the money. If he can't get more people on board I'm not comfortable with giving more money, and I know he won't be comfortable with 9k backers putting his money into it either. I hope the rvr talks is what everyone is waiting on. It is how he originally got us all excited after all. This and others games like this have to succeed or I see my mmo days coming to an end. The current mmos have no life in them.
  • VosperVosper Mississauga, ONPosts: 57Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Tierless

probably enjoying pve progression :P i know many who played DAOC back in the day and hardly did any RvR at all

That would have been me.

As much as I enjoyed DAoC, I have zero interest in a PvP only MMO, so... no money from me.

That said, I hope CU can make it's goal.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,506Member Uncommon

Already pledged and upped my pledge yesterday.

The real issue is the low number of backers, we are still not at 9000 backers after 25 days! That right there is the core problem.

Without a huge influx of new backers, CU is in trouble. I mean somebody could come in at the last hour and pledge several hundred thousand bucks... But it would be a lot better to have additional 5000 backers donate.

• AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,534Moderator Uncommon

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

This discussion has been closed.