Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite and least favorite.. Elder scrolls Province? Which are you also most excited to see?

DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Favorite thus far: Morrwind: The landscape displayed boith whimsical as well as dark forboding areas. It brought to life visuals I've always imagined in books ever since I was a kid.

Least: Skyrim: Not enough variety, too much snow..

Most Excited to see: Hammerfell I Started playing TES with Morrowind, I've always wanted to visit hammerfell. For some reason I have a thing for desert environments in games. They always tend to my favorite environments.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Comments

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Favorite:Morrowind just loved the style of it.

Least: Skyrim i just didnt love the land as much as i thought i would.

Most excited: Black marsh

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

From what I know of the land my favorite would be Morrowind and my least favorite would be Elsweyr.

I always seem to lose interest  in any game with  areas that are Jungles and Deserts.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Morrowind and Oblivion were 2 of TES games I played to death. I didnt even play Skyrim because of the M rating. What I loved most about TES is the freedom of class design. Being able to design my class as I wanted. There are so many options with ESO game I cant wait to start playing with it. As far as not being able to take TES classes and stick them in a MMO as that would not work with group play. I think they have captured the essence of it. I want to make a Battlemage type class. A tank that does most it his DPS and aggro with spells not melee and also a healer/rogue or healer/bard. I seen one image of a char with what looked like a harp. That kinda got me really excited. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Morrowind and Oblivion were 2 of TES games I played to death. I didnt even play Skyrim because of the M rating.

Um, you should play Skyrim.

It might be a little darker than Oblvion but it has some of that Morrowind weirdness. It's quite an amazing game. There are some darker quest lines but just don't play them.

But some of them match the daedric quest in Oblvion where you go among the faitful of "whoever the daedric being is that prefers the dark" and you "take care" of the missionaries. 

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Morrowind and Oblivion were 2 of TES games I played to death. I didnt even play Skyrim because of the M rating.

It might be a little darker than Oblvion but it has some of that Morrowind weirdness. It's quite an amazing game. There are some darker quest lines but just don't play them.

But some of them match the daedric quest in Oblvion where you go among the faitful of "whoever the daedric being is that prefers the dark" and you "take care" of the missionaries. 

Sounds awesome, but I just wont play any M rated games as a rule.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Morrowind is the one I'm yearning to see.

Also excited for Valenwood / Elsweyr jungles.

The one that least excites me is Cyrodiil, even though there might be a lot of exiting stuff going on there.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I liked the whole viking motif of Skyrim, and the snow, but I really want to see what they do with Morrowind.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

whats wrong with m rating, oblivion should have had a m rating too because of the amount of gore it had especially in the room filled with blood and corpses of some crazy guys work.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by tkreep

whats wrong with m rating, oblivion should have had a m rating too because of the amount of gore it had especially in the room filled with blood and corpses of some crazy guys work.

Its most likely a kid, and his parents don't allow him to play m rated games. Which would be the best parenting I've heard of in recent times...most parents are lazy and then complain when they see the game in action.

As for favorite continent. Probably Elsweyr (love deserts/jungles) and Morrowind (so different)

I'm very interested in seeing what they do with Hammerfell. Least favorite will probably be cyrodil, most boring landmass I ever played in a singleplayer game. It was boring as Elwynn Forest (or any other boring bland "human" starting area that are often in fantasy MMOs).

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Distopia

Favorite thus far: Morrwind: The landscape displayed boith whimsical as well as dark forboding areas. It brought to life visuals I've always imagined in books ever since I was a kid.

Least: Skyrim: Not enough variety, too much snow..

Most Excited to see: Hammerfell I Started playing TES with Morrowind, I've always wanted to visit hammerfell. For some reason I have a thing for desert environments in games. They always tend to my favorite environments.

Favorite: Toss up Between Skyrim or Valenwood.

Worst would be Morrowind and High Rock.

SUP

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Morrowind > Skyrim in almost every area. I own Skyrim and honestly played it for 30 hours and then went back to Morrowind. The world just works where as in SKyrim I felt they went the easy road with snow and mountains ... and more snow.

Originally posted by TheScavenger

Its most likely a kid, and his parents don't allow him to play m rated games. Which would be the best parenting I've heard of in recent times...most parents are lazy and then complain when they see the game in action.

As for favorite continent. Probably Elsweyr (love deserts/jungles) and Morrowind (so different)

I'm very interested in seeing what they do with Hammerfell. Least favorite will probably be cyrodil, most boring landmass I ever played in a singleplayer game. It was boring as Elwynn Forest (or any other boring bland "human" starting area that are often in fantasy MMOs).

40 year old man, married family life. I live by the same rules I make my family live by. Cant tell a kid not to smoke if you smoke.

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70
    Continent?

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    @Nanfoodle: Oblivion is rated M by the ESRB

The ESRB changed the rating on Oblivion less than a year after its release.

http://www.esrb.org/about/news/downloads/oblivion_release_5.3.06.pdf
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

40 year old man, married family life. I live by the same rules I make my family live by. Cant tell a kid not to smoke if you smoke.

ummm oblivion had just as much mature content as skyrim...maybe more. Honestly skyrim seemed way more toned down than previous ES.  And I believe they changed Oblivion to M rated a while ago.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by treelo
    Continent?

Yeah my bad, I realize the continent is Tamriel.. I was going to change it but said F it and went to work instead :).

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I like the alien feel of Morrowind a lot. It could partly be because of the nostalgia I feel when I see it as Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls game.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

ummm oblivion had just as much mature content as skyrim...maybe more. Honestly skyrim seemed way more toned down than previous ES.  And I believe they changed Oblivion to M rated a while ago.

Then again there's the whole decapitation thing in Skyrim, there's none of that type of violence in Oblivion.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

The community makes every mmo M rated.. I guess you will have to pass on TESO..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Morrowind is the one I'm yearning to see.

Also excited for Valenwood / Elsweyr jungles.

The one that least excites me is Cyrodiil, even though there might be a lot of exiting stuff going on there.

As a dedicated one-toon player I am looking forward to seeing EVERYWHERE once I've got everything unlocked...

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by colddog04
    I like the alien feel of Morrowind a lot. It could partly be because of the nostalgia I feel when I see it as Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls game.

Yeah the new island Solstheim in the last Skyrim expansion is all Morrowind-like in the southern area - really took me back, and of course with the better graphics of Skyrim, it looked great.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

From what I know of the land my favorite would be Morrowind and my least favorite would be Elsweyr.

I always seem to lose interest  in any game with  areas that are Jungles and Deserts.

I am inclined to agree. I would however want to see how Bethesda would handle a desert since it would be very different from the recent titles such as Morrowind and so on.

Personally I'd love to see the Summerset Isles. I would love to see bigger and more active cities in The Elder Scrolls which could leave lots to explore.

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103

I am a pretty huge fan of deserts so I would really like to see Redguard territory and ofc Elseweyr.

Least interested I am in Cyrodill, but thats more because of an architectural preference and Cyrodill is medieval style which I ve seen a lot already :)

Also Blackmarsh would be pretty cool to see, not that I like swamps, but exploring it would be neat

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Great ethics (no sarcasm). I myself don't play any violent games of any sort around my son (don't even have the boxes around), but I do indulge after he goes to sleep. Dad gets to be a hypocrit in some cases. image

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I can't wait to see Orsinium.  I've always liked Orcs, and the Orcs in TES lore in particular.  I wonder if Torug GroIgron will be a banned  name lol.