Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Thinks This Game Is Gonna Fail? It Will Be Dead Within 5-7 Years

I wish they made this game with the same game engine used in Skyrim along with improved graphics, the gameplay would be a lot better. 

All PVP is being restricted to Cyrodiil, this is why I don't wanna buy this game. I enjoy an MMO that has world pvp all over the world, not restricted to one region within the world. I enjoy pvp in a variety of envionrments, Tamriel is all grasslands/forests along with some snowey areas near Bruma. I hate a MMO which gives me restrictions on where I can do PVP. 

So they are still sticking with this stupid concept? All PVP limited to Cyrodiil? 

Comments

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Giving any themepark mmo post-wow 5 years is being generous

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171
    5 to 7 years isn't a bad run for a mmo.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by joe2721

I was thinking the same thing when I read the title lol.  A year or less and then F2P is worse, but even then, most P2P to F2P games are making good $$$.

The game doesn't do anything drastically different than WoW or GW2, and like SWTOR it will probably sell quite a few copies on name recognition alone.  After that, who knows?

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175

Seeing as there is a strong indication the fanbase are looking forward to it I seriously doubt it will fail.  Could it?  Sure but I trust those at Zenimax and I trust there instinct in bringing a TES game to the MMO as it will appeal to both MMO gamers and TES fans alike. 

One simple peak at any of the multiple fansites like Tamriel Foundry, TESOF, Shadowed Mare, Troll Scroll and Shoddycast will give you all the knowledge to make a valid judgement that there are plenty of people looking forward to this game.

Don't believe me, thats fine.  Stick to your narrow view and obvious agenda and sit in your basement praying for the game to fail and when it doesn't come back and admit you were wrong. 

SUP

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Personally I think it will sustain itself on the TES franchise title for more than 5 years at least.  They should be able to fix the majority of "issues" with the game (like the lack of raid content).  It will also see a huge revival when it eventually decides to go B2P and then another with F2P.  It might not be thriving in 5-7 years, but I don't see them shutting it down that quickly.

Besides, we don't really know how good the game will be do we?  Should at least try it out before jumping to conclusions.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I don't think it'll be a success in the way Zenimax wants it to be but MMORPG's have a way of scraping and clawing their way through time. Probably do the ol F2P transition with a crappy item store within a year or two.
  • ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Seeing as there is a strong indication the fanbase are looking forward to it I seriously doubt it will fail.  Could it?  Sure but I trust those at Zenimax and I trust there instinct in bringing a TES game to the MMO as it will appeal to both MMO gamers and TES fans alike. 

One simple peak at any of the multiple fansites like Tamriel Foundry, TESOF, Shadowed Mare, Troll Scroll and Shoddycast will give you all the knowledge to make a valid judgement that there are plenty of people looking forward to this game.

Don't believe me, thats fine.  Stick to your narrow view and obvious agenda and sit in your basement praying for the game to fail and when it doesn't come back and admit you were wrong. 

Ohh look I found another ESO fansite that is growing in popularity:  Teso Elite dot com.

SUP

• CitorCitor Member Posts: 8
    The game isn't that bad but yeah nowadays almost all new game has world cross pvp. 
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I don't see what is wrong with limiting pvp to a specific zone.  You enter you know what you are getting into.  Much better than getting ganked in my opinion and I like pvp more than pve
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

It's not enough TES and too much Warhammer from what I've seen.  

I'll be content on waiting for Fallout 4 which was all but announced last week when Bethesda announced no more content for Skyrim as the team had moved on to their next big project... i.e. Fallout 4 if they follow their release trend of the past decade.

Yes, I know it's two different studios making the games.

• Balkin31Balkin31 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    A 5 to 7 year run is a good thing not bad...
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    "if i like it,  it's not a failure"  "if i don't like it,  it's a failure"  - the internet
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    I think every game on the hype meter is going to fail but you don't have to be a MMO guru to know that. You just have to know a few devs and be in a few betas.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Just like SWTOR?

I am looking foward to ESO and am hoping they deliver a good MMO but if a game is crap then the game will be crap no matter the IP popularity or the pre-launch fan base.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by joe2721

Exactly. Another exciting thread. In 5-7 years Ill be drowning in games for the Oculus Rift :-)

http://www.oculusvr.com/

There Is Always Hope!

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Why do you want some games to fail?  Yes I have played some HORRIBLE MMOs (this one game called FURY, i took a piss on the box before i threw it out)  but some games are killed before they have a chance to be fixed.   I did like Tabula Risa, Auto Assault, wanted to try Earth and Beyond, wanted to try the Matrix, got lock out of my NC account when I wanted to pick up CoV. 

I think its sad when some devs try to copy WOW, spend more money on voice acting than the actual game, not switch a game to F2P when it would clearly be the best option for its survival (WAR) or put rediculuosly powerful items in cash shops on F2P.  But I don't the game should be killed off because of my personal opinion of it.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I haven't played any MMO that long so 5-7 years is fine by me.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Imperator101

I wish they made this game with the same game engine used in Skyrim along with improved graphics, the gameplay would be a lot better. 

Lol you already lost me there......

No wonder that expectations arn't realistic anymore with many people....

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

One positive thing going for ESO, is that people are very open about their concerns and expectations about this game. Here is hoping that Zenimax actually reads *some* of that criticism, and doesn't release a game with a non-existant endgame. Push it back a year if you have to. At the end of the day, the simple fact of whether or not your game has longevity at launch, will determine if it has 200k or 2 mil players a year after launch. Don't rush it.

Compare that to other games like TSW, that game didn't have any criticism pre-launch. 90% of the fans on the forums were all overjoyed and 'omg this will be awesome cant wait'. Then it released and people started whining when most of the pre-launch devs had already been released. Obviously they now take ages to get even a simple bugfix out, and things aren't looking good for that game, because they are trying to do things that should have been done pre-launch. Receiving the amount of negative feedback that TESO has is sure to make them take a few extra steps to ensure the game is done properly. Obviously it won't guarantee a perfect game, because you know, greed.

• MKS2007MKS2007 Member Posts: 11
    WOW 5-7 years... how on earth will that be a failure..
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I rarely make it to 5-7 months in an MMO, so I couldn't care less if TESO fails in 5-7 years. If it's fun for the time I play it, it's a success for me.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    7 years would be good going.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Im huge fan of elder scroll solo games but with knowledge ive now so far from teso i seriously doub ill gonne play teso, it's not even closely ressembles TES games. Only lore wise and design maybe but gameplay is totally different from solo games.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    5-7 years sounds like a pretty good run these days, would be a success in my book

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You couldn't have a mmo "exactly like tes"

For a start
    1 how the hell would scaling mob difficulty work in a mmo setting?
    2 it doesnt matter in skyrim that say crafting is massively overpowered, but it would in a mmo.
    3 the UI wouldn't work, its fine being able to pause a single player game to swap spells around or poison weapons. You can't pause a mmo.
    4 sure skyrim looks great (well when you have the hd textures mod), but you couldn't have a mmo looking that great unless it was instanced and phased to hell and back, and then it stops being a mmo imo. E.g. swtor.

Now the game could be more tes like, but you couldn't make a mmo exactly like tes.
This discussion has been closed.