Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the game

dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104

Hello,

I have a doubt about this game. Can anyone who have played this game could tell me if the combat system is like tera? and i mean the same as tera, because i like this game, but  the combat system was i did not like in Tera and if it is like that i think i won't play it.

Thanks

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    similar to Tera where you have no tab target.. its a bit faster than Tera especially at the lower levels.. i enjoy more than Tera overall but if you hate that style you may not like it.. but game is free its better to try for yourself once open beta starts

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    There is no auto-attack similar to Tera, but the combat is definitely not like Tera.   Neverwinter is probably the most fun combat system Ive played with...other than DCUO.

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I was hoping that it was more like  GW2 maybe,. In GW2 you dont have to TAB, it is enough to be in front of a mob and you can attack it. But tera's system is complicate and slow from my point of view.
    Originally posted by dasX82
    I was hoping that it was more like  GW2 maybe,. In GW2 you dont have to TAB, it is enough to be in front of a mob and you can attack it. But tera's system is complicate and slow from my point of view.

its a lot faster than Tera IMHO and very easy to pick up.. although I find Tera combat pretty easy overall at least starting out.. again though just give it a try on the 30th won't cost you a cent 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Originally posted by dasX82

It's similar enough to TERA, and different enough from GW2 that I can confidently say "No, you won't like it." It will be free to play though so unless you have a bandwidth issue there is no reason not to try it for yourself.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Randayn
    There is no auto-attack similar to Tera, but the combat is definitely not like Tera.   Neverwinter is probably the most fun combat system Ive played with...other than DCUO.

Yeah I wish people would stop comparing NW to Tera as far as combat system goes.

Originally posted by Wakygreek

Yeah I wish people would stop comparing NW to Tera as far as combat system goes.

considering Tera was really the only other big MMO that's not a fps or tps relased with the reticle action combat of course comparison will be made

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    The comparison is going to be there, let's face it.  It's similar to TERA's combat, but IMO much better, but yeah, you still swing at enemies you're facing, and you can lift your shield (if you have one), etc.  That's not to say it's exactly like TERA's combat, but it's close.  Fortunately, you don't have to wait til level 20+ in NW to get fast attack speed.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    The combat system depends on what class you are, the rogue is super fast paced, but the great weapon fighter is rather slow.  It's better than Tera imho though.
  • dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Well i'll give it a try then, nothing to lost and i enjoy watching gamplay on youtube about this game I really want to like it because there is not too much to move right now.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

considering Tera was really the only other big MMO that's not a fps or tps relased with the reticle action combat of course comparison will be made

I tend to disagree, there are plent of games out there with no tab targetting action combat. I just think of the ones out there Tera is the last one I would compare it to. Tera's combat and NW are on different sides of the same discussion. But that is my opinion tbh ;)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    So looking forward to this game after watching some gameplay footage. combat looks to be pretty fast and actiony just how I like my games!!! Also like the dungeon crawl focus...
  • ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176

Or RaiderZ and Vindictus.

SUP

Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Tera came out before raiders and Vindictus isn't really a MMO more of a lobby game.. Tera was the first regular style themepark MMO i know of that wasn't a fps or Tps and not a lobby game that had this style of combat

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    RaiderZ wasn't "big" either... which is unfortunate, because I think the combat blows TERA's away.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Tera came out before raiders and Vindictus isn't really a MMO more of a lobby game.. Tera was the first regular style themepark MMO i know of that wasn't a fps or Tps and not a lobby game that had this style of combat

Neverwinter is boarderline MMO-Lobby Game.

Originally posted by HorrorScope

Neverwinter is boarderline MMO-Lobby Game.

NW is nothing like Vindictous, guild wars 1 or any other lobby game.. just because its heavily instanced doesn't make it a lobby game.. many of the zones are pretty damn big and you will see plenty of people traveling around fighting especially the higher zones

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

yeah,. Neverwinter id DEFINITELY not a lobby game...it's got outside and inside zones.

The thing about NW that is better than TERA in a combat perspective is the fast pace and the fact that each attack compliments the other really well.  Tera is very slow as well and you have to wait to watch the animations of each attack....it really doesn't feel that way with Neverwinter.

• ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    RaiderZ wasn't "big" either... which is unfortunate, because I think the combat blows TERA's away.

I liked RaiderZ combat better than Tera's as well, but apparently PWE doesn't give a shit about maintaining RaiderZ. It's been filled with bots, spammers and hackers since Open Beta, and if the admins have made any effort at getting rid of them, it doesn't show. All the apologists there say, "oh, it's free to play, of course it has these things." Well, I've played lots of free to play games that don't, so the only reason I can think of that RaiderZ has them and other games don't, is because the developers either don't care to fix it, or are too incompetent to fix it. 

Uninstalled a long time ago. When it became apparent to me that the developers didn't give a shit about it, neither did I.  

• NyschaNyscha Member Posts: 8

Well we must see a sample gameplay video of the game don't you think? but will definitely waiting for this since it's one of the popular game on this site....

• ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Nyscha

Well we must see a sample gameplay video of the game don't you think? but will definitely waiting for this since it's one of the popular game on this site....

Where have you been? Beta weekends 2 and 3 were extremely easy to get into. 6 more days and the game is out tho. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

They compare it because the controls are similar.

The combat on the other hand feels nothing like TERA. It is much faster and more fun, and the combat feels more fluid. Yes the game still has animation locks, but nothing to the same offputting extent that TERA does.

To me it seems like a hybrid of the best parts of TERA and GW2.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by ranncore

Where have you been? Beta weekends 2 and 3 were extremely easy to get into. 6 more days and the game is out tho. 

Also there is gameplay footage all over the place. I mean, has this person even tried Google or YouTube before commenting?

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by ranncore

Also there is gameplay footage all over the place. I mean, has this person even tried Google or YouTube before commenting?

Your question goes along so well with your avatar lol.

• kaeljaerenkaeljaeren Member UncommonPosts: 20

I have played both NW and Tera. I prefer NW in every aspect. The fact that you have limited amount of hotkeys also add to the fun in my opinion, because you need to change accordingly to the situation, compared to a game lika tera where you can circle through a rotation or just press space when that indicator is up.

I'm absolutely allergic to "The Grind" if I feel that I'm doing the same thing over and over again I start to question what I'm doing with my life. I remember playing WoW, standing on a field waiting for mobs to respawn and thinking: "This is not time well spent." so, yeah, let me plow through my objective and have a sense of progress or I'm out.