Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth play?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

i saw ingame and forum  posts alot of ppls say another crap game

what you think how much ppls will play this game , will be  successful game , and will be  worth play this game?

and will be game p2w?

Comments

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Game is free and quick to download (5gb in total). So i suggest try it out and decide for yourself. You got nothing to lose.
  • Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    i actually really enjoy it. i have been hopping on to many differnent MMO's after leaving SWTOR and could never get into any of the new titles, but Neverwinter did seem like something a tad bit different. The action combat feels fresh and the foundry system will keep the game alive for long after the devs will. i bought the $60 pack and so far think it will be worth it. i suggest giving it a try during open beta.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by davc123

what you think how much ppls will play this game , will be  successful game , and will be  worth play this game?

and will be game p2w?

Judging on the state of the game and response from the beta crowd, neverwinter will be a successful game. Definitely worth a try. The combat is very fun. Game is not p2w.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The best thing I could say is to try it yourself since it's free to download.

If you want to save on network bandwidth then my opinion is that it's a good game with some great features.  The game play itself is kind've hack and slash and dungeon crawling, but the prospects of the Foundry are near limitless when you factor in player creativity and the like.  Just look at games that are all about player involvement such as Minecraft and other sandbox like games (not to imply that Neverwinter is a Sandbox, but rather the foundry portion of it nearly is by definition).

It's probably the first true Dungeons and Dragons (MMO) game to come out in that you can actually become a true Dungeon Master of sorts via the usage of the Foundry and craft worlds / adventures for people to partake in with rulesets you create.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Some of the cash shop items are VERY convienient (bags, mounts, character slots, respec tokens, ect), but not absolutely needed or will make you a great player. 

Try the game for yourself come the 30th and see if you feel like its worth playing.

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157
    It's a free and simple game. No reason not to give it a try and decide for yourself. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Loving the combat system, after the jerky drudgery of DFUW Neverwinter is a refreshing change.

Its the same old mmorpg fare of course, but its nicely done and its free......can't really knock that.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Starting 30th April, the game will be free to play, just try for yourself as its a quick download.

Keep in mind that to check a game out it requires more then the first 2 hours of gameplay

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

It will likely be successful, despite all the negativity Neverwinter might recieve there is the Foundry (even though it is too limited for the true creators of the NWN community , the PW creators) which will likely keep the game going if not the main element that keeps it going.

Neverwinter is based of a much loved and adored IP.  With that you will have rabid fans foaming from the mouth bashing on it because it didn't live up to their expectations.  People like me, I've done a fair amount of bashing and largely due to how I envisioned it something completely different to it's current abomination form.

The game is a fun diablo style hack n slash action game.  If your wanting something true to D&D and grew up on earlier editions of D&D then DDO might be a better cup of tea for ya.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I got a chance to play it at PAX, for a F2P game its very well made. As others have posted above me, I think its safe to say it was a pleasant surprise.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    foundry alone sets this game apart from the rest of the themeparks.. never played a MMO with such a robust dungeon creator that was so well intertwined with the normal questing in the game.. combine that with above average graphics and fun combat makes the game well worth playing.. and its free so why not?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

and will be game p2w?

If you love Tera, maybe. If you love D&D, Neverwinter Nights or anything unique, not a chance.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

and will be game p2w?

If you love Tera, maybe. If you love D&D, Neverwinter Nights or anything unique, not a chance.

Not sure what Tera has to do with his post or D&D for that matter.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

and will be game p2w?

Not sure what Tera has to do with his post or D&D for that matter.

The combat is very Tera like.

Depends on what you enjoy . IF you want deep charater customization you will be disappoionted.

If you want easy jump in and play arcade type gameplay you will like it.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GressGress Member Posts: 12
    tbh, i actually had alot of fun even in the beta , prob gonna repurchase the hero pack, need something to get over defiance with.
  • rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    i hated tera so much....looks like another pass for me ~_~

hallo ~_~

• NyschaNyscha Member Posts: 8

The first thing I'd like to say about it, because I've mentioned that it uses an action combat system and I've also mentioned Perfect World Entertainment, is that Neverwinter is not another RaiderZ. That is to say, it's not a low budget TERA knockoff with a shitty engine and miserable, bug ridden BAM encounters that serve only to highlight how woeful the hit-boxing and collision detection are.

Neverwinter is a big budget triple-A MMO. Its action combat is technically sound, fun to use and doesn't actually ape TERAs in any other way than 'also being an action combat system'. Combat animations are wonderful. Cryptic have packed a lot of detail into a relatively low number of frames, which can look AWFUL (see: Guild Wars 2 when it's not hiding the mess with blurs) but in Neverwinter's case serves to accelerate the pace without affecting readability. 
    The violence is sudden, savage, and there's a real feeling of impact strengthened by the way that dispatched enemies ragdoll with believable force in the direction they were last struck. The sound effects, from steel collisions to screams and roars are of high quality and add much to the goings on as well.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    The game is average.  It's a modest amount of  fun and enjoyment, but you aren't really  missing anything unique or special by giving it a pass.  If you have a game that you like playing, I wouldn't drop that for this because it's going to take a lot of time to really get this going..  I'm level 18 atm and so far, the character I'm playing doesn't really feel like my own... more like just some arcade character that I plugged in a few quarters to play.  It's got Champions Online playstyle, without the Champions Online character system, which I guess kind of defeated the purpose of playing a Cryptic game for me.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

and will be game p2w?

If you love Tera, maybe. If you love D&D, Neverwinter Nights or the ability to create your own towns, quests, etc., definitely

There, fixed it for you.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    peronsally i think the combat is great, but if heavy instancing and quest hubs bother you , ya probably should stear clear of this one, i don't think its awful but i don't think its great either.