Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which race would you like to play?

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    I f I get the game (good possiblitiy) my main will be dunmar, although i'm a altoholic so i'll have multiple toon's of different races.

I wana see all 3 areas with the races they were designed for. I will play the other 2 areas just to do that but only one faction will be my main stay. I love games that have replay value.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by JasonJ

Usually the butthurt are those who bring up the topic of being butthurt...anyway.. we're all gamers here, if you know of a better option for TES style play in MMO format speak up.

Was hoping you would say that, not being a hypocrit I am sure you would then agree that those that usually bring up hate, are the haters. Seeing as how all I did was answer the OPs question, what race I would like to play and adding why...it sure did bring out the hate....to the point where people even demanded to know what other games I play!

Thanks!

PS. Answer your last question many times in other threads only to get more hate from the exact same people who want nothing more than another DaoC game and everyone and everything else be damned. Some people just cant handle opinions without getting all...pissy.

True.. but...Some might assume "pissy" was the desired effect of such quips.

As for the daoc inference. Well this and CU are games inspired by that game, hence the DAOC fans having an interest in it. I can't imagine the case would be different if this game was targetting UO or SWG fans, or OG EQ fans. The fans would have expectations based on what they viewed as essential to what created the experience any of those games were known for. Just look at the pure TES fans they display this behavior as well.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

Usually the butthurt are those who bring up the topic of being butthurt...anyway.. we're all gamers here, if you know of a better option for TES style play in MMO format speak up.

Was hoping you would say that, not being a hypocrit I am sure you would then agree that those that usually bring up hate, are the haters. Seeing as how all I did was answer the OPs question, what race I would like to play and adding why...it sure did bring out the hate....to the point where people even demanded to know what other games I play!

Thanks!

PS. Answer your last question many times in other threads only to get more hate from the exact same people who want nothing more than another DaoC game and everyone and everything else be damned. Some people just cant handle opinions without getting all...pissy.

As for the daoc inference. Well this and CU are games inspired by that game, hence the DAOC fans having an interest in it. I can't imagine the case would be different if this game was targetting UO or SWG fans, or OG EQ fans. The fans would have expectations based on what they viewed as essential to what created the experience any of those games were known for. 

Ya this is truning into a bit of a deam MMO for me. My fav single play RPG is TES and my fav MMO is DAoC and I have been dieing for a MMO to bring back open world dungeons. If they added player housing they could take my money now lol

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Dunmer most probably. Gonna start with a caster this time and this race fits very well into that role.
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

As for the daoc inference. Well this and CU are games inspired by that game, hence the DAOC fans having an interest in it. I can't imagine the case would be different if this game was targetting UO or SWG fans, or OG EQ fans. The fans would have expectations based on what they viewed as essential to what created the experience any of those games were known for.

True, and you know why the word assume starts with those three letters, because thats what a person is for doing it. Rather obvious seeing as how they cant even stand the idea of a person answering in a way that doesnt fit inside their little box.

As for games inspired by DaoC, as you can see by how wonderful CU is doing with its kickstarter, you can plainly see why so many people are disgusted with TES being turned into one...so few people like the design, that the one that isnt using a popular IP to do it cant get enough people to help make it. Goes to show that without the name, this game wouldnt have much a following at all.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Ya this is truning into a bit of a deam MMO for me. My fav single play RPG is TES and my fav MMO is DAoC and I have been dieing for a MMO to bring back open world dungeons. If they added player housing they could take my money now lol

While DAOC isn't my all time favorite MMO it was some of the best PVP I've seen in a game. TES has had some of the best lore, as well as delivery methods of that lore in RPG's past and present. I'm hoping to get some of that here. Not to mention a chance at seeing lands I've yet to see, but have read/heard much about in TES games. Yeah I think this might be a great game all in all. Even considering the absense of TES like freedoms.

That said, I do have to say on topic my first alt will be redguard.

True, and you know why the word assume starts with those three letters, because thats what a person is for doing it. Rather obvious seeing as how they cant even stand the idea of a person answering in a way that doesnt fit inside their little box.

As for games inspired by DaoC, as you can see by how wonderful CU is doing with its kickstarter, you can plainly see why so many people are disgusted with TES being turned into one...so few people like the design, that the one that isnt using a popular IP to do it cant get enough people to help make it. Goes to show that without the name, this game wouldnt have much a following at all.

Well to be fair CSE did start a kickstarter with little to back up the vision being sold. Not to mention the absense of the entire second half of what made up DAOC (the PVE). I know MJ plans to have certain PVE elements, but they are not what were available in DAOC.

I can't really agree that absent TEs this game would automatically have no following. That's something we can not possibly know.

Well to be fair CSE did start a kickstarter with little to back up the vision being sold. Not to mention the absense of the entire second half of what made up DAOC (the PVE). I know MJ plans to have certain PVE elements, but they are not what were available in DAOC.

I can't really agree that absent TEs this game would automatically have no following. That's something we can not possibly know.

Im a DAoC fan and I am not paying to develop a game that I dont even have game play footage for. With no PvE as a MMOer CU does not hold much of a chance of getting my money even if the game comes out and does well. I loved DAoC RvR but I also loved their PvE. But I am getting off topic. 

I really wana play an elf but I dont think my wife will like the Darkelves very much as she likes things to be also purdy. So It will most likely be woodelves or highelves.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Distopia
    Yeah its weird but it seems to be mostly rabid gw2 fanbois that really really hate daoc, and start Trolling all over cu, daoc and TESO threads.

I understand people who hate TESO for not "being tes", whatever that is. I have massive concerns myself that we are in for yet another round of wow style pve. I get there's people that thought it would play like uo or vanguard or whatever, I myself thought it would play like tes in the inner game and eve in its multiplayer aspects.

But the people who also go troll daoc, its probably an inferiority complex thing.

Afterall gw2 is to daoc as wow is to EQ
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Me to Nanfoodle
    I like daoc, I haven't backed cu as no demo
    I like elite, I haven't backed elite 4 as no demo
    I like terraria, I HAVE backed starbound as it has a ton of demos and a comprehensive roadmap.
  • DarthIxidorDarthIxidor Member Posts: 16
    Breton, always a Breton. Though Dark Elves would be fantastic if they ever fixed the models. D.E.'s always look like derps IMO even in morrowind where they should have been the best designed.
    @ Shaky I've noticed that as well.. and it is odd.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

DaoC, as you can see by how wonderful CU is doing with its kickstarter, you can plainly see why so many people are disgusted with TES being turned into one...so few people like the design, that the one that isnt using a popular IP to do it cant get enough people to help make it. Goes to show that without the name, this game wouldnt have much a following at all.

Actually I fully attribute CU not meeting its mark due to Jacobs, I was actually saying that in a thread this morning. It should have funded, would have if Jacobs put into selling it what Garriott put into selling Shroud. Anyway, I said "few" like the design, never said this game would have NO following at all, just little. It has its spotlight only because of the name and gets the attention it gets due to the millions of TES fans from the IP. Its something that was touched on by Zenimax at PAX and given for the reason for adding 1st person and opening other faction lands for questing at lvl 50, to quell TES fan anger. They said it, its real. And if they fail to bring in those millions of fans, it wont meet the corporate level expectations and the games future will suffer for it like it does with every game.

So yeah, this is my last post in this thread since its going off topic just because I answered the OPs question and the hardcores cant handle a different opinion so they feel the need to character assassinate. The haters can stop now, this lover of TES will move on.

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135
    I play a skyrim !!  

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

DaoC, as you can see by how wonderful CU is doing with its kickstarter, you can plainly see why so many people are disgusted with TES being turned into one...so few people like the design, that the one that isnt using a popular IP to do it cant get enough people to help make it. Goes to show that without the name, this game wouldnt have much a following at all.

Actually I fully attribute CU not meeting its mark due to Jacobs, I was actually saying that in a thread this morning. It should have funded, would have if Jacobs put into selling it what Garriott put into selling Shroud. Anyway, I said "few" like the design, never said this game would have NO following at all, just little. It has its spotlight only because of the name and gets the attention it gets due to the millions of TES fans from the IP. Its something that was touched on by Zenimax at PAX and given for the reason for adding 1st person and opening other faction lands for questing at lvl 50, to quell TES fan anger. They said it, its real. And if they fail to bring in those millions of fans, it wont meet the corporate level expectations and the games future will suffer for it like it does with every game.

So yeah, this is my last post in this thread since its going off topic just because I answered the OPs question and the hardcores cant handle a different opinion so they feel the need to character assassinate. The haters can stop now, this lover of TES will move on.

Look at all the posts in this thread before yours. Then look at yours. Notice any off-topic editorial comments about faction lock or similarity to TES single player games before yours? Everyone else was on topic.

The word of the day today is:

Gratuitous: Not called for by the circumstances; uncalled-for; without reason, cause, or proof; adopted or asserted without any good ground; unjustified.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Piiritus
    Dunmer most probably. Gonna start with a caster this time and this race fits very well into that role.

That is one cool thing, any race can learn any skill/class.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Usually play Nord, so I'll stick with that :)

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Distopia
    Yeah its weird but it seems to be mostly rabid gw2 fanbois that really really hate daoc, and start Trolling all over cu, daoc and TESO threads.

I understand people who hate TESO for not "being tes", whatever that is. I have massive concerns myself that we are in for yet another round of wow style pve. I get there's people that thought it would play like uo or vanguard or whatever, I myself thought it would play like tes in the inner game and eve in its multiplayer aspects.

But the people who also go troll daoc, its probably an inferiority complex thing.

Afterall gw2 is to daoc as wow is to EQ

Meh, I like GW2, but I'm not into the whole WvW thing at all as a PvP platform. I also started playing EQ 1999 occasionally with a friend and it's pretty horrible and so I prefer WoW over that as well. We basically just have a good time observing the ancient ways of EQ that "old schoolers" seem to worship. I also remember playing way back then for a few months and I didn't think it was that good then either.

It seems like a lot of people on this site like to put people in these nice little boxes. You don't like zergy RvR style PvP and prefer more controlled environments where skill and competition is paramount? You have an inferiority complex! Pretty ridiculous.

More on topic, it looks like Ebonheart Pact is starting to pull away.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I guessing gw2

Then PM me and find out, the butthurt here started quick just from answering the OPs question, if I answered, these guys wouldnt be able to sit for a week because someone isnt trapped in the same box as they are.

Usually the butthurt are those who bring up the topic of being butthurt...anyway.. we're all gamers here, if you know of a better option for a TES style of play in MMO format speak up.

Unfortunately, for the 'hater haters', criticising something and then suggesting alternatives is still 'hating'...

... apparently...

Anyway - I'm going Argonian, and when I stand on High Rock grinning my lipless grin, I will be thinking satisfied cold blooded thoughts about the fact I am able to be there... free... to explore...

Hardly any point being a lizard if you can't go and creep out the soft-skins in their nests is there?

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Piiritus

That is one cool thing, any race can learn any skill/class.

I know that any race can learn any skills but dark elf just looks good, especially when mastering conjurationd and destruction magic :) 

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103
    I usually play Imperials, so with that not available I'll probably play Khajiit. Then Argonian, then Redguard or Breton.
    As of 133 votes, the Ebonheart Pact has ~67% more people than the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by colddog04
    As of 133 votes, the Ebonheart Pact has ~67% more people than the Aldmeri Dominion.

Pre-game polls have never accurately described the end result.

Let's take the most recent, Planetside 2. Which was supposed to (according to average of polls) be 45% TR, 35% NC, 20% Vanu. The game's actual averages are around 33/33/33.

Originally posted by Neherun
    Originally posted by colddog04

Pre-game polls have never accurately described the end result.

Let's take the most recent, Planetside 2. Which was supposed to (according to average of polls) be 45% TR, 35% NC, 20% Vanu. The game's actual averages are around 33/33/33.

While it's probably true that pre-release polls don't accurately represent imbalances that will exist after the game releases, the other stuff you are saying isn't correct.

Here are the servers in Planetside 2:

Matherson

Vanu: 38%

TR: 27%

NC: 35%

Ceres

Vanu: 32%

TR: 30%

NC: 38%

Helios

Vanu: 35%

TR: 20%

NC: 45%

Some of those imbalances are pretty huge. I'm not sure where you got the 33/33/33 number. Even at prime time there are always population imbalances in the game. Also, do you remember where you saw a poll that had that wide a margin pregame? I was unable to find it while looking for it. I did find these though:

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?7015-Poll-Planetside-2-Faction-Preferences

http://www.forsakengamers.com/forum/post/last/m/3920669/viewthread/3899049-planetside-2-faction-choice

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.377434-Poll-Planetside-2-What-Faction-are-you

The third one semi-shows what you are talking about except the numbers are much closer (and actually mirror the reality on some servers).

• Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112

ive always had a dunmer as a main.

sadly i will not, in TESO.

EP is too overpopulated. and usually the overpopulated side sucks in RvR.

ill prolly go DC. and make my nightblade a redguard or something.