Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sandbox that is no a gankfast

drakesevendrakeseven Member UncommonPosts: 4
Someone can recommend me a sandbox without gankfest PVP. I'm tired of EVE.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I do not think there is one.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    There's ryzom(or maybe ultima, but never played that one so not sure myself), but most go for the full loot pvp gankfest model tbh.  There are some in the works that may do, but since they're in the works u can't be too certain as to how they'll end up.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Uo
    Wakfu
    Perpetuum (sort of, its pvp driven, simmilar to eve, but instead of hisec it has 100% pve areas)
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I bet you have been doing alliance PVP in EVE only, yes, those are gank fests.

Unless:
    -you join real pvp alliances which like to fight outnumbered and win (yes, they are there and I am luckily part of it)
    -you could have done lowsec pvp and pick your fights.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    isn't ganking and that type of behavior what makes a sandbox?  I'm sure I read here somewhere that if the game didn't have a way for one person to ruin someone else's enjoyment, that it wasn't a sandbox.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Well you can have economy problems with a pvp free sandbox. Whales hoarding everything and what have you.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Ryzom

Istaria

Wakfu

Fallen Earth possibly

Age of Wushu possibly

Should point out wakfu does have ffa pvp. But you can avoid it by not going where its flagged, its simmilar to post trammel uo in that regard.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Because as soon as there are gaming mechanismes in place to prevent or punish ganking, its no longer considered a sandbox by the SB crew.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

RL warfare is usually 'ganking' of 1 side in the conflict, in games sandboxes allow it otherwise they are indeed fixed matches.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Sadly many fans think that a sandbox is = the ability to easily grief other players.
  • dalewjdalewj Member UncommonPosts: 94
    if your willing to put up with a growing MMO try www.afterworld.ru.  Its been around for 7 years and jsut went thru a new engine change and is still in the growing phase.   Decent but small community.

HomePage/Gaming Blog - http://dalewj.com . MMORPGer - Current game: http://AfterWorld.ru .
    Author of Diaries of Afterworld- http://www.jconsult.com/afterworld and the Outside Sci-Fi series- http://www.jconsult.com/outside

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Sadly many fans think that a sandbox is = the ability to easily grief other players.

Why I would never! Sandbox obviously = ability to easily grief other players AND take their shit.

Get your facts straight.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• TkyleTkyle Member UncommonPosts: 33

Why is it when someone talks about a sandbox it always turns into a PvP post? When you look up Sandbox this is what it is, not just pvp.

An open world is a type of video game level design where a player can roam freely through a virtual world and is given considerable freedom in choosing how or when to approach objectives.[1] The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".[2][3] "Open world" and "free-roaming" suggest the absence of artificial barriers,[4] in contrast to the invisible walls and loading screens that are common in linear level designs. An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox", the player has tools to modify the world themselves and create how they play.[5] Generally open world games still enforce some restrictions in the game environment, either due to absolute technical limitations or in-game limitations (such as locked areas) imposed by a game's linearity.

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I suggest you vanguard saga of heroes... you can try for free
    Originally posted by Tkyle

Why is it when someone talks about a sandbox it always turns into a PvP post? When you look up Sandbox this is what it is, not just pvp.

Because a modern MMO has PVE+PVP in it -players will always ask for pvp if it's not in the game, look at EQ2 after launch- and the main problem with sandboxes with PVP is the fact that players accept the benefits, not the downsides -getting ganked at inconvenient moments- .

• TkyleTkyle Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Muke

Because a modern MMO has PVE+PVP in it -players will always ask for pvp if it's not in the game, look at EQ2 after launch- and the main problem with sandboxes with PVP is the fact that players accept the benefits, not the downsides -getting ganked at inconvenient moments- .

Wasn't SWG's a sandbox and somehow avoided the whole gank mess? If I remember, it had nice pvp in it but without worrying about that. You was able to choose when and how you wanted to pvp. Just can't see why every sandbox now has to be forced pvp, there are other options.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Yea, SWG had the best way of dealing with PvP. There were still large scale crazy battles but unless you were flagged you didn't get ganked.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    PvP flagging is only implemented for mmo's that are originally designed for PvE...

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    isn't ganking and that type of behavior what makes a sandbox?  I'm sure I read here somewhere that if the game didn't have a way for one person to ruin someone else's enjoyment, that it wasn't a sandbox.

haha so very true

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by eyelolled

haha so very true

This is total BS!

Sandbox has nothing to do with open world pvp or ganking. And many people misuse the word gank and do not know its actual meaning. 2 very bad misconceptions people hear on these forums.

In actuality many sandbox games have very limited pvp, some dont have pvp at all. PVP and ganking has nothing to do with what a sandbox truely is.

Example of a sandbox not having any pvp whatsoever : a tale from the desert

I would give more examples but its kind of hard to educate people that have no clue what a sandbox is about or the actual meaning of gank/ganked/ganking.

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I don't know if this has been suggested but Wurm Online has quite a few PVE servers.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Muke

Wasn't SWG's a sandbox and somehow avoided the whole gank mess? If I remember, it had nice pvp in it but without worrying about that. You was able to choose when and how you wanted to pvp. Just can't see why every sandbox now has to be forced pvp, there are other options.

For the most part after TEF's, out in the world when TEF's existed you could place faction sensors, which made you overt (attackable) many a gank was handled this way in faction cities, mostly on noobs, who didn't realize they existed. Also if you attacked a faction NPC it made you attackable to players. Or if you were grouped with a person who did.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson