Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Blade Advertisements Misleading?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Many people are worked up into a lather about the ads and the game.  I originally thought this was a spoof of sexualized video games and didnt realize it was an actual game.  But lets face it, these ads work!  Look at how many threads there are on this game.  Successful advertising campaign!   

As for the game, I havent played it but seen videos.  Your review seems to reflect what I have seen in the videos.  Most anticipated MMOPG is just funny, come one guys, need to laugh here.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Nipples ?
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Most anticipated? Not really, but for a F2P game it's actually quite fun. I have a lvl 24 shadow walker, and  lvl 15ish medic.  But again I really don't care about awesome graphic's as long as the gameplay is fun for me. Plus I play as a break from my normal game's I play. I do find it rather ammusing people have problem's with how much sexualised the chr model's are when they seem to have no objection to the violence of game's like grand theft auto.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    If you were creating an ad banner for your game would you put "Another recycled mediocre game with breasts!" or "2013's Most Anticipated Game!"  The Anticipation in the banner is the producers anticipating a return on investment.  I'm pretty sure that's what they anticipate most.

I've played AoC also, and like you say the sex appeal isn't gonna hold a player for long.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

All advertisments are misleading. How many times do you see a commerical for a movie thats "the #1 movie" and then see another commercial stating a different movie is the #1 movie...

How about Tera and its "best action combat" crap...thats an opinion being given, one that I would argue is very wrong because its a watered down Vindictus which had far more action because it didnt root you in place while casting, thus was faster, and thus had more "action".

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    I've played AoC also, and like you say the sex appeal isn't gonna hold a player for long.

Of course not, which is what I'm trying to figure out how "the most anticipated game of 2013" is going to hold onto their customers with sex appeal alone.

While they do claim it's "the most anticipated" they don't say who is anticipating it, that's the key. If they's have said  "the most anticipated game of 2013 by mmo gamers around the world" then you'd have a point.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    It's like most ads.  Out of all the dentists in the world, do 3 out of 4 really recommend Colgate over Crest?  Probably not.  But if they pick 4 dentists and have 3 of them recommend Colgate then they can say it.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Siris23

Of course not, which is what I'm trying to figure out how "the most anticipated game of 2013" is going to hold onto their customers with sex appeal alone.

While they do claim it's "the most anticipated" they don't say who is anticipating it, that's the key. If they's have said  "the most anticipated game of 2013 by mmo gamers around the world" then you'd have a point.

They could even get away with that.  Say they pick 10 gamers from a bunch of different countries that they know want to play SB and ask them that question.  Legit.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by JasonJ

All advertisments are misleading. How many times do you see a commerical for a movie thats "the #1 movie" and then see another commercial stating a different movie is the #1 movie...

How about Tera and its "best action combat" crap...thats an opinion being given, one that I would argue is very wrong because its a watered down Vindictus which had far more action because it didnt root you in place while casting, thus was faster, and thus had more "action".

I believe Tera is better than Vindicuts combat wise. While I understand there are a few classes that root you into place. There are many more classes to choose and play from that don't require being rooted.  Even Vindictus had characters that were rooted into place when they did certain skills.

So. To YOU, the advert wasnt a lie...to others it was.

Congrats, you just learned marketting stratgies first rule on how to get away with what you say.

Who know's maybe I should stop by the strip club's in my neighborhood and see if they have scarlet blade advertisement's lol, now wouldn't that be a new low.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I fnd it weird how hard people try to get anything about this game removed from the site.  I now seem to read these posts just to see what new and crazy logic people are going to try next to justify being messed up when it comes to sex.
  • RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829
    The advertising is misleading because it does not refer to this game as "the #1 fappinest MMO ever".
  • melenonemelenone Member Posts: 25
    We are giving this bad game way to much attention and threads lol....just let it die and go away .:)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I fnd it weird how hard people try to get anything about this game removed from the site.  I now seem to read these posts just to see what new and crazy logic people are going to try next to justify being messed up when it comes to sex.

I do the same - it's the only entertainment provided on the forum lately.

About the game itself: Yes it has nothing new to offer but their way of copying old elements is quite solid.

If only pvp had a bigger meaning than going into the battle zone - tab target and shoot - hope to kill someone before someone tab targets you.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    It's no more misleading than commercials saying their product is the best/most affordable/blablabla. If someone says it's their most anticipated game of 2013 then it is, you may not agree with that but that's irrelevant.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Don't care if it has stuff that might have been in games for ages; if I like to play that game and the engine runs it just fine it's fine by me.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ToodlesToodles Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by flizzer

Many people are worked up into a lather about the ads and the game.  I originally thought this was a spoof of sexualized video games and didnt realize it was an actual game.  But lets face it, these ads work!  Look at how many threads there are on this game.  Successful advertising campaign!   

As for the game, I havent played it but seen videos.  Your review seems to reflect what I have seen in the videos.  Most anticipated MMOPG is just funny, come one guys, need to laugh here.

You've clearly never taken a marketing class. There is such thing as 'bad' publicity. The many threads being created about this shitty game are indeed that, bad publicity. The fact MMORPG continues to whore themselves out with this ad space is pathetic and says just how far down MMORPG has come from what it once was.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

the purpose of an f2p game made by studios like aeriagames and gamescampus isn't to be a great mmo, its to leech money off people for as long as possible.

they did however put some work into it, this game is one of the few that i actually found myself reading the quest text, a good 75% of it was hilarious. maybe it was cause it was adult themed humour instead of the usual dribble in other games.

everything advertises that its the best thing since sliced bread. no one calls that false advertising. cause no one takes them seriously with statements like that. you and everyone else knew exactly what this game would be like(or should have) when you saw they were selling it on purely sex appeal.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!