Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: What is the abbrevation for "Tri-Realm"?

meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
In DAOC, we had "RvR". In GW 2 "WvW". In TESO it will be "AvA". So what will we shorten "Tri-Realm" to if CU funds? "TR"? "Tri-R"? "3R"? "Tri"? Any other ideas?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Since ten years ago Tri-Realm has always been RvRvR there is your free tidbit for the day bub.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Since ten years ago Tri-Realm has always been RvRvR there is your free tidbit for the day bub.

You mean 12 years ago and yes I played DAOC too. But it will be called Tri-Realm in CU and we'll end up abbreviating that when referring to it so as not to confuse people who didn't play DAOC just like we'll call the realms by their CU names instead of Albs, Mids, and Hibs. Well I still might call TDD "Hibs" because "TDD" is meh. ;)

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    RvR

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95

What's wrong with 'TriRealm RvR'?

Or do we HAVE to save on letters so it fits in a Tweet?

Anyhoo, DAoC is TriRealm RvR and everyone just calls it RvR.

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Mortify

What's wrong with 'TriRealm RvR'?

Or do we HAVE to save on letters so it fits in a Tweet?

Anyhoo, DAoC isTriRealm RvR and everyone just calls it RvR.

DAoC is simply RvR. If not, they trademarked the wrong term. Drop them a line and let them know.

;)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    I like Tri-R personally. But knowing our pension for reduction, I would guess 3R, or R^3

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by meddyck

You mean 12 years ago and yes I played DAOC too. But it will be called Tri-Realm in CU and we'll end up abbreviating that when referring to it so as not to confuse people who didn't play DAOC just like we'll call the realms by their CU names instead of Albs, Mids, and Hibs. Well I still might call TDD "Hibs" because "TDD" is meh. ;)

I'll still call it RvRvR no need for new terminology when the masses already know this imo.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

I'll still call it RvRvR no need for new terminology when the masses already know this imo.

TBH I've never seen anybody call it "RvRvR" before. It's always just "RvR".

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100

Officially they may have to call it Tri-Realm... but I'll forever call it RvR.

No need to reinvent the wheel here.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by NegativeX

Exactly, just call it RvR. Who cares about EA anyway?

They can trademark it all they want but they can't stop the players from using it. So let's just call it what it is, RvR.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

TBH I've never seen anybody call it "RvRvR" before. It's always just "RvR".

First time I've heard "RvR" being referenced as "RvRvR" - That seems like a cheap ripoff of "WvWvW"

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by DMKano

In Game of Thrones its House vs House vs House vs House vs House etc....

RvR - can't get any simpler than that.

In Game of Thrones, the fighting between the house's IS the Game of Thrones.

With regards to the OP, maybe you should wait and see if there is actually a need for an abbreviation....

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

They can trademark it all they want but they can't stop the players from using it. So let's just call it what it is, RvR.

Precisely, it's rvr, it's always going to be rvr.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Precisely, it's rvr, it's always going to be rvr.

I tend to think this is correct, but it might still be called "tri-duck."

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    RvRvR is too long imo.  Something shorter like X3
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Hmm well yeah you're right. That works for me. :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

3-way?

char...

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    CSE will continue to refer to it as Tri-Realm, no abbreviation necessary.  The community will still use 'RvR'. ;)
  • AkuburaAkubura Member UncommonPosts: 16
    RvR, my mind can never call it anything else, just like the three realms are going to be Alb,Mid and Hib no matter what they are called.