Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Review In Progress #1

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    There's no actual sand in this box. Great concepts though but feels old school in all the wrong ways too.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    "changing the video settings results in a crash"

actually it just freezes for a long time, its stupid but have some patience ;p

also wtf. launch was completely solid. took ages to download yes, but servers didnt crash or have any problems at launch, so its better than pretty much every other mmo launch.

My blog: image

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    There's no actual sand in this box. Great concepts though but feels old school in all the wrong ways too.

This is why I am a fan of themeparks and hate sandbox games.  I have never once found any real sand in the box.  I mean come on, I paid $60 for the game and when I open it up...nothing.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    You wouldn't need multiple accounts if they added multiple character slots per account.  Maybe they will stop being greedy after they realize their re-launch worked to gain them significantly more subs.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    You wouldn't need multiple accounts if they added multiple character slots per account.  Maybe they will stop being greedy after they realize their re-launch worked to gain them significantly more subs.

One of the best features of the game is the one character per account.  You can and will create a name for yourself...for the good or bad.  Your actions could cause long term consequences as well.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    After having played df1 for a year or so, it simply doesn't sound like they changed much, except superficially.
  • attckdogattckdog Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by arbacus

My impressions after a week of play

game is full of multiboxers for shared crafting accounts and p2win rmt traders otherwise i loved the crafting/gathering

A week of play isn't a good look at an MMO. Period. That's true for any MMO

Claiming that there are nothing but multiboxers and Pay to win stuff is so incredibly false I had to find my login and password to point it out. 

There are absoultly people with more than one account. I myself have 2. Have I even logged into the other account Nope. I haven't the found a good enough reason to do so. Why give away the Prowess gains to an alt??? Play the game a bit more before claiming something like that. 

What's this about Pay to win. You cannot buy anything with real cash. There isn't even Micro transaction to do so? Are you confused? If there is a black market of some sort that is 100% agianst the ToS and is going to get people banned. Not to many people would risk getting their charactor banned. This isn't like other MMO's where you can make countless alts. 1 character per server. You get banned you get your name added to a very public list with all information posted including your clan. 

TL;DR: Don't listen to anyone with a 1 week experience in MMO's....

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Anyone who doesn't understand why DFUW is 1 character per account doesn't understand the importance of accountability in an open-PvP, full-loot game.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• arbacusarbacus Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by tomwodi
    @Arbacus
    pay2win? Lol dude...

So you are mad with the game couze someone can buy 2 acounts? ROFL

Say that the game is "just grind" and "p2w" is just lie... You dont know the mean of the word... Try hard dude.

how is buying 2 accounts not pay to win you are paying for an advantage in darkfall having more than 1 account substansially increases your recource acquisition allowing for faster progression more fodder gear basicaly puts you in a whole different league from someone ho only bought 1 account

just because im sharing my experience and it is a negative one does not mean im some kind of angry troll it means i just did not like the game and would share why so that maybe it could do some good saving someone who shares my views some money or maybe help future developers learn from mistakes

grinding isnt a problem i have played 100s of real life days in grinding games i even dont mind the gathering in the game but the feat system in this game is silly its clunky in how it clashes with group play knowing the levelign path for the feat system that is most efficient is the difference between 55k in 2 days and  4 weeks regardless of player ability what kind of launch is that? 2 days into a launch and players who knew the game had this much advantage over those who are new? i have played a lot of mmos and this is ludicrous i have been outleveld before but never this horribly this fast simply bad design not just bad its horrible. 

@Arbacus
    pay2win? Lol dude...

Say that the game is "just grind" and "p2w" is just lie... You dont know the mean of the word... Try hard dude.

how is buying 2 accounts not pay to win you are paying for an advantage in darkfall having more than 1 account substansially increases your recource acquisition allowing for faster progression more fodder gear basicaly puts you in a whole different league from someone ho only bought 1 account

just because im sharing my experience and it is a negative one does not mean im some kind of angry troll it means i just did not like the game and would share why so that maybe it could do some good saving someone who shares my views some money or maybe help future developers learn from mistakes

grinding isnt a problem i have played 100s of real life days in grinding games i even dont mind the gathering in the game but the feat system in this game is silly its clunky in how it clashes with group play knowing the levelign path for the feat system that is most efficient is the difference between 55k in 2 days and  4 weeks regardless of player ability what kind of launch is that? 2 days into a launch and players who knew the game had this much advantage over those who are new? i have played a lot of mmos and this is ludicrous i have been outleveld before but never this horribly this fast simply bad design not just bad its horrible. 

Are you playing with a clan?

Did you play DF1 extensively?

Did you play the DFUW beta extensively?

How many hours a day have you been playing?

Have you ever tried using a harvesting alt?

Serious questions, please answer

Originally posted by Uzik
    @Arbacus
    pay2win? Lol dude...

i was playing in a clan

i did not play df1 at all

i played december beta until archeage beta which started jan 2

10-15 hours a day

no i havnt i harvested myself

@Arbacus
    pay2win? Lol dude...

Buying 2 accounts is not pay to win.  It does help AV though.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I'm loving it so far. Their engine needs tweaking though, it sucks and makes the game feel a little clunky. Also regional auction houses would be a great addition to stimulate trade.

The character progression is addictive, the world is vast, open and gorgeous. The combat takes some getting used to and is negatively affected by the crappy engine (getting mini freezes during combat, while shooting at a moving target sucks).

If you have an above average PC and enjoy old school sandboxy MMOs with lots of crafting and full loot PvP, this is the game for you.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    this game is for diferent folks i guess coz i just could not get into it at all

hallo ~_~

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Darkfail again? sorry i still pass, even seeing the reactions of the people towards Arbacus make me think of a whole kid hole again. Even if the game has became a bit better now its going to be less than #"$"$# in 2 months.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

@Arbacus
    pay2win? Lol dude...

i was playing in a clan

10-15 hours a day

I call complete BS on your "review" then.

Why?

1)  If you play with people you can easily make more than 500 prowess an hour

2) If you yourself haven't spent time harvesting then you have no idea how inefficient safezone harvesting is, and how likely you are to be attacked when farming outside of safezones.

3) You have no concept of how much planning certain guilds put into DFUW release.  Of course they are going to have a huge advantage.

4) You say you have 15k prowess, yet you are constantly getting jumped by people with more prowess.  15k prowess is above average right now.  Some guilds have people leveled way up, but they are all off farming the highest tier monsters and you would not be running into them.

5) Your general level of complaining makes it apparent that you are not used to open-PvP, full-loot games.  You do not belong in Darkfall.  Sorry.

6) I would wager someone with half the prowess you have could easily kill you.  In fact, I would be more than happy to do that on my harvesting alt.  Prowess means a lot less than gear level, and currently the best way to get resources for gear is PvE and salvaging, not harvesting.

Darkfall is NOT for everyone.  You will find people with better stuff than you, better character than you, better playing ability than you, better group coordination than you, etc.

You have to learn to deal with.  Either get better, accept your place in life, or leave the game.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I unsubbed today... 15euros per month for crashes,lags, ping? no thanks
    @Arbacus
    pay2win? Lol dude...

i was playing in a clan

10-15 hours a day

I call complete BS on your "review" then.

Why?

1)  If you play with people you can easily make more than 500 prowess an hour

2) If you yourself haven't spent time harvesting then you have no idea how inefficient safezone harvesting is, and how likely you are to be attacked when farming outside of safezones.

3) You have no concept of how much planning certain guilds put into DFUW release.  Of course they are going to have a huge advantage.

4) You say you have 15k prowess, yet you are constantly getting jumped by people with more prowess.  15k prowess is above average right now.  Some guilds have people leveled way up, but they are all off farming the highest tier monsters and you would not be running into them.

5) Your general level of complaining makes it apparent that you are not used to open-PvP, full-loot games.  You do not belong in Darkfall.  Sorry.

6) I would wager someone with half the prowess you have could easily kill you.  In fact, I would be more than happy to do that on my harvesting alt.  Prowess means a lot less than gear level, and currently the best way to get resources for gear is PvE and salvaging, not harvesting.

Darkfall is NOT for everyone.  You will find people with better stuff than you, better character than you, better playing ability than you, better group coordination than you, etc.

You have to learn to deal with.  Either get better, accept your place in life, or leave the game.

nice reading comprehension.... read what you want to see just scip over key words that change the entire meaning of what i said i didnt salvage i put all that in my guild bank maybe i missed something there

i did lots of harvesting i did all the harvesting for myself i spent half my game time harvesting lol

i did play with people they didtn seem to have any better idea than i could by reading public forums of what to do why should it even matter this is supposed to be a sand box game not a linear game there should nto be a supreme best all powerful leveling path how stupid is that in a "sandbox" whichi s why i did not put the time into beta to learn soemthing i did not think existed

i had 16-17k prowesse i dont know i cant even check i uninstalled yesterday

i didnt run into anyone that attacked me and was higher prowesse than me actually i dont recall saying i did i just got reports form guildmates that they existed

ive spent more time in open world pvp games than any other type of game so i am very used to them as far as full loot im new to the concept but i dont recall that being a complaint in my post you just brought tha tout of nowhere iv eplayed partial loot games but only limited time spent in full loot games

kill me easily? no i got away every single fight but 1 that i fled from in that my computer did not crash at some poitn durring the battle

tho im new to the bad engine clunky darkfall combat i was not helpless i killed 66 percent of single player attacks on me when i was solo and the other fights i got away(not counting the 4 crash deaths)

4/5 of my deaths were from crashes what kind of impression do you think that leaves on a player full loot or not

Originally posted by Paladrink
    Darkfail again? sorry i still pass, even seeing the reactions of the people towards Arbacus make me think of a whole kid hole again. Even if the game has became a bit better now its going to be less than #"$"$# in 2 months.

The Darkfall community has a very low tolerance for idiots and cry babies, but overall the level of maturity FAR exceeds other games.  Why?

1) Ragey kids can't handle losing gear

2) 1 character per server means you are accountable for things you say/do

3) Politics actually matter

4) Your reputation as a player can have a positive/negative influence on your clan's relations with other clans

5) Coordination and discipline can easily beat pure FPS/twitch skills

6) Conquest and city control requires a lot of planning and organization.

If you come into DFUW can start complaining about:

1) Graphics

2) Getting ganked

3) Other players being mean

You will get ridiculed. 

However, if you come in with a positive, willing to learn attitude, take time to read up on the game before playing, and ask the community for help, you will see that Darkfall players are FAR more willing to go the extra mile to teach you how to play than ANY OTHER mmo out there.

That being said, you sound like a whiny baby, so you may want to steer clear.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by MMO_Fan

@Badaboom, Greymoor and Uzik:

As the most vocal fans of this game - how many accounts do you own or have access to in game?

Do you think having multiple accounts make the game more fun and makes it worth it?

One account.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

How is your performance after todays patch?

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Today i had 6 client crashes, i lost 4mounts because of it. My ping was about 100-110ms and my FPS ~30.  This is the only game i get so low FPS even at low settings.

Today i had 6 client crashes, i lost 4mounts because of iy. My ping was about 100-110ms and my FPS ~30.  This is the only game i get so low FPS even at low settings.

that sux i was getting 100 fps(imposed cap via msi afterburner  after first few days or so before was stuttering at 0-250fps in crowded town) in every type of gameplay and setting but i still crashed atleast once a day often in a party or in pvp my temps were all perfect no higher than 50 degrees celcius my ping jumpe daroujnd spordically form 49 low to 120 ms tho which was strange

Originally posted by MMO_Fan

@Badaboom, Greymoor and Uzik:

As the most vocal fans of this game - how many accounts do you own or have access to in game?

Do you think having multiple accounts make the game more fun and makes it worth it?

One account.

I have 2 accounts.  One for PvP/PvE and one for guild crafting.

Anyone who thinks that a 2nd account is some sort of huge advantage is mistaken.  The only places you can semi-AFK harvest safely are safezones where there are very few available resources.  Semi-AFK harvesting outside of the safezones (where all the untapped resources are) will most likely end with your alt donating resources to someone else.

So the resource gain is pretty negligible.  Most of the time my crafting alt just sits in an NPC city making random things for my clan.

Also, there are currently TONS of crafters in global chat looking for people to give them materials and for them to craft it for you.  A lot are even offering discounts so they can level up their skills.

Today i had 6 client crashes, i lost 4mounts because of iy. My ping was about 100-110ms and my FPS ~30.  This is the only game i get so low FPS even at low settings.

that sux i was getting 100 fps(imposed cap via msi afterburner  after first few days or so before was stuttering at 0-250fps in crowded town) in every type of gameplay and setting but i still crashed atleast once a day often in a party or in pvp my temps were all perfect no higher than 50 degrees celcius my ping jumpe daroujnd spordically form 49 low to 120 ms tho which was strange

That sucks.  I have only crashed once and that was right after launch.  My computer is old but it is intel and nvidea.  What is your hardware (Psy & Arb)?