Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOGG gets banned for griefing

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

This is like.. the saddest thing ive ever seen in representation for an mmo player.. I just quite frankly can't fathom what im looking at. But there it is

unbelieveable..

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Every single nodes in and around okrim are all emtpy anyway. There's no point to bump a player on them so why banning?

It's an open world pvp game and if you can't grief, than DF UW is one part less hardcore than any other mmorpg with a world pvp since in these world pvp, you can grief at will.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Megatronic
    Its really depressing knowing that there really are players who are spending cash and free time just to annoy other people. 

Why depressing? Goonies have been with us forever.  Some people get their jollies from trying to ruin other peoples play experience.  Thats just a fact of life.  Just because some people have a warped perspective on games (or life) isn't reason to be depressed.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Watched that vid for about a minute.  Strong life that guy has, rofl.

This +5

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

The game sucks. They have griefers bothering macroers.......

Half the players are afk macroing, the other half are griefing them.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Although to be fair and honest, as a PvE game, Darkfall is VERY lackluster...

No game have I ever enjoed killing mobs as much asa in Darkfall. One reason is funny AI together with no tab target combat.

The other is constant PvP danger so when you PvE you actually always need to be ready to PvP. Embrace that and you'll never come close  to enjoyment when playing any other standard mmorpg.

p.s. Also it's not just going out and killing. You actually have to work on the social aspect because of the dangerous world.

Originally posted by khameleon

The game sucks. They have griefers bothering macroers.......

Half the players are afk macroing, the other half are griefing them.

LOL

It's a game feature so you don't have to be bored looking at a tree when chopping it down and can actually go do something else, you know like read forums, watch a movie or bang your wife.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i don't get it, what did he do?

did he hump a player's leg till he went mad? did he try to get between the player and the recourse to stop him farming it or whts the idea?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Yeah he was blocking LOS with the nodes. Not condoning it but funny how this has gone from advised tactic on AVs behalf to bannable offense in the change from DF to UW. I'm guessing it's now bannable because in a safe zone there is no recourse to the victim, however really this is just showing weakness of AV behalf, because they would rather ban a player than actually fix the system.

It's not like we spent all of beta trying to point out this problem and hundreds like it with the current way safe zones work..

Anyway, if he has been banned, shouldn't he be on here: http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/ or is this another of the failed communication avenues lol :p

Well the solution is really really simple, you just have to be in 1st person view and get as close into object as possible so griefer can't get infront of your crosshair.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Aventurine ingame mechanics allow you to bump into people and disturb their gathering of rescources. They allow it. And i cant understand why Aventurine instead dont change the mechanic so it is impossible? Seems to me they is banning players for using their mechanics into griefing. I agree it's bad performance from this griefer but i also see some of this as a poor ingame mechanics.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Wylf

I know people will get mad, but I have to thumbs up.. People think that because you can PvP in Darkfall that it has to be an extension to their reddit and adventures on 4chan..

Not sure what the videos showed about griefing, but the chat thing.. remove the filth..

Why do you think People will get mad?

Because people like this guy, think that this is a "feature" of this game.. They think it's built on douchebaggery, they think this guy was "just doing what needed to be done", and most of all they think THIS is why Darkfall is "hardcore" so I'm sure once they wake from their self -induced stupor, that they will be here in droves defending this scumbag with:

"GO BACK TO WOW"

"PLAY HELLO KITTY INSTEAD"

etc..

Agree. These type of PvP games attract this element.  I am not saying all people who play these games are like this guy, but I am saying these type of folks gravitate towards these games.  I believe I was correct in passing on this game.  I enjoy games with a good community and would not want to be sharing it with this type.   

I took a peak at the official forums and you are right.  There are plent of people supporting him and cheering him on.  Ill make sure this is a game I stay away from. 

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by wrekognize

I know people will get mad, but I have to thumbs up.. People think that because you can PvP in Darkfall that it has to be an extension to their reddit and adventures on 4chan.. Not sure what the videos showed about griefing, but the chat thing.. remove the filth.. Although to be fair and honest, as a PvE game, Darkfall is VERY lackluster...

I enjoy the PVE in Darkfall far more than any MMO I've played. Very skyrimish.

Skyrimish is what I see when I watch gameplay. Im glad you said that. It skyrimish with other real people. I havent made a purchase yet, just kind of riding the fence and all, but skyrimish with other people is what I would like when I play skyrim. EOS is coming sometime this year, but darkfall looks more like what I was after in an mmo version of elder scrolls.

Im also riding the fence right now because Neverwinter is about to launch and I may get wrapped up in playing that, so finding time for darkfall is going to be hard to do right now. If Neverwinter comes off as to much pay to win or pay to enjoy, I will move on and darkfall is on the radar right now.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    What a sad sad individual this guy and his buddies are. I had to stop watching the video because If I heard him use the word gimp one more time I was going to jab a pencil into each of my ears. It's to bad he only got a temp ban, people like him should not even be allowed to play computer games with others.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398
    Whats more telling about the DFUW community is the amount of tears in that thread, from people upset about him being banned.
  • DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

…….and there are actually folk  in MMORPG forums telling us that the P2P model attracts the most mature and well behaved gamers.   PFFFFt.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Well somebody should give this guy an award for being a true internetz bad ass, playin his gangsta music while pwnin gimps!  lol

reminds me of this

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by evicton
    Whats more telling about the DFUW community is the amount of tears in that thread, from people upset about him being banned.

Yes I found that equally disturbing that so many in the forums are defending him.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    It seems that no matter how well you design your game there are fringe people who will figure out ways to exploit things, and they have to be controlled by the GMs.
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

All of this is hilarious ....... the ass hat,  the video, AV banning him .....

Just plain Hilarious .......

~Hairysun

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Wylf

I know people will get mad, but I have to thumbs up.. People think that because you can PvP in Darkfall that it has to be an extension to their reddit and adventures on 4chan..

Not sure what the videos showed about griefing, but the chat thing.. remove the filth..

Why do you think People will get mad?

Because people like this guy, think that this is a "feature" of this game.. They think it's built on douchebaggery, they think this guy was "just doing what needed to be done", and most of all they think THIS is why Darkfall is "hardcore" so I'm sure once they wake from their self -induced stupor, that they will be here in droves defending this scumbag with:

"GO BACK TO WOW"

"PLAY HELLO KITTY INSTEAD"

etc..

Agree. These type of PvP games attract this element.  I am not saying all people who play these games are like this guy, but I am saying these type of folks gravitate towards these games.  I believe I was correct in passing on this game.  I enjoy games with a good community and would not want to be sharing it with this type.   

I took a peak at the official forums and you are right.  There are plent of people supporting him and cheering him on.  Ill make sure this is a game I stay away from. 

Sad way to live, thanks for the response Vyeth, and I am with flizzer this is not a game I will play.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Some of these post from the so called "hardcore pvpers" is friggin hilarious.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    They just banned thier playerbase hehe.  That's all that playes ffa full-loot pvp games...
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Well somebody should give this guy an award for being a true internetz bad ass, playin his gangsta music while pwnin gimps!  lol

reminds me of this

HAHAHAHAAHA, that was a good laugh and how true it probobly is to these "hardcore" players.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

LOL watched their video.

Too bad to leave safe zone.  All they do is jump on people so they cant really resource.

That is it.

In the guys vides he said "this is real griefers"  but sadly they couldnt leave their own safe zone prison...or they would actually get griefed.

So it appears to me that these badasses were in map prison, not able to leave that area, and therefore turned their anger on the only people worse than them, new players in safe zones...only its a safe zone so they cant kill them, so they jump on them while resourcing, which makes them have to click the node again.

I was actually concerned when i heard they banned griefers, but then i saw the video and realized they are non factor safe zone griefers.

Your only actually going to get griefed in this game if you join a clan who is absolutely at war with the entier server, and the people who do join those clans want people to come at them.  It works well actually.

Join a few weeks after launch and whatever you are using wont be worth the time to loot, and more people will feel bad for you running around in noob gear farming noob mobs.