Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Blade Advertisements Misleading?

Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member Posts: 3,055 Uncommon

photo SBMA_zpsb69209e5.png

Is it just me or does everyone else see the complete over exaggeration of the advertisement on MMORPG's front page?

I highly doubt this is the most anticipated game of 2013. There's are many things wrong with this game that screams a less than adequate gaming experience. From the dated graphics, linear progression, even the questing you do in the game. There is nothing to be highly anticipated about or am I missing something with this game? 

CLASSES 3/5

When you start out your experience in Scarlet Blades you have the choice between 6 different classes.  Each wielding very different play styles from one another. I myself chose the medic ( I liked the looks of the glowing things on her armour). I also found it weird that there were giant robots melded with the classes in the background (looks to be your "super" mode in some way).

photo SBC_zpsa3334f14.png

THE WORLD 2/5

When I imagine an MMO I want to see a large world and the Scarlet Blade experience was a big let down. When I orginially opened the map for the first time to see just how large the game was it turned out to be a very linear path. While the games world is linear the quality of the terrian is somewhat below par.  

FIRST EXPERIENCE 2/5

When you first warp into the world after creating your character you start in the middle of a zone with no sense of direction.  You must figure out that the little blue square box ( I usually think they're simply annoying Tooltip and ignore them) which begins your journey. You essentially talk to 3-4 different NPC's and gather some very basic gear before you leave the zone.

Once I finished talking to the NPC's and equiped the gear I obtained I entered the first actual zone. Now, I don't know what everyone else does things in a game but the first thing I do with a new title is check the map(s). I like to see what the overall world looks like. When I opened up the map I found to my surprise a very linear zone. I thought to myself, "Well this is the first zone it could possibly open up as you go through the game". Uh.... no, you can see every zone that's available to you just by changing the individual maps and they're just as linear as the next. With a great sigh of disappointment I move on anyways.

So I get my first quest from the blue box which is to kill several bugs. Okay it's not bad it's simply a generic starter quest (kill 10 rats). After finishing this I obtained my next quest which was to kill several more bugs. My experience throughout my time in Scarlet Blade was essentially the exact same quest(s) over and over as I progressed throughout the levels. There just wasn't much variation. At level 10 you have the ability to get a bike that looks pretty interesting and it helps speed up the process from getting from zone to zone (of course everything is linear so I don't really see the real need for it). I finished my play-through of the game at level 20. I personally didn't feel the need to further progress my character

GRAPHICS 3/5

My opinion for Scarlet Blades graphics is some what dull and unimaginative. The game houses a very generic art style which overall look a bit dated for a game in 2013. However, I don't quite care about the graphics so long as the gameplay is good (I still enjoy games like Trickster, Wakfu, EQ, and Anarchy). While the women are quite revealing which might appeal to other people; I personally don't like it when my characters look plastic.

INNOVATION 1/5

Sorry Aeria, I love your games (Last Chaos and Eden Eternal) however this game is no where near as fun nor innovative as your previous creations. It doesn't feel like there's any attempt to stand out from the crowd. Which is needed now more than ever with the amount of quality games that are either coming out or simply converting to F2P.

OVERALL 2.2/5

While the game is new and surely takes advantage of sex appeal. I don't see this title as the most anticipated MMO of 2013. I find it to be a very lack luster experience overall. The graphics aren't even the hotest on the market. The gameplay is decent however it's simply uninnovative. I can't even say that they're pushing the boundries on more revealing costumes in the industry because I've played Age of Conan and they took the clothing right off the women! While Scarlet Blade forces you to pay for a more revealing look (That's right, you have to pay for a more revealing look if you want to).

This is my experience of Scarlet Blade. Tell me your experience within the game and answer the main question. Is this game truly the most anticipated of 2013?

Tagged:

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Manchester, NHMember Posts: 2,035 Rare

Many people are worked up into a lather about the ads and the game.  I originally thought this was a spoof of sexualized video games and didnt realize it was an actual game.  But lets face it, these ads work!  Look at how many threads there are on this game.  Successful advertising campaign!   

As for the game, I havent played it but seen videos.  Your review seems to reflect what I have seen in the videos.  Most anticipated MMOPG is just funny, come one guys, need to laugh here.

• rawfoxrawfox HamburgMember Posts: 736 Uncommon
    Nipples ?
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 portland, ORMember Posts: 463 Uncommon
    Most anticipated? Not really, but for a F2P game it's actually quite fun. I have a lvl 24 shadow walker, and  lvl 15ish medic.  But again I really don't care about awesome graphic's as long as the gameplay is fun for me. Plus I play as a break from my normal game's I play. I do find it rather ammusing people have problem's with how much sexualised the chr model's are when they seem to have no objection to the violence of game's like grand theft auto.
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member Posts: 3,055 Uncommon
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Many people are worked up into a lather about the ads and the game.  I originally thought this was a spoof of sexualized video games and didnt realize it was an actual game.  But lets face it, these ads work!  Look at how many threads there are on this game.  Successful advertising campaign!      As for the game, I havent played it but seen videos.  Your review seems to reflect what I have seen in the videos.  Most anticipated MMOPG is just funny, come one guys, need to laugh here.  

A successful advertising campaign means people are buying your product. I never once thought I wanted to spend money on their game because of the advertising. I also played this game before the vast majority of advertising was being made so it had no effect on me.

Sure it might get someone in the door, however I don't see many people playing this game for too long and the tag "most anticipated" is more of an insult to other games when you put other games side by side with this one.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • kastakasta Mineola, TXMember Posts: 512
    If you were creating an ad banner for your game would you put "Another recycled mediocre game with breasts!" or "2013's Most Anticipated Game!"  The Anticipation in the banner is the producers anticipating a return on investment.  I'm pretty sure that's what they anticipate most.
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    Most anticipated? Not really, but for a F2P game it's actually quite fun. I have a lvl 24 shadow walker, and  lvl 15ish medic.  But again I really don't care about awesome graphic's as long as the gameplay is fun for me. Plus I play as a break from my normal game's I play. I do find it rather ammusing people have problem's with how much sexualised the chr model's are when they seem to have no objection to the violence of game's like grand theft auto.

I don't see anything wrong with the sex appeal (I played Age of Conan) I just don't think that the sex appeal is good enough to hold a player in the game. 

Originally posted by kasta
    If you were creating an ad banner for your game would you put "Another recycled mediocre game with breasts!" or "2013's Most Anticipated Game!"  The Anticipation in the banner is the producers anticipating a return on investment.  I'm pretty sure that's what they anticipate most.

There are better ways to advertise your product than falsely stating information like this. In fact, they have several other banners on MMORPG.COM doing so. I'm just pointing the one that's not a true/valid ad. Which raised the question is this false advertising?

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

I've played AoC also, and like you say the sex appeal isn't gonna hold a player for long.
    I've played AoC also, and like you say the sex appeal isn't gonna hold a player for long.

Of course not, which is what I'm trying to figure out how "the most anticipated game of 2013" is going to hold onto their customers with sex appeal alone.

• JasonJJasonJ New Port Richey, FLMember Posts: 395

All advertisments are misleading. How many times do you see a commerical for a movie thats "the #1 movie" and then see another commercial stating a different movie is the #1 movie...

How about Tera and its "best action combat" crap...thats an opinion being given, one that I would argue is very wrong because its a watered down Vindictus which had far more action because it didnt root you in place while casting, thus was faster, and thus had more "action".

Originally posted by JasonJ
    All advertisments are misleading. How many times do you see a commerical for a movie thats "the #1 movie" and then see another commercial stating a different movie is the #1 movie... How about Tera and its "best action combat" crap...thats an opinion being given, one that I would argue is very wrong because its a watered down Vindictus which had far more action because it didnt root you in place while casting, thus was faster, and thus had more "action".

I believe Tera is better than Vindicuts combat wise. While I understand there are a few classes that root you into place. There are many more classes to choose and play from that don't require being rooted.  Even Vindictus had characters that were rooted into place when they did certain skills.

• Siris23Siris23 Minneapolis, MNMember Posts: 266 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Of course not, which is what I'm trying to figure out how "the most anticipated game of 2013" is going to hold onto their customers with sex appeal alone.

While they do claim it's "the most anticipated" they don't say who is anticipating it, that's the key. If they's have said  "the most anticipated game of 2013 by mmo gamers around the world" then you'd have a point.

• bliss14bliss14 eleva, WIMember Posts: 568 Uncommon
    It's like most ads.  Out of all the dentists in the world, do 3 out of 4 really recommend Colgate over Crest?  Probably not.  But if they pick 4 dentists and have 3 of them recommend Colgate then they can say it.
  • bliss14bliss14 eleva, WIMember Posts: 568 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Siris23

While they do claim it's "the most anticipated" they don't say who is anticipating it, that's the key. If they's have said  "the most anticipated game of 2013 by mmo gamers around the world" then you'd have a point.

They could even get away with that.  Say they pick 10 gamers from a bunch of different countries that they know want to play SB and ask them that question.  Legit.

• JasonJJasonJ New Port Richey, FLMember Posts: 395
    All advertisments are misleading. How many times do you see a commerical for a movie thats "the #1 movie" and then see another commercial stating a different movie is the #1 movie... How about Tera and its "best action combat" crap...thats an opinion being given, one that I would argue is very wrong because its a watered down Vindictus which had far more action because it didnt root you in place while casting, thus was faster, and thus had more "action".

I believe Tera is better than Vindicuts combat wise. While I understand there are a few classes that root you into place. There are many more classes to choose and play from that don't require being rooted.  Even Vindictus had characters that were rooted into place when they did certain skills.

So. To YOU, the advert wasnt a lie...to others it was.

Congrats, you just learned marketting stratgies first rule on how to get away with what you say.

Who know's maybe I should stop by the strip club's in my neighborhood and see if they have scarlet blade advertisement's lol, now wouldn't that be a new low.

So. To YOU, the advert wasnt a lie...to others it was.

Congrats, you just learned marketting stratgies first rule on how to get away with what you say.

You can easily construe what you want to say in order to prove anything right or wrong in your benefit or even twist the words of those who are around you. But the fact of the matter is that Tera and Vindictus are two games that are very similar however when one game (Tera) has more classes that are able to freely run and kill makes it a better overall candidate for the "best action combat".

You can mislead anyone to believe that they could have answered in response to, "How about Tera and its "best action combat" crap...thats an opinion being given, one that I would argue is very wrong because its a watered down Vindictus which had far more action because it didnt root you in place while casting, thus was faster, and thus had more "action".".

However I full well knew that you would have pulled the opinion card and response would have resulted in saying something around, "So. To YOU, the advert wasnt a lie...to others it was."

You're avoiding the point, "False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label."

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCMember Posts: 4,818
    I fnd it weird how hard people try to get anything about this game removed from the site.  I now seem to read these posts just to see what new and crazy logic people are going to try next to justify being messed up when it comes to sex.
  • RyukanRyukan Mason, MIMember Posts: 708 Uncommon
    The advertising is misleading because it does not refer to this game as "the #1 fappinest MMO ever".
  • melenonemelenone seminole, FLMember Posts: 25
    We are giving this bad game way to much attention and threads lol....just let it die and go away .:)
  • DakeruDakeru Member Posts: 2,438 Rare
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I fnd it weird how hard people try to get anything about this game removed from the site.  I now seem to read these posts just to see what new and crazy logic people are going to try next to justify being messed up when it comes to sex.

I do the same - it's the only entertainment provided on the forum lately.

About the game itself: Yes it has nothing new to offer but their way of copying old elements is quite solid.

If only pvp had a bigger meaning than going into the battle zone - tab target and shoot - hope to kill someone before someone tab targets you.

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member Posts: 164 Uncommon
    It's no more misleading than commercials saying their product is the best/most affordable/blablabla. If someone says it's their most anticipated game of 2013 then it is, you may not agree with that but that's irrelevant.
  • MukeMuke Member Posts: 2,459 Uncommon
    Don't care if it has stuff that might have been in games for ages; if I like to play that game and the engine runs it just fine it's fine by me.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ToodlesToodles 90210, AKMember Posts: 104 Uncommon
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Many people are worked up into a lather about the ads and the game.  I originally thought this was a spoof of sexualized video games and didnt realize it was an actual game.  But lets face it, these ads work!  Look at how many threads there are on this game.  Successful advertising campaign!      As for the game, I havent played it but seen videos.  Your review seems to reflect what I have seen in the videos.  Most anticipated MMOPG is just funny, come one guys, need to laugh here.  

You've clearly never taken a marketing class. There is such thing as 'bad' publicity. The many threads being created about this shitty game are indeed that, bad publicity. The fact MMORPG continues to whore themselves out with this ad space is pathetic and says just how far down MMORPG has come from what it once was.

• SephirosoSephiroso Marietta, GAMember Posts: 1,323 Uncommon

the purpose of an f2p game made by studios like aeriagames and gamescampus isn't to be a great mmo, its to leech money off people for as long as possible.

they did however put some work into it, this game is one of the few that i actually found myself reading the quest text, a good 75% of it was hilarious. maybe it was cause it was adult themed humour instead of the usual dribble in other games.

everything advertises that its the best thing since sliced bread. no one calls that false advertising. cause no one takes them seriously with statements like that. you and everyone else knew exactly what this game would be like(or should have) when you saw they were selling it on purely sex appeal.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!