Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Update 8.5 Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

European World of Tanks players will be the first to partake of the latest v8.5 update to the game. SE Asia and North America will see its arrival on April 25th, South Korea on May 7th. The patch brings an expanded German and USSR tank tree and offers players the ability to purchase premium consumable items with in-game gold.

Also of note in Update 8.5, players will now be able to purchase all premium consumables with credits. Previously, premium consumables were only purchasable with gold, the in-game currency purchased with real-world money. In addition, all players, both paying and non-paying, will be able to create 3-member platoons and companies.

Update 8.5 is further rounded out with the introduction of a new battle arena, Pearl River, as well as visual revamps of the Siegfried Line, South Coast, and Malinovka maps.

Read the beta patch notes on the World of Tanks site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MKS2007MKS2007 Member Posts: 11
    ah nice... :)
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Same ole same ole.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Yah. Same ole awesome

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

very Cool!

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Its one of the weakest patches to date. The new map Pearl River  will be on the shelve in no time simply put another bad map. Lerp 1 is another  wannabe tank it may look good in the garage but its no better than the Panther 2. Remake of some maps are ok but nothing fantastic, the game MM is still lacking no new game modes these are but afew Items players wanted but I feel WG has let the players down once again.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Wow your complaining abotu them adding lots of content every month..

This time we get 9 new tanks available to everyone.. then a few available to super testers..

We also get a new map, and some maps re-done with the new graphics.A nice selection of changes..

Last patch was a full tree of british tank destroyers and a few other things.. one before that was the chinese tanks i thikn and before that the british tanks..

I dont think they have let us down at all..

Also what new games modes do you think they should add?

We have the standard team v team maps, defend/attack maps, fight over 1 point maps.. i cant really think of anything else they could add to it..