Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained should not be listed

McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

In times past, this site has listed non-MMO games on the Top-Voted games list on the main page which always reeks of a payoff. This has also said that games have to meet a certain criteria before they are even listed on the site at all which adds to previous suspicions. 

For example, why is it that an already existing MMO called MINECRAFT not listed anwhere on this site, yet a nonexistant game that has not one screenshot or video like Camelot Unchained is listed on the site and the Top-Voted section on the main page?? 

There are other sites affiliated with this site about non-MMO games so I would prefer if this site get their ducks in a row on that part as well as being contradictive when it comes to what games get listed and which don't. 

I don't expect much discussion to come of this topic, but I did want to bring it to the attention of the site admins at least. 

Comments

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

I couldn't care less if Minecraft was listed personally.  Make a forum for that too!

But judging from the amount of people who want to discuss CU I would imagine it's a pretty far fetched idea that it will be taken down.

However, if there is a Camelot Unchained forum then there should definitely be a Black Desert forum :)

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    With all the Scarlet Blade advertising that is all over this site, I think you know the answer OP.

• VendacVendac Member Posts: 39

Please go away troll...

Camelot Unchained is in the first stage of its development, in other words, just getting going.  They actually have posted videos of of the engine that is being built in house.  They put new stuff out there daily, sometimes just Mark Jacobs running his mouth on video or in print, sometimes some art, sometimes some tech videos.

And Minecraft, yeah, not really an MMO.  There are plenty of games listed on this site that I wouldnt consider to be an MMO.  However, that is up to the admins and th eowners of this website.

You cant fix stupid - Ron White

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Although many mmo-journalists tend to go into cooking as their first crafting proffession, countrary to popular belief, virtual soup does not the belly fill in real life. Neither does it the bill pay. So unless mmorpg decides to develop a kickstarter project and get rich froom drooling nerds..expect them to keep lining their pockets with the corporate dough =)

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I'd say CU has more right to be included in the site list than games that are not MMO's in any way, shape or form, like WoT, Smite, D3, DayZ etc.

If these FPS and Lobby games can get space then I think a bona fide MMO in development can be given a bit of slack too.

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

I'd say CU has more right to be included in the site list than games that are not MMO's in any way, shape or form, like WoT, Smite, D3, DayZ etc.

If these FPS and Lobby games can get space then I think a bona fide MMO in development can be given a bit of slack too.

How is it bona fide when it is not even in develpoment, they are still in the kick starter phase, just saying.................

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Saxonblade

How is it bona fide when it is not even in develpoment, they are still in the kick starter phase, just saying.................

I said it's a bona fide MMO in development. We've seen stuff from CSE. Things like character modelling so, yes, some development has been done. And it's a bona fide MMO because it meets the criteria that defines an MMO, unlike those other games I listed.

Originally posted by Saxonblade

I said it's a bona fide MMO in development. We've seen stuff from CSE. Things like character modelling so, yes, some development has been done. And it's a bona fide MMO because it meets the criteria that defines an MMO, unlike those other games I listed.

Sorry hun that is not in actual development, they don't even have the funds to start it as of now, and with 8.75k backers the future does not look good.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I agree with the OP. Look at all those accounts created mid of March until now. They do nothing but advertise and demand that people keep donating - they even suggest using illegal means.

There is one thread where those March-CU-Accounts even admit that they only joined here to advertise without the slightest interest in blending into this community.

I want an option to filter all threads created in the CU forums and prevent them from showing up in the recent activity tab.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by McGamer

In times past, this site has listed non-MMO games on the Top-Voted games list on the main page which always reeks of a payoff. This has also said that games have to meet a certain criteria before they are even listed on the site at all which adds to previous suspicions. 

For example, why is it that an already existing MMO called MINECRAFT not listed anwhere on this site, yet a nonexistant game that has not one screenshot or video like Camelot Unchained is listed on the site and the Top-Voted section on the main page?? 

There are other sites affiliated with this site about non-MMO games so I would prefer if this site get their ducks in a row on that part as well as being contradictive when it comes to what games get listed and which don't. 

I don't expect much discussion to come of this topic, but I did want to bring it to the attention of the site admins at least. 

minecraft is not a mmo, it's a mulitplayer game with dedicated servers. the last point alone totaly disqualifies it from being mmo.

CU on the other hand will be a full mmo, it's just in development. and MMOPRG.com never "unlisted" games in development.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MKS2007MKS2007 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by McGamer

You do know there are videos of CU.. and it infact a MMORPG thats in the early stages of development?

Minecraft was not designed as a MMORPG.. infact i only really class it as one when there are certain mods running on the server... but you are right they have added other games on this site that are in no way a MMORPG.. I am just not sure why you choose to pick on CU when infact it is a MMORPG.. you would have been better off posting this on the diablo 3 forums..

• Fallbreaker1Fallbreaker1 Member Posts: 15
    A game that hasn't anything in it yet is not a game! When it at least has a world the devs can log into it should be listed. It's not an anything at the moment, just a lot of talk and pre-game building stuff.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is not the appropriate way to bring something up to the site admins, if that was your intention. There's the Site Suggestions forum and ways of contacting the admins on the site using the contact us link. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.