Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By the end of the KS, CSE will allow you to play CU.

Comments

• MKS2007MKS2007 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    I'm strugling to find what the excitement is. As far as I can see, the game is narrow on scope, isn't really offering anything that unique, inovative to justify it's place high up in the hype rank. And to be honest, I can't see a quality MMO game being made with that tiny budget. I know of a tech demos that had cost more than 100k to put toghether. 

So a game dedicated to RVR pvp with the featrues that its going to have with all the crafting and other things is not unique or inovative at all? I guess ill go play all the other games that do this... oh wait i cant because there are no games dedicated to RVR with the castle/house building and other things this has.

How is 5 million a tiny budget? Sure compared to SWTOR it is but i have no idea how bioware/ea managed to waste so much money on that game. There is no reason for MMORPGs to cost 10s of 100s of millions of $ to make.. infact you could actually make one for $0 if you had people willing to work for free.. of coruse when ready for release you would need to spend a bit on server costs and stuff..

100k for a tech demo sounds very excessive..

I have no idea why people think that MMOs have to cost so much to make. AAA companeis might throw millions and millions at them but we seen how good they turn out.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by MKS2007
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    I'm strugling to find what the excitement is. As far as I can see, the game is narrow on scope, isn't really offering anything that unique, inovative to justify it's place high up in the hype rank. And to be honest, I can't see a quality MMO game being made with that tiny budget. I know of a tech demos that had cost more than 100k to put toghether. 

So a game dedicated to RVR pvp with the featrues that its going to have with all the crafting and other things is not unique or inovative at all? I guess ill go play all the other games that do this... oh wait i cant because there are no games dedicated to RVR with the castle/house building and other things this has.

How is 5 million a tiny budget? Sure compared to SWTOR it is but i have no idea how bioware/ea managed to waste so much money on that game. There is no reason for MMORPGs to cost 10s of 100s of millions of $ to make.. infact you could actually make one for $0 if you had people willing to work for free.. of coruse when ready for release you would need to spend a bit on server costs and stuff..

100k for a tech demo sounds very excessive..

I have no idea why people think that MMOs have to cost so much to make. AAA companeis might throw millions and millions at them but we seen how good they turn out.

It's not unique or inovative. They are just combining things that are already out there. Focusing purely on RvR also limits the games scope and audience.

$5 million is nothing for an MMO. After paying for his small staff, his office & equipment, servers, advertising and bandwith I would be surprised if there isn't a debt piling up.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well.. is it bad that I feel MORE skeptical about it hearing the news about a working demo being ready by the end of KS then I was before? I mean, I suspected it would be done (even if its no where near the glory people expect) but this feels... rather forced and iffy to me.  

Not saying its a scam or anything mind you, just... it makes me more unsure of it all.

• LaeeshLaeesh Member UncommonPosts: 95
    this threads name really need´s adjustment!

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    I have seen newbie college projects that look better then that >_<

In one month? Creating their own engine? They were very talented for sure.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I just canceled my 500 dollar pledge.  I think this is a showboat tatic and I totally disagree with this move.  For them to throw together a demo of something to try to entice more pledges is just puny imo.  Goodluck Andrew and MJ with your vaporware.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Well at least Collision is in 4:15 for all the PvP's and backers that stick around. If the game makes light of day that is.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

This is pretty funny.

Play CU after the Kickstarter? Is that what you call WASD'ing a placeholder puppet in an area as big as your bedroom?

"I played CU today, man!".

Sigh.

you see =( plz adjust the name this is missleading! @BizkitNL i won´t use your word´s but you are right. It´s a demo (not even alpha) nothing like the final product.

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by MKS2007

infact you could actually make one for $0 if you had people willing to work for free.. of coruse when ready for release you would need to spend a bit on server costs and stuff..

Really? How hard did you think before writing that?

Are the computers those people work on free? Is the electricity that powers the computers the people work on free? How about the heat? How about the rent of the office? Or are they all working from home? And if they're all working for free from home, how will they pay for their own bills?

You are right though about the 5M bit, MJ knows what he's doing budget wise, and not much $ will be wasted.

I hope the KS funds and the Backer forums open, because it's all getting a bit crazy on this forum.

I know it's hard people, but please think before posting stuff...

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

I hope the KS funds and the Backer forums open, because it's all getting a bit crazy on this forum.

I know it's hard people, but please think before posting stuff...

man that´s so true. =/

*Edit* on BOTH side´s! Supporter´s and Non-Backer´s

Originally posted by Betaguy
    I just canceled my 500 dollar pledge.  I think this is a showboat tatic and I totally disagree with this move.  For them to throw together a demo of something to try to entice more pledges is just puny imo.  Goodluck Andrew and MJ with your vaporware.

These guys are working 15 hours a day to prove this is not a vaporware and the first thing you are seeing is a vaporware. Good job.

kthnxbai

Originally posted by Aeodo

These guys are working 15 hours a day to prove this is not a vaporware and the first thing you are seeing is a vaporware. Good job.

500$ pledge and then canceling it, because it´s "vaporware" is phew heavy. Look´s like you are really disappointed about how information about the game given =( But calling it vaporware on the "progress level" of Kickstarter, that barely make´s sense to me but that´s just my opinion. But i think "vaporware" does not fit the "progress level" CU is in, as a KS project there is no talk about "release" of the game i think "vaporware" is maybe a to strong "vocabular" to describe your disappointment maybe ? Just thought´s no offense intended. (this is offtopic)

• MKS2007MKS2007 Member Posts: 11

LOL you what?

So people demand some kind of demo of the engine since the kickstarter launched... so they finally show more and more demo footage just what people have been asknig for and now you cancel your pledge?

You make as much sense as a badger at a disco...

Originally posted by Laeesh

500$ pledge and then canceling it, because it´s "vaporware" is phew heavy. Look´s like you are really disappointed about how information about the game given =( But calling it vaporware on the "progress level" of Kickstarter, that barely make´s sense to me but that´s just my opinion. But i think "vaporware" does not fit the "progress level" CU is in, as a KS project there is no talk about "release" of the game i think "vaporware" is maybe a to strong "vocabular" to describe your disappointment maybe ? Just thought´s no offense intended. (this is offtopic)

Better learn to read, I said I canceled because they are chucking out a demo as soon as KS ends if it succeeds, that says a lot about thier intentions if you have any shred of intelligence.

Originally posted by Laeesh

Better learn to read, I said I canceled because they are chucking out a demo as soon as KS ends if it succeeds, that says a lot about thier intentions if you have any shred of intelligence.

*Edit* cleared whole text after reading the "at least muffins has IQ 150" won´t argue with ^. Sorry for post

*Edit2* will use post for a reminding, plz change this thread´s name it´s simply wrong.

Looks like you are the one without any shred of intelligence, because this won't be even close to a demo. The first internal testing phase is planned for early 2014, not Spring 2013.

Looks like you are the one without any shred of intelligence, because this won't be even close to a demo. The first internal testing phase is planned for early 2014, not Spring 2013.

I think it is a spineless move to put something even small out for people to play at this point.

I think it is a spineless move to put something even small out for people to play at this point.

@OP look at this

I believe this is the fenomena people describe as: 

'no matter how hard you try to please people, some will always whine'.

You fall into this category.

But, it's a good thing you withdrew your $500 pledge, you're free to find other endeavours and find other forum sections.

• binskkibinskki Member CommonPosts: 153

I agree that the thread's title is problematic and misleading. :( 

It's a shame, because there is some cool information out there on this project, but hyping it in this way does the project a disservice - it can only put people off.

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112
    Unfortunately KS will not reach 2 million within a week.

Originally posted by binskki

I agree that the thread's title is problematic and misleading. :( 

It's a shame, because there is some cool information out there on this project, but hyping it in this way does the project a disservice - it can only put people off.

man finally, thank´s for jumping in. Can´t stress it enough, it´s really great how passionated people are, but this could eventually more hurt then help =(

• rgeworkanrgeworkan Member Posts: 4
    Haters gonna hate. Glad its a kickstarter so ppl that back this belive in MJ to deliver us great game!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    pretty cool. Looks alright. More please!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"