Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video #2 out- there's hope for TESO after all!

superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

[mod edit]

Comments

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176

And to think it was a mere 1 min and some change.

Imagine what you will think of the game when real gameplay footage of mid to higher level zones come into play. 

This doesn't mean to say TESO is a godlike game or is without its share of problems.  Because it isn't and it doesn't , but it just shows how a biased individual can make a game look horrible.....

SUP

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    It looks just as bad...
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Looks pretty damn good to me. Though I found myself drawn to how terrible the character model looked. Looked like playing with a wooden doll or some shit.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by wormed
    It looks just as bad...

It looks like skyrim with lower graphic settings & a skillbar...

I seriously don't get what some peopel are expecting from this game. It looks like an elder scrolls game.

Originally posted by superconducting
    It looks just as bad...

This is what I think still needs to be improved upon:

- Those glows around characters should be off by default, they look too artificial

- The background music isn't exactly epic, but then again I haven't heard enough to say

- Animations still need a little work

- Menus look too modern for an Elder Scrolls game- like they just don't belong

Normally I would agree with you about the glow effect and it was one of the greatest complaints about GW2 (since it uses a similar cell shading effect) when you mouse over NPC's or players but after playing GW2 for a few months I no longer noticed it and In that leaked video I didn't notice them there either.  Hopefully they will alow those to be turned off or dimmed.

Music is one of the last things to get input into a game, and seeing as all rumors of Jeremy Soule being behind the music I think no one should fret about this.

Agreed on the animations but I think a big part of that is due to the "being able to move and cast" which again was a pet peeve of mine in GW2 but I learned to live with it. 

IMO the menu and UI look very similar to SkyUI that I use for Skyrim, not exactly 100% like it but very remeniscent of it.  But then again the UI is one of the things that is going to be opened up for LUA modification and I would wager that someone will have an UI that would appeal to you more before it even releases.

SUP

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by aesperus

I seriously don't get what some peopel are expecting from this game. It looks like an elder scrolls game.

I agree, it did look very much like Skyrim. Imagine how much more it will resemble TES games when 1st person view is out and with a few more touches...

It looks just as bad...

Or in other words, it looks like 200 of those characters should fit on screen at one time.  Graphics are the least of my concern, I mean I could bring up WoW or Minecraft but whats the point right?

SUP

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

It looks just as bad...
    Thought the same thing...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock
    It looks just as bad...

Or in other words, it looks like 200 of those characters should fit on screen at one time.  Graphics are the least of my concern, I mean I could bring up WoW or Minecraft but whats the point right?

Oh, without a doubt (though in beta graphics are the last thing people should be focusing on).

What I was more getting at, though, was that Elder Scrolls games are NOT known for looking pretty. They have always had some of the ugliest looking character models. At best ES games have had some good looking maps and cool-ish creatures (the dragons in skyrim looks pretty good in particular). When you boil down an elder scrolls game; they're all about the lore, the comabt, & the free-roam questing.

People complaining about graphics on a beta are probably chasing the wrong franchise, and should be checking out the FFXIV forums.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    The one at the very bottom comment right? I think it looks pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of Neverwinter but with better graphics. It does look like an Elder Scrolls mmo.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by wordiz
    The one at the very bottom comment right?

Yes, also nice edit. :P

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

this is actually the third leaked gameplay video as i remember seeing a short one from pax as well.

Originally posted by fldash
    It looks just as bad...
    Thought the same thing...

didn't even look like the same game to me, although i knew the 20 minute video was a bad representation of what the game will actually be.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    [mod edit]

Some GW2 "fanboys" were not disappointed at all.  The game's still healthy too, so you could try not crying over spilt milk, and allow TESO fans to be excited about their game too.  What are you playing that's so damn good anyway?  lol

The video doesn't look bad, but I'm still iffy on the combat and movement.  None of what I've seen looks mind-blowing.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    It looks like it is on the lowest settings.  Perhaps even most of them are turned off at the moment for the beta client.  The UI looks like it could still use quite a bit of work.  Animations seem a bit sketchy here too, but perhaps less noticable when the graphics are high and more polish is put into other areas.  I'll keep my hype level low until I see more.  Much more.  I'm certainly not writing it off after a few early beta videos.
  • leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97
    the gameplay looks so much resemble to skyrim, eg UI, setting, enviroment, etc. Or i am wrong?
  • Balkin31Balkin31 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Game enviroment looks fine in this video but the characters movment is horrid... 

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Graphics, voice acting, and combat are not the reason people hate this game.
    Originally posted by baphamet

TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.

going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is.

but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate.

i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development

Exactly.  Some of us are looking forward to it but like any good gamer should be, we are worried because of many things.  I.e. I am worried about Mega Server and Endgame PvE.

All I ask is for a game to have good and plentiful endgame and sadly alot of games forget this aspect.

SUP

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Graphics, voice acting, and combat are not the reason people hate this game.

yes, the real reason is you are a CU fan and thus feel compelled to hate on TESO, amirite?

its funny that a good amount of these "fans" that are so "concerned" just so happen to be CU backers.

i will tell you this, worst case scenario this game does suck and i stop playing.

at least i didn't spend hundreds of dollars on a game that may or may not even launch let alone not suck as well.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Saw the 2nd video and I liked it. Short but promising.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.

going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is.

but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate.

i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development

Exactly.  Some of us are looking forward to it but like any good gamer should be, we are worried because of many things.  I.e. I am worried about Mega Server and Endgame PvE.

All I ask is for a game to have good and plentiful endgame and sadly alot of games forget this aspect.

I'd also like to hear something about crafting because crafting in most MMOs suck to put it mildly. PvE endgame worries me too a bit but if the world is big enough to explore and have some whoah experiences I'm good. Also, I'm really hoping that leveling takes more than 3 days in this game :)

Originally posted by wormed TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.
      going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is. but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate. i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development

i hear ya, i take the wait and see approach with every game i am interested in.

expectations are never high for me because i know there will likely never be an mmo as fun as my first two that introduced me to the genre (Daoc, EQ)

anyways, IMO PVE endgame in TESO probably will lack depending on how much content there will be in the enemy lands at 50 and what benefits you get from doing it.

endgame cannot be handled like it is in GW2, you have to be able to advance your character in some way other than just the way your character looks.

really wish they would handle AA points like they did in Daoc (realm points) or AA's in EQ.

Originally posted by Piiritus
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by wormed TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.
      going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is. but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate. i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development
    Exactly.  Some of us are looking forward to it but like any good gamer should be, we are worried because of many things.  I.e. I am worried about Mega Server and Endgame PvE.   All I ask is for a game to have good and plentiful endgame and sadly alot of games forget this aspect.
    I'd also like to hear something about crafting because crafting in most MMOs suck to put it mildly. PvE endgame worries me too a bit but if the world is big enough to explore and have some whoah experiences I'm good. Also, I'm really hoping that leveling takes more than 3 days in this game :)

http://youtu.be/Ed2VZXMJo8Y

i think the crafting sounds good, especially for a themepark.

everything else is up in the air at this point IMO other than the graphics, which i think will be very solid for mmo standards.

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Saw the 2nd video and I liked it. Short but promising.

seriously i am curious, at which angle you are looking at while i'm not or missing it? this game looks so much resemble like skyrim (almost a clone) and have a companion following you including the loot method (pause mode). care to share? thanks

This discussion has been closed.