Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, this is pretty ridiculous

Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire AucklandMember Posts: 211 Uncommon

Seems I  have been banned from Scarlet Blade. The reason? "constantly running around naked" I recieved this recently ( I thought it was a forged email and replied to it either way and told them to F off becuase I was using what they provide in the game )

-----------------------------------------------------

From ScarletBlade.EN

We have had complaints that you have been constantly playing the game without any kind of coverings. The "Lingerie Unsealer" is not meant as a way to play the game naked. The description of the item is

"The Lingerie Unsealer unlocks your starting lingerie so it can be removed. Taking off your starting lingerie allows you to put on other lingerie styles that look sexy and give you an HP and SP boost."

The game is not meant to be played without at least some sort of lingerie on your avatar. Please do not play the game totally naked as we recieve complaints from other players.

Thank You,

Aeria Games Support Team

----------------------------------------------------

After I replied to this (quoting the above) I was banned from the game (can no longer login,)

I'm now totally annoyed with this and Aeria Games can stick it. I'm SO glad I never gave them money.

No matter. I get my Guild Wars key tonight. Later.

 

 

 

 

Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXMember Posts: 2,225 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Athena_Starfire
     
    After I replied to this (quoting the above) I was banned from the game (can no longer login,)


     
       

    Could you post your reply? That would likely shed light on the ban.

    It seems pretty obvious you were banned for your reply and not running around naked. Unless, of course, you ran around naked after the warning. 

    [mod edit]

  • URMAKERURMAKER NOLAMember Posts: 648 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by Athena_Starfire
     
    After I replied to this (quoting the above) I was banned from the game (can no longer login,)


     

       

    Could you post your reply? That would likely shed light on the ban.

    It seems pretty obvious you were banned for your reply and not running around naked. Unless, of course, you ran around naked after the warning. 

    [mod edit]

    what? it says planning she was banned for running around naked. 

    image

  • BetakodoBetakodo Poor land, FLMember Posts: 330 Uncommon

    Didn't you have to pay for the unsealer? I thought it was cash shop only. Anyways, I would raise a stink about Aeria not letting people play the game nude if they want to. Probably gets in the way of their pay to fap model.

    I think the biggest issue is that they banned him because they "Got complaints from other players". Really? The game is rated M and it's not known for it's gameplay. I would take this to reddit, youtube and wherever else you can bring down Aeria's name. They really suck as a publisher anyways.

    If you didn't have to p ay for the unsealer, I think it's worth for people to go in and run around naked just to see if they will get banned.

  • Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire AucklandMember Posts: 211 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Betakodo
    Didn't you have to pay for the unsealer? I thought it was cash shop only. Anyways, I would raise a stink about Aeria not letting people play the game nude if they want to. Probably gets in the way of their pay to fap model. I think the biggest issue is that they banned him because they "Got complaints from other players". Really? The game is rated M and it's not known for it's gameplay. I would take this to reddit, youtube and wherever else you can bring down Aeria's name. They really suck as a publisher anyways. If you didn't have to p ay for the unsealer, I think it's worth for people to go in and run around naked just to see if they will get banned.

    I can't be bothered taking time to trash Aeria, I have better things to do. I got the unsealer for doing a 'free casino signup" for 1400 AP

    I have my GW2 key now they (Aeria) can stick it. I CAN assure you I won't be promoting Aeria game to anyone.

     

  • maddog15amaddog15a Independence, MOMember Posts: 83 Uncommon
    Hahaha, wow well this is just hilarious a game that just flat out sells its self on sex and you get band for being naked in it. 
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member Posts: 2,481 Uncommon

    So, they are sending you e-mails, telling you that you are abusing a tool that they put into their own game?  So, you can actually use this tool to become completely naked by means of a designer made tool?  Am I getting that right?  Shouldn't they look into ways to prevent players from becoming completely naked in the first place?  Isn't that a mechanic design flaw?  

     

    For a game that promotes sexually oriented material, you'd think they wouldn't care about this.  I really don't know what to make of it.

  • HellidolHellidol TACOMA, WAMember Posts: 451 Uncommon
    yeah that is hell of funny.....just sayn

    image
  • RyukanRyukan Mason, MIMember Posts: 708 Uncommon

    The irony of this is just...scandalous hehe.

  • someforumguysomeforumguy HomeMember Posts: 3,645 Uncommon

    I am not that surprised. I suspect that the M+ rating, while toons don't show actual nudity, is all just a selling point to attract teens. But at the same time safe enough to not get the wrong attention of authorities. Therefor any behaviour that might lead towards cybersex will not be tolerated.

    Those ratings are kind of silly to begin with if you look at how violence is treated. The whole idea of sex is worse then violence is laughable.

  • dancingstardancingstar LeedsMember Posts: 353 Uncommon

    What's even more surreal is the claim that she was banned after the GMs "received complaints from other players." Let me get this straight -- someone playing a game like this, a game pretty much sold on sexual innuendo and showing off as much skin as the ratings board will let you, complains about seeing naked (save for a few strategically placed scales) characters running around?

  • Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingMember Posts: 3,461 Uncommon
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    So, they are sending you e-mails, telling you that you are abusing a tool that they put into their own game?  So, you can actually use this tool to become completely naked by means of a designer made tool?  Am I getting that right? 

    Even better, check the description OP posted :) you pay for remove the lingerie which "allows you to put on other lingerie styles that look sexy" (Lol), but if you think it only allows, (so it's not mandatory) and don't put on anything, they ban you.

    Man, Aeria is hilarious :)

  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONMember Posts: 1,910 Uncommon
    Aeria Games stole my children and sold them to an auction house in Taiwan. You saw it on a forum, on the internetz. It must be true.
  • l0lquel0lque Corpus Christi, TXMember Posts: 1

    Here's a quote from a Aeria GM posted on a thread talking about this.

    "Lol. Technically, bans are not to be discussed on the forums here. However, since no ban actually took place, we can discuss it. 

    Simply put - this is complete bull-honky. Someone's just looking to stir up some controversy, or maybe get some attention. 

    Either way - Scarlet Blade is a Mature Rated game. It is NOT against the rules to run around naked, and no one has EVER been banned for "constantly running around naked." 

    Still, good for a laugh!" 

    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1969885

  • PurutzilPurutzil Member Posts: 3,048 Uncommon

    Wait... what? No no no no, that can't be real... what? 

     

    I'll try and come back later. I'm to shocked I can't even laugh at something that if true is just hilarious.

  • alakramalakram malagaMember Posts: 2,273 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Athena_Starfire
    Seems I  have been banned from Scarlet Blade. The reason? "constantly running around naked" I recieved this recently ( I thought it was a forged email and replied to it either way and told them to F off becuase I was using what they provide in the game ) ----------------------------------------------------- From ScarletBlade.EN We have had complaints that you have been constantly playing the game without any kind of coverings. The "Lingerie Unsealer" is not meant as a way to play the game naked. The description of the item is "The Lingerie Unsealer unlocks your starting lingerie so it can be removed. Taking off your starting lingerie allows you to put on other lingerie styles that look sexy and give you an HP and SP boost." The game is not meant to be played without at least some sort of lingerie on your avatar. Please do not play the game totally naked as we recieve complaints from other players.

    Thank You,

    Aeria Games Support Team

    ----------------------------------------------------

    After I replied to this (quoting the above) I was banned from the game (can no longer login,)

    I'm now totally annoyed with this and Aeria Games can stick it. I'm SO glad I never gave them money.

    No matter. I get my Guild Wars key tonight. Later.


           

    lol

  • MothanosMothanos MordorMember Posts: 1,909 Uncommon

    Hilarious and sad at the same time.
    Another studio on my ignore list ^^

  • aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLMember Posts: 2,167 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Athena_Starfire
    Seems I  have been banned from Scarlet Blade. The reason? "constantly running around naked" I recieved this recently ( I thought it was a forged email and replied to it either way and told them to F off becuase I was using what they provide in the game ) ----------------------------------------------------- From ScarletBlade.EN We have had complaints that you have been constantly playing the game without any kind of coverings. The "Lingerie Unsealer" is not meant as a way to play the game naked. The description of the item is "The Lingerie Unsealer unlocks your starting lingerie so it can be removed. Taking off your starting lingerie allows you to put on other lingerie styles that look sexy and give you an HP and SP boost." The game is not meant to be played without at least some sort of lingerie on your avatar. Please do not play the game totally naked as we recieve complaints from other players.

    Thank You,

    Aeria Games Support Team

    ----------------------------------------------------

    After I replied to this (quoting the above) I was banned from the game (can no longer login,)

    I'm now totally annoyed with this and Aeria Games can stick it. I'm SO glad I never gave them money.

    No matter. I get my Guild Wars key tonight. Later.


           

     

    which one of their developers working on this project argued that this wouldn't happen?

    "There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

  • mastersomratmastersomrat Saint Charles, MOMember Posts: 368
    While I wouldn't run around naked myself, the game was design for it; thus, he is dong it.  Seems to me if they didn't want this to happen, they wouldn't have put it in the game.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILMember Posts: 6,403

    Ooh, hey, the daily SB thread. If no actual controversy exists, just make something up.

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • hfztthfztt GlostrupMember Posts: 1,109 Uncommon

    Screen shots or it didnt happen...

    :p

    I mean...

    NM...

  • PieRadPieRad Odense MMember Posts: 1,108

    I got banned from League of legends for doing too many pentakills.

    I got this email....

     

    ------

    Hello Summoner

    We have received complaints that you do pentakills several times a day, this is seen as harassment and is not allowed, please read our "You're too good at the game and should let others win sometimes" ruleset.

    Because of several warnings regarding this, we are forced to remove you from the game.

    (Account name) banned until  05/22/2033.

    Thank you for understanding, and thank for your money.

     

    League of Legends support.

    -----

     

    I hate Riot! image

    image

  • Pale_FirePale_Fire San Antonio, TXMember Posts: 360 Uncommon
    Justice.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member Posts: 2,483 Uncommon

    This coming from a company throwing kid-porn around here?

    How ironical.

    "Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 La Crosse, WIMember Posts: 158

    I know of sites where people blast people who report. I think it's very evil someone is able to report someone for example "running around naked." I'm a prepper and that's not someone I would support nor care about.

     

    These are the kind of people I wish something would be done about...permanently. I've read that one of the new games coming out has a Strikes system where you get a strike both for reporting someone and the reported person. Makes reports more meaningful.

     

    It's about time someone taught reporters a lesson. Who is so priviledged as to report someone for running around naked.

     

    I have a weapon system over the doorway to my house w/ the firing pin out and people "report me" all the time. Then I get the phone call from the police...which is nothing more then a "hey we got a call...."

     

    It really seems someone should quell the reporters or at least the number of them. I added a few known reporters in DCUO to one of the reporting websites just to blast their names.

    image

    I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLMember Posts: 2,059

    This would be the equivalent of someone getting banned in a Final Fantasy game for riding a chocobo.  This is completely ridiculously.  Shame on you Aeria Games.

    image

    Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:
    image

«1
This discussion has been closed.