Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pervy is not cute when little kids are around

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by akiira69
    Originally posted by Rocketeer
    Originally posted by gekido

Here is a question for you: How would you be able to confirm if someone is actually 18 years of age or older? The internet is the easiest place to lie about everything. You can lie about your age, race, gender, religious teachings, political ideology, hell even where you live. There is no serious way to confirm anything in an online setting. So how would you confirm something that is impossible to confirm?

It's impossible.  This is a thread to complain for the sake of complaining.

Kind of like those lazy *** people that sit around all day and complain about worldly events.  They wouldn't even know where to begin to have an effect on the outcome of the situations, but that sure as hell doesn't stop them from being experts.

In my country it infact is possible(germany), infact its even pretty easy and there are several ways. I had to go through the process twice recently.

Once to register a certified email adress that lets me access government related stuff and has all the legal power of signed postal mail letter. The other time when i registered for a local movie streaming service to access 18 rated movies(horror etc, its not one of THOSE movie services, violent movies get on the 18 list FAST here).

Anyway the process is pretty simple. You register with the service you want via internet, enter name adress, age, etc. They then send you mail via a postal service with your data pre printed on it. With that you go to your nearest postal service station, they scan the barcode on the letter and find it in their system. Then the post person asks for your passport and checks wether the information on the preprinted thingy are correct(not just the age, address, nam, everything). If they are it gets countersigned by them, and THEY will deliver it back to the service provider where you applied.

This has several advantages, its not only a age verification system, its also a identity verification system thats alot more reliable than a CC number which really doesn't prove anything but that you have had somehow access to it at some point in time.

Legally the government mail thingy is also usable as age/identity verification since it is based on the process above and thus inherits the information(its also has two factor authentication and you can't mess with your mail history, so slim chance to use daddies address and gettign away without him noticing). Also even if you somehow get into the system, misusing this to misrepresent your identity is a federal crime. Its on a WHOLE different level than just lieing about your age to some company.

Imho its a pretty neat system, comes pretty handy at times to be able to actually prove that you are who you claim to be on the internet, especially in regards to online banking or contractual stuff.

Im 32 years old(yes this is my real age) I dont own a passport and I never will own a passport. So there goes your idea out the window. In Germany they might monitor you mail history but if the US Government tried to do they you would have Pirvacy Groups filling lawsuits before the ink on the legal document even dried. THere goes another idea out the window. Also the postal official in the US cannot legally ask you for anything, hell the one in my neighborhood wont even give me my mail i have to wait for him/her to put it in my mail box before I can get it. Like you we also have UPS and FedEx but they dont ask for proof of anything they ask if you live at the address and give you what ever package they need to deliver so said address. So there goes another idea out the window. Your running out plausable ideas even though they are decent idea's.

1. But you could get an passport if you wanted one, like if it was needed to verify your identity for a service you wanted.

2. Germany doesn't monitor mail history. They monitor a certain certified digital mail service. They have too since the recipent doesn't has a physical letter with your signature on it. If the government wouldn't monitor it, you could just pretend you never send that letter and say the recipent made the stuff up. In other words we would be back to digital mails having no legal power since they are not proveable.

3. Postal service in germany don't ASK you something. You ask them to verify your identity to the recipent of the letter you just handed them. Its a service, and your initiating it.

4. UPS and FedEX will ask for verification in my country if the sender requires it. Even if your living at the address and claim to be the recipent. They will keep politely asking for verification before handing off the letter or package. Of course you don't HAVE to give them your verification, just as they don't HAVE to give you the package/letter.

From point 3 onward it isn't even about laws, you could regulate that with company policies alone. What you need in your country is a DEMAND for it, once there is a DEMAND corporation will aim to fill it and ask the legislature for help in doing so.

Considering the difference in our postal systems i don't think they would be a viable choice as a identification 3rd party. But for example the same procedure could be just as well done with your bank. You get a legal letter with your data as you entered on it, you go with it to your bank, they verify you are you and basicly send a "OK" to the service provider and charge him 10$ for it or something.

Another way would be using notary services, i know you have those aswell, more expensive but certainly possible. Police stations could potentially be used aswell, and aslong as YOU are asking them to identify YOURSELF to XY there isn't a privacy problem either. Charge something for it and the state even gets some nice money out of it.

In Germany that might be true about no privacy concerns but in the US the Privacy Groups have a bit more bite to their bark. Let me give you a recent example from where I live. In California the State Government tried to pass a law that would have all of a persons personal info before stored on their State ID to try to prevent teenagers from creating fake ID's to get beer and cigarette's. Two Days after this info hit the news media several privacy groups started filling lawsuits against the state legislature to prevent the law from being passed. Needless to say it didnt pass at all. At the federal level Hollywood and some video game developers tried to pass a law called SOPA(Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA(Protect Intellectual Property Act). Which after an out cry from privacy groups and some major coorperations never became law. If a Video Game Developer in the US tried to make it so you had to have a Passport to play a game, the game would never be released in the US because the Privacy Groups would stop it from happening.

Thats cute. Strange how we have actually more privacy laws here in germany(europe generally) and it works fine. Actually its the US companies which repeatedly run foul of our privacy laws.

The difference is your not required to have a passport to play a game, you are required to identify yourself if the service is age restricted so that the company doesn't accidentially break the law by giving a minor access. That identification in most civilized countires happens via passports, infact they are so common that you require them if you want to enter a different country than your own.

So you don't have a passport, how would you go about buying a slip of land in say canada? Answer: you can't. Some things simply require identification, things like traveling abroad or getting a gun(i hope you need identification for that ...). ANY means of identification is automatically by its nature a breach of privacy. For example it sure sucks that the revenue department has such an easy time identifying me.

What we are talking about is making the already existing means of identification, the ones your government already has(and needs, to tax you for example), accessible to private entitites upon your direct request. If there are privacy groups in your country who have a problem with that they are none to bright, since that information belongs to you, and its your prerogative to share it with anyone you chose too.

I mean comeon, think about it. This isn't too hard and doesn't require you to thrash, burn and rewrite your constitution. Just a little thinking outside the box.

1. You enter your information in some form on a service providers webpage.

2. They send you a physical mail with that information and a big question mark on it.

3. You go to your local policestation, they check the information via whatever means they use to check wether or not your an illegal mexican alien or something and then they put a big fat stamp on it and charge you 5 dollars so its not going out of the taxpayers pocket.

4. You send the stamped and now official letter back to the company.

Not quite as secure, but its a start. Take it to the 21 century and have the policestation keep a digital copy that can be automatically crosschecked via some anonymized way and your set(like creating a hash from the document and asking wether hash nr xyz is a valid document).

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    Second Life already does this if you want to access Adult/Mature only sims.

And it's a sandbox. Should be a win-win for the MMORPG.com forum crowd.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by gekido

Here is a question for you: How would you be able to confirm if someone is actually 18 years of age or older? The internet is the easiest place to lie about everything. You can lie about your age, race, gender, religious teachings, political ideology, hell even where you live. There is no serious way to confirm anything in an online setting. So how would you confirm something that is impossible to confirm?

It's impossible.  This is a thread to complain for the sake of complaining.

Kind of like those lazy *** people that sit around all day and complain about worldly events.  They wouldn't even know where to begin to have an effect on the outcome of the situations, but that sure as hell doesn't stop them from being experts.

In my country it infact is possible(germany), infact its even pretty easy and there are several ways. I had to go through the process twice recently.

Once to register a certified email adress that lets me access government related stuff and has all the legal power of signed postal mail letter. The other time when i registered for a local movie streaming service to access 18 rated movies(horror etc, its not one of THOSE movie services, violent movies get on the 18 list FAST here).

Anyway the process is pretty simple. You register with the service you want via internet, enter name adress, age, etc. They then send you mail via a postal service with your data pre printed on it. With that you go to your nearest postal service station, they scan the barcode on the letter and find it in their system. Then the post person asks for your passport and checks wether the information on the preprinted thingy are correct(not just the age, address, nam, everything). If they are it gets countersigned by them, and THEY will deliver it back to the service provider where you applied.

This has several advantages, its not only a age verification system, its also a identity verification system thats alot more reliable than a CC number which really doesn't prove anything but that you have had somehow access to it at some point in time.

Legally the government mail thingy is also usable as age/identity verification since it is based on the process above and thus inherits the information(its also has two factor authentication and you can't mess with your mail history, so slim chance to use daddies address and gettign away without him noticing). Also even if you somehow get into the system, misusing this to misrepresent your identity is a federal crime. Its on a WHOLE different level than just lieing about your age to some company.

Imho its a pretty neat system, comes pretty handy at times to be able to actually prove that you are who you claim to be on the internet, especially in regards to online banking or contractual stuff.

Im 32 years old(yes this is my real age) I dont own a passport and I never will own a passport. So there goes your idea out the window. In Germany they might monitor you mail history but if the US Government tried to do they you would have Pirvacy Groups filling lawsuits before the ink on the legal document even dried. THere goes another idea out the window. Also the postal official in the US cannot legally ask you for anything, hell the one in my neighborhood wont even give me my mail i have to wait for him/her to put it in my mail box before I can get it. Like you we also have UPS and FedEx but they dont ask for proof of anything they ask if you live at the address and give you what ever package they need to deliver so said address. So there goes another idea out the window. Your running out plausable ideas even though they are decent idea's.

1. But you could get an passport if you wanted one, like if it was needed to verify your identity for a service you wanted.

2. Germany doesn't monitor mail history. They monitor a certain certified digital mail service. They have too since the recipent doesn't has a physical letter with your signature on it. If the government wouldn't monitor it, you could just pretend you never send that letter and say the recipent made the stuff up. In other words we would be back to digital mails having no legal power since they are not proveable.

3. Postal service in germany don't ASK you something. You ask them to verify your identity to the recipent of the letter you just handed them. Its a service, and your initiating it.

4. UPS and FedEX will ask for verification in my country if the sender requires it. Even if your living at the address and claim to be the recipent. They will keep politely asking for verification before handing off the letter or package. Of course you don't HAVE to give them your verification, just as they don't HAVE to give you the package/letter.

From point 3 onward it isn't even about laws, you could regulate that with company policies alone. What you need in your country is a DEMAND for it, once there is a DEMAND corporation will aim to fill it and ask the legislature for help in doing so.

Considering the difference in our postal systems i don't think they would be a viable choice as a identification 3rd party. But for example the same procedure could be just as well done with your bank. You get a legal letter with your data as you entered on it, you go with it to your bank, they verify you are you and basicly send a "OK" to the service provider and charge him 10$ for it or something.

Another way would be using notary services, i know you have those aswell, more expensive but certainly possible. Police stations could potentially be used aswell, and aslong as YOU are asking them to identify YOURSELF to XY there isn't a privacy problem either. Charge something for it and the state even gets some nice money out of it.

In Germany that might be true about no privacy concerns but in the US the Privacy Groups have a bit more bite to their bark. Let me give you a recent example from where I live. In California the State Government tried to pass a law that would have all of a persons personal info before stored on their State ID to try to prevent teenagers from creating fake ID's to get beer and cigarette's. Two Days after this info hit the news media several privacy groups started filling lawsuits against the state legislature to prevent the law from being passed. Needless to say it didnt pass at all. At the federal level Hollywood and some video game developers tried to pass a law called SOPA(Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA(Protect Intellectual Property Act). Which after an out cry from privacy groups and some major coorperations never became law. If a Video Game Developer in the US tried to make it so you had to have a Passport to play a game, the game would never be released in the US because the Privacy Groups would stop it from happening.

Thats cute. Strange how we have actually more privacy laws here in germany(europe generally) and it works fine. Actually its the US companies which repeatedly run foul of our privacy laws.

The difference is your not required to have a passport to play a game, you are required to identify yourself if the service is age restricted so that the company doesn't accidentially break the law by giving a minor access. That identification in most civilized countires happens via passports, infact they are so common that you require them if you want to enter a different country than your own.

So you don't have a passport, how would you go about buying a slip of land in say canada? Answer: you can't. Some things simply require identification, things like traveling abroad or getting a gun(i hope you need identification for that ...). ANY means of identification is automatically by its nature a breach of privacy. For example it sure sucks that the revenue department has such an easy time identifying me.

What we are talking about is making the already existing means of identification, the ones your government already has(and needs, to tax you for example), accessible to private entitites upon your direct request. If there are privacy groups in your country who have a problem with that they are none to bright, since that information belongs to you, and its your prerogative to share it with anyone you chose too.

I mean comeon, think about it. This isn't too hard and doesn't require you to thrash, burn and rewrite your constitution. Just a little thinking outside the box.

1. You enter your information in some form on a service providers webpage.

2. They send you a physical mail with that information and a big question mark on it.

3. You go to your local policestation, they check the information via whatever means they use to check wether or not your an illegal mexican alien or something and then they put a big fat stamp on it and charge you 5 dollars so its not going out of the taxpayers pocket.

4. You send the stamped and now official letter back to the company.

Not quite as secure, but its a start. Take it to the 21 century and have the policestation keep a digital copy that can be automatically crosschecked via some anonymized way and your set(like creating a hash from the document and asking wether hash nr xyz is a valid document).

Interesting idea but it wont work in the US. If I tried to go to the Police Station in the US the only thing I would get is "we do not provide this service, if you dont have a crime to report please leave." Hell I couldnt get their help to stop a Telemarketer from cold calling me at all hours in the day. Also it isnt the Police in the US that check your status as a US Citizen it is the DHS(Department of Homeland Security) and ICE(Imigration and Customs Enforcement) that do this, and the Federal Agency that deals with online laws is the Secret Service. You have to take in to account that not all countries have the same laws when it comes to verifying ones age.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Interesting idea but it wont work in the US. If I tried to go to the Police Station in the US the only thing I would get is "we do not provide this service, if you dont have a crime to report please leave." Hell I couldnt get their help to stop a Telemarketer from cold calling me at all hours in the day. Also it isnt the Police in the US that check your status as a US Citizen it is the DHS(Department of Homeland Security) and ICE(Imigration and Customs Enforcement) that do this, and the Federal Agency that deals with online laws is the Secret Service. You have to take in to account that not all countries have the same laws when it comes to verifying ones age.

Yes thats exactly what i mean. YOU have to think outside of the box, not I. I already have a working age verification system. Instead of parroting politicians(apparently nothing that works in some other country, can ever work in ones own country, atleast thats what our politicians tell us), adapt what works elsewhere so it works for you.

We use the postal service because in germany its a trusted instance. Theoretically it could just aswell be a church, a youth center, police stations, phone providers, oprah, i don't care. You just need a third party that confirms your identity, a third party thats at a glance reliable enough that nobody will blame the company if it turns out it was a lie/trick.

Which 3rd party that is will indeed differ from country to country, but surely there is atleast a single entity in your country thats somewhat reliable and trustworthy and willing to vouch for your if provided legal documents? If not, then yeah ... not all countries are created equal.

Though personally i think its not the parents job to make sure companies don't break the law by providing age restricted services to minors. Making sure the law is upheld is the police job, the parents job is to properly educate their offspring regarding the error of their ways.

Its just stupid to expect two people who need 5 jobs between them just to keep their family fed and under a roof to also place their kids under a 24hr surveillance. Hows that even supposed to be possible? Maybe if your a rich politician whose wife doesn't have to work and has 2 maids looking after the kids, you know the kind who complains proudly on TV how much of a fulltime job being a mother is(and imho spits into the eyes of those women who are mother AND have a fulltime job).

Yes thats exactly what i mean. YOU have to think outside of the box, not I. I already have a working age verification system. Instead of parroting politicians(apparently nothing that works in some other country, can ever work in ones own country, atleast thats what our politicians tell us), adapt what works elsewhere so it works for you.

We use the postal service because in germany its a trusted instance. Theoretically it could just aswell be a church, a youth center, police stations, phone providers, oprah, i don't care. You just need a third party that confirms your identity, a third party thats at a glance reliable enough that nobody will blame the company if it turns out it was a lie/trick.

Which 3rd party that is will indeed differ from country to country, but surely there is atleast a single entity in your country thats somewhat reliable and trustworthy and willing to vouch for your if provided legal documents? If not, then yeah ... not all countries are created equal.

Though personally i think its not the parents job to make sure companies don't break the law by providing age restricted services to minors. Making sure the law is upheld is the police job, the parents job is to properly educate their offspring regarding the error of their ways.

Its just stupid to expect two people who need 5 jobs between them just to keep their family fed and under a roof to also place their kids under a 24hr surveillance. Hows that even supposed to be possible? Maybe if your a rich politician whose wife doesn't have to work and has 2 maids looking after the kids, you know the kind who complains proudly on TV how much of a fulltime job being a mother is(and imho spits into the eyes of those women who are mother AND have a fulltime job).

im not parroting political babble i am stating facts. there is no service in the US that provides this type of service. In the US it used to be you must be 18 years old to play a MMO because you had to be 18 to get a credit card, but that all changed with the advent of Game Time Cards and Free to Play Games. To buy phyiscal copies of games at stores like Target or GameStop that are rated Mature you must provide a valid State ID or Drivers License that SHow you are atleast 18. But this game is Free to Play so there is no physical copy, so that rules out an ID of any sort.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

im not parroting political babble i am stating facts. there is no service in the US that provides this type of service. In the US it used to be you must be 18 years old to play a MMO because you had to be 18 to get a credit card, but that all changed with the advent of Game Time Cards and Free to Play Games. To buy phyiscal copies of games at stores like Target or GameStop that are rated Mature you must provide a valid State ID or Drivers License that SHow you are atleast 18. But this game is Free to Play so there is no physical copy, so that rules out an ID of any sort.

I know there is no service of this kind in the U.S., just like there wasn't a service of this kind in germany a couple years back. If you need something that doesn't exist you create it. Do you think you people got to the moon by saying "Oh there isn't any rocket for this, lets go sulk in the corner"?

Maybe this is a cultural difference, but here in germany we don't sit back if we perceive a situation as less than ideal. We put pressure on our politicians and expect them to solve problems, even if its painful or hard. Like how public pressure forced government to get out of nuclear power even though the government was in favour of it, they asked us if we really wanted to do it, knowing that energy prices would rise and it would cost us an estimated trillion of $ to change our energy infrastructure. And we said yes(60%+ in favour according to polls). Thats like the republicans outlawing weapons in US, yet they knew it was either give in or go down hard the next elections.

These age verification thing is the same. Its not about getting access to games easier, you already have easy access. Its about making access harder/impossible to those that are deemed to young by society(and law). Scarlet Blade will launch in germany and in the US, yet it won't be an issue here.

Though tbh from what i have seen of the game it will probably get a 12-16 rating tops here, much to the chagrin of the publisher i'd believe.

Fun fact of the week, did you know that flashing in germany is only a crime if performed by a man? Women can flash everything they got to anyone they like and the most they get is a small fine for disturbing the public order(depending on city, many do not fine at all). Isn't that great? We also got full nudity public beaches. I swear if we had better weather people would come to germany to spend the summer from all over the world.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

To be perfectly frank this sounds like a huge rigmarole for simply watching movies, I wonder what effect that system has on piracy statistics.  Its also a huge mess to sort out just to play an ever so slightly suggestive game.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    100% YES! 

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

Originally posted by Garkan

To be perfectly frank this sounds like a huge rigmarole for simply watching movies, I wonder what effect that system has on piracy statistics.  Its also a huge mess to sort out just to play an ever so slightly suggestive game.

I agree, and i was pissed when i had to go through it. I was in fact thinking "why can't my country handle this in a more relaxed way like other countries".

That being said, apparently people from countries without such a system ain't to happy with the thought of having children access these things either. For example in germany it would be possible to have a game or single server of a game just for adults, if you want something like this to be atleast possible you need the infrastructure for it. But yeah, mostly its just a bother. However something being non pleasant is different from something being impossible.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus
    Originally posted by jesteralways

in western rpg(wow or rift or DDo or eq)  gnome or dwarf or halfling existst without the notion "pedophilia" but in any eastern rpg game if similar race or character type exists (like those 2 chillike races in tera or bns or even this whipper you guys are talking about) you people just jump with your "pedophilia" bandwagon. hipocricy seems like a natural thing in today's gamers. 

on topic of poll i voted "yes", there are plenty of ways to check for maturity like asking to submit a digital copy of birth certificate. this thing is being done by many SEA publishers. of course they can just give out their parents certificate but then the entire blame is on parents.  

What?  Those to examples are not even remotely comparable. 

=))))))))))))))))

Totally does not look like a toddler with tits, right?

Don't even get me started on halflings whom in most fiction look like pre-teens with tits.

The denial with people these days is strong.

thank you for understanding my point. i also wanted to post a pic like this but felt kinda disgusted, i never play gnome or dwarf or halfling or wood elf in any rpg for the same reason. amazing how people keep bashing eastern developers if their games have the same thing but forget that this exists in western games too.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus

in western rpg(wow or rift or DDo or eq)  gnome or dwarf or halfling existst without the notion "pedophilia" but in any eastern rpg game if similar race or character type exists (like those 2 chillike races in tera or bns or even this whipper you guys are talking about) you people just jump with your "pedophilia" bandwagon. hipocricy seems like a natural thing in today's gamers. 

on topic of poll i voted "yes", there are plenty of ways to check for maturity like asking to submit a digital copy of birth certificate. this thing is being done by many SEA publishers. of course they can just give out their parents certificate but then the entire blame is on parents.  

What?  Those to examples are not even remotely comparable. 

=))))))))))))))))

Totally does not look like a toddler with tits, right?

Don't even get me started on halflings whom in most fiction look like pre-teens with tits.

The denial with people these days is strong.

thank you for understanding my point. i also wanted to post a pic like this but felt kinda disgusted, i never play gnome or dwarf or halfling or wood elf in any rpg for the same reason. amazing how people keep bashing eastern developers if their games have the same thing but forget that this exists in western games too.

It's simple really: In the east they're made to look outright sexy, in the west they're made to be cute/flirty... most people only pick up the cute bits.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    There is this new thing on the internet. It's called free porn. Thousands of terabytes of it. Feel free to send emails to them all. Explaining how you want them to babysit your kids for you. Let me know how that works out.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by free2play
    There is this new thing on the internet. It's called free porn. Thousands of terabytes of it. Feel free to send emails to them all. Explaining how you want them to babysit your kids for you. Let me know how that works out.

Porn sites aren't generally advertising in places where kids are expected to go.  Plenty of kids go to this site, however, and get to see the scarlet blade porn ads for several days at a time.

You make me like charity

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Dude, asians are really weird.  If you weren't aware of this, stick around youtube for a while.  Those people are the weirdest people I've ever known.  Tentacle rape porn, porn talk shows, the sticky finger, showing boobs but blocking out vagina, sniffing asses, child worship that is borderline pedophilia, rape,  and so much more weird ass shit.  Their sexuality is out in the open for everyone to see.  They literally have zero shame.  It's their culture to be freaking weirdo's.  I'm not saying that are ALL like that, but you don't generally see behavior like that from other people.  

If you don't like it, stay clear of asian things.  I won't touch an asian MMO.  I have only liked a few anime's, Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll.  Everything else I steer clear of, because I know I'm going to see something that makes me shake my head.  

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Porn sites aren't generally advertising in places where kids are expected to go.  Plenty of kids go to this site, however, and get to see the scarlet blade porn ads for several days at a time.

Get over it, you have a straw man argument.

Kids don't play MMO's. Any MMO's. More over, they aren't spending money in them. They don't have any.

This site has 181 people logged in. I'd bet money not one of them is a kid.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Dude, asians are really weird.  If you weren't aware of this, stick around youtube for a while.  Those people are the weirdest people I've ever known.  Tentacle rape porn, porn talk shows, the sticky finger, showing boobs but blocking out vagina, sniffing asses, child worship that is borderline pedophilia, rape,  and so much more weird ass shit.  Their sexuality is out in the open for everyone to see.  They literally have zero shame.  It's their culture to be freaking weirdo's.  I'm not saying that are ALL like that, but you don't generally see behavior like that from other people.  

If you don't like it, stay clear of asian things.  I won't touch an asian MMO.  I have only liked a few anime's, Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll.  Everything else I steer clear of, because I know I'm going to see something that makes me shake my head.  

The frag . . .

You generalise the cultures (plural) of an entire continent with a ten-figure population based on the most extreme examples of porn from one or two countries. How would you feel if I were to do the same thing about the USA? And you seriously cite YouTube as evidence for anything?

FYI tentacle porn in its modern form was specifically created as a reaction to some of the oddities of Japanese pornography / censorship laws, themselves sometimes said to be a result of picking a fight with a country founded by a gang of Puritans and losing.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Dude, asians are really weird.  

I have only liked a few anime's, Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll.  Everything else I steer clear of, because I know I'm going to see something that makes me shake my head.  

Wow... that first part was a bit harsh on them...

But to be more constructive, you could check the Ghibli works (mainly Miyazaki or Takahata), maybe Otomo too, or  Mamoru Oshii... there are truckload of awesome animes which are fit for the western eyes too.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Kids don't play MMO's. Any MMO's. More over, they aren't spending money in them. They don't have any.

right...

You make me like charity

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Razperil
    Originally posted by Toxia

Why not worry about your kids, and let me worry about mine. That's the issue these days, people nosing around where it's none of their business. If their parents are not bothered by it, why would you even care?

My little brother of 12 plays call of duty, and has probably seen more porn than i have. He makes wonderful grades in school, has plenty of friends, doesn't do drugs, and has a vocabularly that shocks me everyday with the depth he seems to have a grasp on it.

As such, he is allowed to do what he pleases. He's tried both ciggarrettes and alcohol in his life, was quite discusted by them and now know's he doesn't want to do that ever when he gets to the age where society deems he should be able to. He doesn't hide anything from our parents or myself, and is not afraid to ask about something he doesn't know anything about.

He has two guns, a rifle and a handgun, has been certified and knows the dangers of them

I was raised the same, and am a successful father who doesn't cheat, have my own clear cut ideas on what i want out of life, have been married almost 7 years this year, straight out of highschool with a woman i love, who treats me right and respects the man I am.

Stop sheltering your fucking kids, idiots. They are going to be exposed to all these things that offend you so very much at one point or another.  Keep telling them no, it'll only make them want it more.

He's 12 and has both has been allowed to drink and smoke? Your parents are morons and they are the biggest cause of why kids do what they do. He also has guns at his age? Your parents should be slapped hard! They are a disgrace to parenting and if anything happens to that boy, it's their own pathetic doing.

As far as you, you're just as bad as your parents are. Who cares if you are with someone for however many years and yadda, yadda, yadda. You'll do the same exact thing with your kids and you're not any better than your own parents are.

You spoke of people worrying about other parents kids, etc, etc, etc;  take your own advice and don't worry wether or not people feel like "sheltering" their children from people like you and your parents. Heck, I honestly despise people like you and your parents. So good job on achieving that. (I know, tempt ban for flaming. Well worth it). :)

I see alot of complaining and no reasoning here. But i'll bite.

We weren't sheltered from these things, so we turned out to be BETTER adults. When our parents felt we could make adequate decisions, they let us make them. Remember being 13 and wanting to do something and your parents going "You're too young for that". Teens want to be adults. They want to be treated like adults. Let them make their own decisions dude, else as soon as they turn 18 and move out, they go wild with all these things they 'weren't old enough ' for. This is when you find your 21 year old son with alcohol poisoning in his apartment(Common thing btw). Whereas in our family, we were SUPERVISED doing these things. I didn't go out partying when i turned 21, just to smash my car into some poor fellow and kill him and be sent to jail(Common thing btw). I tried it in a controlled enviroment, under the supervision of my father. Getting up the next morning with that hangover, still being forced to do my chores out in the heat, cutting the grass, because (My dad:) "You wanted to be an adult last night, adults have to keep up with responsibilities as well as their fun" really set it in my mind that alcohol just wasn't for me.

So, you go on and tell me i'm a shit parent and my parent's are shit parents. I'm not the one on the internet calling your parents dumb for doing what they do, you are. Perhaps if they'd raised you right, you'd find that even though you are hiding behind a silly screenname, you should try and treat people with respect.

But hey, you have my reasoning now. I'd be delighted to hear why you think what you do about my parents.

EDIT: More food for thought, something a little more down to earth and away from alcohol and all that, and something far more common. The law(IE:society) says you arent allowed to drive until you have a license. Guess what age group wrecks cars the most. 18-24. Hence why prices on insuring young drivers is so high.

Guess what my dad(and many others where i'm from) did? He took my teenage butt down a backroad twice a week when he wasn't busting his ass at work and taught me to drive. He did this for years.

I have never wrecked a car. Ever.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    This game is pretty good, in any case, don't play it with your kids around. Adult games/mmos should NOT be restricted because of bad parents. End of story. That really pisses me off.
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by assault3hro
    This game is pretty good, in any case, don't play it with your kids around. Adult games/mmos should NOT be restricted because of bad parents. End of story. That really pisses me off
    agree, and if protection of children is their priority, ADULT GAMES would be the last on my list
    how about guns, cars, smoking,drugs,,theyre far more dangerous, than a pair of cartoon boobs
  • BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

I thought the age gate on pornosites did a good job of keeping kids out, we should use those.

Jokes aside, like with porn sites, how do you expect companies to ensure everyone is not a kid? Require the typing in of a credit card everytime? That leaves open the potential for card theft, and besides lots of these kids probably already had sex with their school mates and are on their way to a pregnancy (Not kidding). I think the game would help keep virgins.

Originally posted by Betakodo

I thought the age gate on pornosites did a good job of keeping kids out, we should use those.

Jokes aside, like with porn sites, how do you expect companies to ensure everyone is not a kid? Require the typing in of a credit card everytime? That leaves open the potential for card theft, and besides lots of these kids probably already had sex with their school mates and are on their way to a pregnancy (Not kidding). I think the game would help keep virgins.

WoW. No offense but sometimes you can tell just by looking at a post its from a american. Again, no offense or anything wrong with being a american, but your culture is not exactly the norm in western civilizations. In Europe we have mandatory sex Ed in 5th-6th class, so about 11 year olds. And we don't go batshit crazy just because a couple kids might see some tits on TV or some smut magazines either. Infact the Bravo, a young teen magazine regularly features models with FULL frontal nudity(no pixels or holding hands infront), male and female in its middle part.

Suffice to say, unwanted teen pregnancies are rather uncommon here compared to overseas, cause you know, we kinda make a point of telling them how babies get made before they start experimenting with each other.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by Toxia

Why not worry about your kids, and let me worry about mine. That's the issue these days, people nosing around where it's none of their business. If their parents are not bothered by it, why would you even care?

My little brother of 12 plays call of duty, and has probably seen more porn than i have. He makes wonderful grades in school, has plenty of friends, doesn't do drugs, and has a vocabularly that shocks me everyday with the depth he seems to have a grasp on it.

As such, he is allowed to do what he pleases. He's tried both ciggarrettes and alcohol in his life, was quite discusted by them and now know's he doesn't want to do that ever when he gets to the age where society deems he should be able to. He doesn't hide anything from our parents or myself, and is not afraid to ask about something he doesn't know anything about.

He has two guns, a rifle and a handgun, has been certified and knows the dangers of them

I was raised the same, and am a successful father who doesn't cheat, have my own clear cut ideas on what i want out of life, have been married almost 7 years this year, straight out of highschool with a woman i love, who treats me right and respects the man I am.

Stop sheltering your fucking kids, idiots. They are going to be exposed to all these things that offend you so very much at one point or another.  Keep telling them no, it'll only make them want it more.

Stop using logic in threads as narrow minded as this, you're going to confuse and anger people.

I love how you can make a definitive answer like this based on ZERO factual evidence. If kids dont play MMO's then whos playing the children MMO's: Pirates of the Caribean Online, Hello Kitty World, Fusion Fall, Toon Town, Star Wars the Clone Wars, Free Realms, Wizard 101, Pirate 101? All of these games are developed for CHILDREN to play. Also in my WOW Guild the Guild Leaders Grand Children also play and they are 6 and 8. So please tell me how you assume that Kids dont play MMO's.