Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Whats left? I'm tired.

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Well, were fast approaching the end of the ride. So, what is left? What do we want to see? What type of information would you like to see before the KS ends?

For me:
1. Unveil the Authurs

2. Unveil all launch class rough concepts/ideas including BSC Stealth. At this point we have no idea how tanks, dps, or healers will work since they are all being refined for a PVP game. That is scary for a lot of people who may be on the fence about the KS.

3. Talk about the monthly sub concepts. Also scary for people on the fence.

4. Talk about Water system. I dream of battling a guild named RIver Rats to protect my barge!

5. RVR/Combat Specifics. Again, scary for fence sitters (given they are brave and well balanced, sitting on a fence is both risky and difficult).

6. What do Dragons do/more lore info? To quote Brian, "Not cool man, not cool", this genre lives for dragons, (Walken voice) I gotta have more Dragon...info.

7. Will we see Dev interaction with the players in game? That would simply be cool. Storms have been mentioned for balance, but I wanna get owned by a giant dev dragon or godly warrior!

8. This one is probably the single most important thing to a certain niche among our niche...will we be able to sit...in chairs!? It's...it's been so long, so, so long...

9. How will Inns/Taverns work? Like SWG? Social hub, dancing, drinks, music, healing, buffs, mini games? This one is my personal bias. I recognize how much they added to the SWG community, they became the social hub, the glue. You could log on and find an empty server, but that tavern was still rockin. EVE merely mentioned adding such a feature, and fans haven't stopped begging for it non-stop for years.

So, what are you waiting for? What do you want to see in the next 9 days?

I think thats it, man I'm spent, and I didn't even do anything other than read and anticipate. I can't imagine how the CU Crew is feeling. When this is all said and done, win or lose, they deserve a pizza party, with ice cream and cake for dessert!

Comments

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Toronto, ONPosts: 263Member

0 naval combat. waist deep at best.

healers will heal people. dps will damage stuff. tanks will do tanky things.

I doubt there will be dev events like GOA did for DAOC. which is for the best, based on said events

Eldritch, Nightshade, Warden, Druid, Mauler, Mentalist
    Sorcerer, Necromancer, Theurgist, Armsman, Cleric
    Healer, Warrior, Skald

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    • Classes. Anything you can give us. Some information has been scattered in posts on various forums, but put it all together in one official update with even more specifics that we've never seen before. Specific class names... What specific weapons different specific classes can use... How does speccing work... How exactly will getting better with a weapon the more you use it work...
    • Races. Show us more. What are their starting stats... Will races be limited to certain classes... Will there be racial abilities...
    • Stats. What are the stat bonuses in the game... Will you be able to customize them at character creation... Will they increase each time you level... If so, will it be automatic or will you be able to allocate new stat points as you want and will you be able to respec them... Will gear have stat bonuses... If so, will there be spellcrafting or a similar system to customize the stats on your gear...
    • Progression. This is the big one for me. What abilities will you be able to gain or train from leveling in RvR... Will different classes and/or races have different RvR abilities to choose from... How fast will you level... How long will it take to reach the level cap (if any)... What actions will give you RvR xp (just kills or also healing, taking or destroying buildings, rezzing, etc.)...
    • The map. Another big one. I've seen it mentioned that the map will be huge, there will be little or no fast travel, and there won't be permanent non-player created keeps. What will it actually look like... If I login and want to play for an hour or two and just want to engage in combat, how much of that time will be taken up traveling... Will you be able to go underwater in rivers and oceans (please say no)... Will there be a lot of one way cliffs that are "too steep to climb"... Will veil storms be random or location based and therefore able to be avoided once you learn them...
    • RvR. Yet another big one. What is the meta-game... In DAOC it was relics and keeps. In CU, what is it... How will we know we are winning... What do we gain by advancing and building deep in enemy territory... Is there any kind of win condition that causes a realm to be declared the winner followed by a reset...
    • Stretch goals. It's late and mostly a moot point, but what are the dollar values that must be achieved to earn the extra race and class and The Depths at release... If somehow this funds and mega dollars start pouring in from the PayPal folks, will there be any goals after The Depths...
    • Crafting. Exactly how will the crafting of gear work... What will make gear created by one crafter different from that created by another crafter... If the most veteran crafters make the best gear, what will be the market for gear created by less experienced crafters... Will The Depths gear basically be required because it is best in the game (until it is surpassed by gear created in the dragon's lair in future patches or expansions)... How quickly will gear decay and need to be replaced... How quickly will a new character need to ditch his starter gear and get crafted gear...
    • Battlegrounds. Will there be non-instanced battlegrounds like in DAOC for low level characters to compete in and learn their classes?
    • Payment model. You've mentioned a lower sub price than the usual $14.95/month and maybe even different sub tiers. Can you give us any specfics such as dollar values...
    • Population balance. Any formal measures planned to make sure Arthurians don't have the biggest zerg on almost every server like they did in DAOC... Will there be server transfers perhaps only to low population realms/servers from higher ones... Will the be xp or other bonuses for struggling realms at release...

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Highland Heights, KYPosts: 405Member
    • Class Information - Some indepth and some general concepts.  We know that tanks, healers, speed, and ranged will be in the game, but makes these classes unique?
    • RvR Information - We know we'll be using siege equipments, but nothing has been truly fleshed out as far as the generalized understanding of how the mechanic itself works from DAoC and previous games.
    • Crafting - We've heard of building, but we don't know what other types of crafts will be available and what they'll be able to accomplish.
    • Core Concept Art - Expecting finished 3D renders is silly, but I'd love to see some concept art surrounding the core aspects of the game:  Keeps, Siege Equipment, Housing, Classes/Races, etc

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon
    I think they need to do a pod cast or release a video on youtube with example gameplay and the full flushed out concept. Too much speculation in what they say and what people want to hear them say.
  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    I think they need to do a pod cast or release a video on youtube with example gameplay and the full flushed out concept. Too much speculation in what they say and what people want to hear them say.

Does not exist, this is a KS, not a beta.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Highland Heights, KYPosts: 405Member

^ Exactly.  Some Kickstarter projects have working concept examples, others do not.  Due to the scale of this project, KS is actually being used as a gauge of whether there is enough support for Mark and his private investor to place a collective total of 3 million dollars with the 2 million collected from the KS.

If it doesn't fund, it doesn't happen.  Don't expect a working gameplay sample - As much of a supporter of Mark Jacobs (and CSE/CU), I don't even look for a working example by the end of KS.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

Seriously this again? You know full well that isn't going to happen during this Kickstarter. I get why that is a dealbreaker for many people and I plan for it to be a dealbreaker for me for future Kickstarters. For CU, you either like the concepts and back it or you don't. Asking for the impossible serves no purpose.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• wormedwormed Calgary, ABPosts: 374Member Uncommon
    Maybe I'm just being a negative ninny, but I don't think it'll cover the 700 grand it needs in the last week here. I HOPE so, but I'm pessemistic. :(
  • GreenHellGreenHell ludlow, MAPosts: 1,322Member Uncommon
    I don't think you can do anything. Just sit back and hope that more people fund the game. What else is their to do at this stage of its development?
    Originally posted by Zinzan

I don't care if its a KS, you can get some gameplay examples without creating a full beta. Anything would do, 3D models of examples etc. There are many ways to pitch your concepts. When I was in class I was able to create an example of what the world could look like in a couple of hours, also some really early footage. So don't tell me that because its a KS they can't provide any visuals, thats just plain false.

• HjamnrHjamnr Madison, WIPosts: 163Member

I don't care if its a KS, you can get some gameplay examples without creating a full beta. Anything would do, 3D models of examples etc. There are many ways to pitch your concepts. When I was in class I was able to create an example of what the world could look like in a couple of hours, also some really early footage. So don't tell me that because its a KS they can't provide any visuals, thats just plain false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCwE_0ZMydk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eurh6HlARdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWy7q6UnNDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nYLt6NPihA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDAZl5CXt4

What more would you like?

Here's their youtube page:  http://www.youtube.com/user/CityStateGames
    Originally posted by Hjamnr

Only one of those videos gave a few of the visuals I was looking for, the others were just random AI patrolling hacking at thin air. I think the problem here is that they needed to organize everything a little better. I think they can show us more. All this time has passed, I would like to see more then just random AI patrolling around in circles, I want concept drawings, 3d models. I want to know what system they are using, how are they planning to organize queing etc. I want all this in 1 pod cast just a complete overview of the game instead of 5 minutes here and there. I understand that a lot of you are okay with this, but like i said in another post why are you guys ok with someone handing you a sheet of paper and telling you this is going to be awesome? In business you need more then just blind faith.

EDIT: I do see some 3d models and some concept art. Its very brief but not nearly enough. Anyway I am not trying to argue with any of you here, but they need to organize themselves and pitch it properly.

Originally posted by Hjamnr

Only one of those videos gave a few of the visuals I was looking for, the others were just random AI patrolling hacking at thin air. I think the problem here is that they needed to organize everything a little better. I think they can show us more. All this time has passed, I would like to see more then just random AI patrolling around in circles, I want concept drawings, 3d models. I want to know what system they are using, how are they planning to organize queing etc. I want all this in 1 pod cast just a complete overview of the game instead of 5 minutes here and there. I understand that a lot of you are okay with this, but like i said in another post why are you guys ok with someone handing you a sheet of paper and telling you this is going to be awesome? In business you need more then just blind faith.

EDIT: I do see some 3d models and some concept art. Its very brief but not nearly enough. Anyway I am not trying to argue with any of you here, but they need to organize themselves and pitch it properly.

No queues:  There is no instanced content, especially not the combat area.

They are building their own engine, because none of the modern ones can handle the number of players on-screen that one they build themselves can.  Those vids are all in their brand-new custom engine that Andrew Meggs wrote.  That is what they were showing off there, was the sheer number of unique models they could have moving around on the screen, at once, at a great fps.

They have pretty much everything you're asking for, on their website, and on their Kickstater page.

Edit: Especially in their updates section on the KS pages.

• TuktzTuktz Atlanta, GAPosts: 299Member
    I kind of want to know how territorial control works, and how control over access to the depths works. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

Originally posted by Tuktz
    I kind of want to know how territorial control works, and how control over access to the depths works. =)

We all want to know those. Today would be a good time to release that info....

Camelot Unchained Backer

• NegativeXNegativeX Denver, COPosts: 100Member

If you want to know more, visit us @ Simply-Gaming.com

Pretty detailed FAQ that answers most of those questions.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

Originally posted by NegativeX

If you want to know more, visit us @ Simply-Gaming.com

Pretty detailed FAQ that answers most of those questions.

Thanks for the link, looking through it.

*Edit: I did look over the F&Q, it doesn't give a lot of information, even Mikes response are speculation as if hes not sure how he wants to move forward with certain things like classes etc.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by meddyck
    Originally posted by Tuktz I kind of want to know how territorial control works, and how control over access to the depths works. =)
    We all want to know those. Today would be a good time to release that info....

/agree

• TigsKCTigsKC Kansas City, MOPosts: 145Member Uncommon

Guys, guys…

I want to know all this stuff, too.  But, you cannot expect this level of fine detail to be thought out or perfected in a matter of a few weeks.  Rushed development is failed development.

Either you are stoked by the CSE’s concepts, energy and approach to this game or you are not.  The game is in its genesis!   I have chosen to back CSE and this game not because I can identify Camelot Unchained with certainty as the exact recipe for the best game ever, but rather because I want to be part of the process, the dialogue, and the back-and-forth of this game’s development.  CSE has generated a great deal of excitement for me through their candid communication and clear invitation to participate, and I, for one, look forward to the next two years of contributing to the game’s development, testing and the community as much (or more) than the following years of playing it. 

For those of you yet to back this game, I would say, “Stop fussing over your narrow-minded wish list and be part of building something cool. Today.”

For those of you backing the game, please be aware this is a 2+ year development process.  If you have an issue with waiting a few weeks, you might just die due to impatience before the game is released.  Stay positive and focus on sharing the good stuff we know and not the details we lack.

• DocmanduDocmandu AntwerpPosts: 60Member Common

Combat system + demo of the combat system instead of the demo of the building blocks they are working on now.

I think combat is kind of the most important thing in a PvP oriented game. I can overlook annoyances with crafting, travelling, even classes.. but if the combat system sucks, it's game over.

(I mean.. just look at GW2)

This is especially important to get right, since it's one of those things you really can't change after the game launches. While most of the other stuff can be changed (ie. new classes, extra teleports, ...)

• EdanyEdany Phoenix, AZPosts: 178Member
    Originally posted by meddyck
    • Classes. Anything you can give us. Some information has been scattered in posts on various forums, but put it all together in one official update with even more specifics that we've never seen before. Specific class names... What specific weapons different specific classes can use... How does speccing work... How exactly will getting better with a weapon the more you use it work...
    • Races. Show us more. What are their starting stats... Will races be limited to certain classes... Will there be racial abilities...
    • Stats. What are the stat bonuses in the game... Will you be able to customize them at character creation... Will they increase each time you level... If so, will it be automatic or will you be able to allocate new stat points as you want and will you be able to respec them... Will gear have stat bonuses... If so, will there be spellcrafting or a similar system to customize the stats on your gear...
    • Progression. This is the big one for me. What abilities will you be able to gain or train from leveling in RvR... Will different classes and/or races have different RvR abilities to choose from... How fast will you level... How long will it take to reach the level cap (if any)... What actions will give you RvR xp (just kills or also healing, taking or destroying buildings, rezzing, etc.)...
    • The map. Another big one. I've seen it mentioned that the map will be huge, there will be little or no fast travel, and there won't be permanent non-player created keeps. What will it actually look like... If I login and want to play for an hour or two and just want to engage in combat, how much of that time will be taken up traveling... Will you be able to go underwater in rivers and oceans (please say no)... Will there be a lot of one way cliffs that are "too steep to climb"... Will veil storms be random or location based and therefore able to be avoided once you learn them...
    • RvR. Yet another big one. What is the meta-game... In DAOC it was relics and keeps. In CU, what is it... How will we know we are winning... What do we gain by advancing and building deep in enemy territory... Is there any kind of win condition that causes a realm to be declared the winner followed by a reset...
    • Stretch goals. It's late and mostly a moot point, but what are the dollar values that must be achieved to earn the extra race and class and The Depths at release... If somehow this funds and mega dollars start pouring in from the PayPal folks, will there be any goals after The Depths...
    • Crafting. Exactly how will the crafting of gear work... What will make gear created by one crafter different from that created by another crafter... If the most veteran crafters make the best gear, what will be the market for gear created by less experienced crafters... Will The Depths gear basically be required because it is best in the game (until it is surpassed by gear created in the dragon's lair in future patches or expansions)... How quickly will gear decay and need to be replaced... How quickly will a new character need to ditch his starter gear and get crafted gear...
    • Battlegrounds. Will there be non-instanced battlegrounds like in DAOC for low level characters to compete in and learn their classes?
    • Payment model. You've mentioned a lower sub price than the usual $14.95/month and maybe even different sub tiers. Can you give us any specfics such as dollar values...
    • Population balance. Any formal measures planned to make sure Arthurians don't have the biggest zerg on almost every server like they did in DAOC... Will there be server transfers perhaps only to low population realms/servers from higher ones... Will the be xp or other bonuses for struggling realms at release...

This. If they can even get half of these questions answered clearly within the next 3 - 5 days, it stands a good chance of pushing whoever is on the fence off of it in one direction or another, and may make the difference.

• RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member

Queue me in with those disappointed with the lack of visuals. Im not talking about ingame footage, but they started well with the viking female animation and that other dude and later some netcode. I want more of that, with emphasis on the former.

Show us some cool models of a mage, for all i care it doesn't have to be animated and tell us more about the classes and races. But imho we need more pictures/vids and less texts.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Brockville, ONPosts: 115Member Uncommon

lol, some of these Kick starters give a new or true meaning to "Blind Faith"

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by TigsKC
    Guys, guys…

I want to know all this stuff, too.  But, you cannot expect this level of fine detail to be thought out or perfected in a matter of a few weeks.  Rushed development is failed development.

Either you are stoked by the CSE’s concepts, energy and approach to this game or you are not.  The game is in its genesis!   I have chosen to back CSE and this game not because I can identify Camelot Unchained with certainty as the exact recipe for the best game ever, but rather because I want to be part of the process, the dialogue, and the back-and-forth of this game’s development.  CSE has generated a great deal of excitement for me through their candid communication and clear invitation to participate, and I, for one, look forward to the next two years of contributing to the game’s development, testing and the community as much (or more) than the following years of playing it. 

For those of you yet to back this game, I would say, “Stop fussing over your narrow-minded wish list and be part of building something cool. Today.”

For those of you backing the game, please be aware this is a 2+ year development process.  If you have an issue with waiting a few weeks, you might just die due to impatience before the game is released.  Stay positive and focus on sharing the good stuff we know and not the details we lack.

Thats why most of my requests are just asking for info on the concepts, now finished stuff, just the concept outline.