Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anno Online: NA Closed Beta Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ubisoft has announced that the North American closed beta for Anno Online has officially kicked off. Anno Online is a F2P browser-based title based on the popular sim-strategy Anno 1404 game.

GUILD SYSTEM COMING MID-MAY

Anno Online will introduce new persistent online gameplay possibilities and offer players the opportunity to cooperate with friends thanks to the Guild System, set to release in mid-May. This Guild System will allow players to create their own Guilds, choose a name and tag, and invite up to 25 members to join.  The guild can then establish a larger strategy thanks to the guild chat channel. Guilds will have access to a new building, the Guild Hall building, which will allow members to gather together.

Interested players can sign up for the beta on the Anno Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Because Sim City (Online) worked so well...
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by Ingvar

This is a F2P browser game and follows the same vein of Settlers Online.

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

was it any good?

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Can anyone with beta key send me one? Thanks

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

was it any good?

To be honest, even though I loved Settlers series, I found myself quite bored with Settlers Online. Just give it a go and see if interests you.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    It's browser based, I'll pass.
  • ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

you know... its for free and thers no download.

everybody should try it and build an own opinion.

its kindy fun and absolut free.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I've tried these browser based games like this and they all end up the same. You'll be ploding along playing what you think is a casual game and a group of hard cores will just swarm over you like the speed bump you are.

If I want to goof around playing this with friends I'll stick to doing it as a multiplayer not an mmo.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

Give me a break, there is NO game on the market that is absolutely free.  If you think so, you are deluded.  All require some investment if you like playing it.  Lots of free to try games out there,  but good luck thinking you can play them for free.

Basically, the browser games are usually worse than the client based ones, their funding is seems to be driven by a engine that needs constant  neverending funding.   

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

Give me a break, there is NO game on the market that is absolutely free.  If you think so, you are deluded.  All require some investment if you like playing it.  Lots of free to try games out there,  but good luck thinking you can play them for free.

Basically, the browser games are usually worse than the client based ones, their funding is seems to be driven by a engine that needs constant  neverending funding.   

Someone's never heard of freeware.  It's actually hilarious how people believe every single game has some monetary agenda to it.

Regardless, this one is free to play and a browser based game.  That means people don't have to buy it and install the game files, in order to try it such as SimCity.  There won't be situations where people go to gamestop buy discs and can't play with this title.

Not saying it'll be a good game, but rather if it's terrible it'd be for other reasons.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There is absolutely no correlation between client type and cost to maintain the game. If you do have data on that, I'd love to see it. Note: Your ass is not a reliable source of data. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

There is absolutely no correlation between client type and cost to maintain the game. If you do have data on that, I'd love to see it. Note: Your ass is not a reliable source of data. 

Different opinions are always welcome.  My experience with these games, and I try a lot of them, is that most of the browser based games are inherently nickle and dimers.  You don't spend a lot on any one thing, but it really can add up buying things needed to play the game.   Many of the eastern f2p's also are very similar.

This game is a good example of that.  Good luck trying to play it for free.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Different opinions are always welcome.  My experience with these games, and I try a lot of them, is that most of the browser based games are inherently nickle and dimers.  You don't spend a lot on any one thing, but it really can add up buying things needed to play the game.   Many of the eastern f2p's also are very similar.

This game is a good example of that.  Good luck trying to play it for free.

Ok, you're talking about the payment model. Makes more sense now. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre