Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoW: Is China doing right what EU and USA cant?

LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

Just a few days playing Age of Wushu and im gladly surprised with its features like offline advancement npc characters, kidnapping of those, no lvls skill based, jail/execution/rewards for captured player criminals, spy and scroll stealing(funnnn), a very nice pvp system, no handholding...

Do USA and EU deserve this for his gazillion of wow carbon copies and its tier grind/all on a plate gameplay?

Is Asia doing better another time? (consoles and 80's arcades say hello)

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Lukooone

Just a few days playing Age of Wushu and im gladly surprised with its features like offline advancement npc characters, kidnapping of those, no lvls skill based, jail/execution/rewards for captured player criminals, spy and scroll stealing(funnnn), a very nice pvp system, no handholding...

Do USA and EU deserve this for his gazillion of wow carbon copies and its tier grind/all on a plate gameplay?

Is Asia doing better another time? (consoles and 80's arcades say hello)

games like this usually have a major drawback that fans who make threads like this overlook. So dont assume I am just singleing you out on this. Threads like this are done all the time to promote niche based products.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Nah, age of wushu is allright but it has plenty of flaws you seem to have ignored, not noticed yet or left out. The game has no voices at all what so ever. When I played age of wushu i felt like i had muted the game and put on a cd of chinese music. pve is worse then pretty much every other mmo I've played since and including aion. The pvp has some merit but with all the skills this game makes available and the systems at play will never be any kind of ballanced. The whole cultivation system is a gimp mechanic constantly pushing you to the cash shop, want to use that xp you earned then go vip. The whole idea that when im not on i can be kidnapped and log back in to a penalty for it is a messed up way to scare people into playing the game as well as other mechanics that will have many logging in just to stand about in a safe spot and recieve the free timed gifts. 

Sounds negative right, the game does some cool things though. I like how npcs in the street respond to being bumped. There are great movement abillities like running up walls and flying as well as some great animations for moves and attacks. The world is very nice looking though kind of dated graphically allowing for the highest setting easily.  The chat system is great with all the emotes you can add bringing much personallity into chat text though gold spammers have kind of ruined that a bit. The pvp has lots of potential for epic fights though dont expect any kind of ballanced or level playing field. Overall a good game but nothing so special as to make china the new leader in mmo's....

• LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153
    It has no voices? Man, I cant find the correct words to describe you the biggest "I dont care" of the universe... No offence man, but, Im not looking for cool graphics, music or voices, I have good console games for that, im am interested in another kind of features in a mmorpg like its player interaction(good or evil) and social aspect, fun and challenging modes etc..

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• jalexbrownjalexbrown Member UncommonPosts: 253
    I'm not going to say I dislike sandbox games or really any single design concept from Age of Wushu, but there's something about the whole of the game that just feels...kind of crappy, to be honest.  It definitely feels like a free to play Asian MMO to me, and I'm not a big fan of that feeling.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

games like this usually have a major drawback that fans who make threads like this overlook. So dont assume I am just singleing you out on this. Threads like this are done all the time to promote niche based products.

I played the Chinese version before the US version is launched.

Too much walking around and backtracking. The combat system is not that fun. And i don't like walking 20 min to look for a little quest icon with pretty much nothing happens in between.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Probably is for some.

Can't say I have any desire to play AoW myself.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I am currently playing AoW and it's basically OK, although the button-mashing combat doesn't really inspire me and, inevitably, the quests are the usual, boring, cookie-cutter "kill this" stuff.  It's the best Asian game to make it over here, but that's not saying much really, given the god-awful state of them.  I might not bother playing it much, but at least it's still on my hard drive whereas I usually delete Asian MMOs a few hours after I try them.  Overall, I would say give it a try.  
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    All of the positive features dress up the fact that the game forces the player to buy currency once you are past the beginning levels, just to keep up. There is no possible way to earn all the "unbound silver" you need to get mid to upper level items. High end weapons, recipes, and other things are so expensive that there is no choice but to head to the cash shop (I won't even talk about all the other crap in there, the pills, the horses that expire, etc). I would say even if you played this game 10-12 hours a day, that would still be the case. All in all, while there are positive features to be mentioned, at its heart AoW is still a heavy Asian grinder which forces a player to use the cash shop or suffer (even if you have a VIP sub). No thanks.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Like most niche games, it has a bunch of interesting features but gameplay falls flat.  Combat feels clunky and slow.  And constantly being pushed towards the cash shop is a turn off.  I'm not completely anti-CS but it feels like an aggressive salesman in a store.  It's just plain annoying.  I do think the concept, theme/setting, and features are pretty cool but not enough to keep me playing. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube