Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Play DFUW Solo

UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

I keep seeing this come up.

So I recently did a test of a whole bunch of n00b feats to see how long it would take to do them solo, how much prowess I would get, and how much loot I would get.

http://youtu.be/j4-XoYt-84U

Time Spent: ~6 hours
PvP Deaths: 0
Times attacked: 5
150 Kill Feats Completed: 9
Total Prowess Gains: 2.62k
Total Gold: 4.2k (before salvaging)
Other notable loot: ~100 ingots, 300 leather, 70 wood, 13 steed, 2 runes, countless skinning mats

This was all in the worst armor with the worst weapon.  If I was attacked I just retreated to the safezone and then continued when I could.  I did already play a bit at this point, but the only advantage was 112HP and +6 DMG which did not make a substantial different with this monsters.

Thoughts?

Personally I don't think this was too bad.  2.6k will let you get your 3rd stat booster, raise other stats a bit, and raise your main skills to 50.  Also, I got enough loot to fund a lot more PvE.

I'm going to continue testing some solo prowess gains to see how it is.  I'll go for some of the harder hidden feats and see how feasible it is to do solo.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Should be noted that if you are solo'ing you should bring a mount or two.  As soon as you spot someone running towards you, mount up and go. 

If you don't have a mount and you are a noob, you will die if someone attacks you.  It's ok though.  You will soon become numb to this.  So if your looking to  raise prowess, don't loot anything other than maybe reagents or arrows if your a caster or archer.  That way when you die you have no loot on you worth taking.  Head back to the spawn and continue.  When your ready to leave, loot the graves that didnt despawn and you at least bring something home from your troubles.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Should be noted that if you are solo'ing you should bring a mount or two.  As soon as you spot someone running towards you, mount up and go. 

If you don't have a mount and you are a noob, you will die if someone attacks you.  It's ok though.  You will soon become numb to this.  So if your looking to  raise prowess, don't loot anything other than maybe reagents or arrows if your a caster or archer.  That way when you die you have no loot on you worth taking.  Head back to the spawn and continue.  When your ready to leave, loot the graves that didnt despawn and you at least bring something home from your troubles.

I loot everything since salvaging is a significant form of income now.

But yes, bringing a mount is ALWAYS worth it since mounts are inexpensive in DFUW.

Getting away from an attacker is MUCH easier in DFUW since there is no bunny hopping and archery has a large cone of fire when people are chasing you.  Even in n00b armor I was able to escape a 4v1 gank attempt and ride 5min back to the safezone.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Uzik

But yes, bringing a mount is ALWAYS worth it since mounts are inexpensive in DFUW.

Getting away from an attacker is MUCH easier in DFUW since there is no bunny hopping and archery has a large cone of fire when people are chasing you.  Even in n00b armor I was able to escape a 4v1 gank attempt and ride 5min back to the safezone.

This is excellent advice about 'how to get prowess solo'. However, this isn't quite the same thing as 'how to play DFUW solo'.

There must be more to playing DFUW solo than just grinding about 2K prowess points.

Technically, you should include how to live in the DFUW world solo. This should include how to explore solo and how to PvP solo.

Despite my advice - which I hope is constructive - your guide is very good and something of a first - I couldn't have done it.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

This is excellent advice about 'how to get prowess solo'. However, this isn't quite the same thing as 'how to play DFUW solo'.

There must be more to playing DFUW solo than just grinding about 2K prowess points.

Technically, you should include how to live in the DFUW world solo. This should include how to explore solo and how to PvP solo.

Despite my advice - which I hope is constructive - your guide is very good and something of a first - I couldn't have done it.

I can go over some other things like how to escape from gank attempts and find crafters etc. as well.

However, people need to accept that playing a REAL MMO as a solo player means that you are going to sacrifice a lot of game content.  You won't be getting involved in politics, sieges, large group fights, super boss monsters etc.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I can go over some other things like how to escape from gank attempts and find crafters etc. as well.

However, people need to accept that playing a REAL MMO as a solo player means that you are going to sacrifice a lot of game content.  You won't be getting involved in politics, sieges, large group fights, super boss monsters etc.

I entirely agree with you.