Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Scarlet Blade PORN ADS! :(

1235»

Comments

  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 grenoblePosts: 107Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Elikal

    This is just too far! This isn't simply a bit sexy outfits, these are blatent porn ads! I never have used Adblock on MMORPG.com, but if this is allowed here now, sorry I must add MMORPG.com to Adblock. I do no want to be forced to see such porn pictures as so called advertisement!

    This has gotten too far!

    Ultil you can assure me MMORPG.com will refrain from sexist porn ads, I will unfortunately keep you on Adblock.

    Don't ever come in Europe during summer. Here women sunbathe topless, you'd have a heart attack.

  • MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon

    I've seen a few comments mentionning how we wouldn't bat an eye if it was shirtless man in the ads, I wonder if that's really true however. In video game ads, a shirtless man definitively does not project the same intentions as a shirtless female, the former usually depicts a muscle man to give the impression of "power" whereas the latter gives the impression of "beauty" or "arousal" (if they take certain pose). To make a real comparison of the Scarlet Ads, which uses "naked" female imagery for sexual purposes, you'd have to find the male equivalent, which is "naked" male imagery for sexual purposes.

     

    Consider ads like these showing on MMORPG.com and how you'd feel with them :

    Tag: Make your enemies bend over!

     

    Tag: Show them who's the master!

     

    ------------

     

    Would you be bothered by those ads?

    These images are a little too tame for what I wanted to portray, but oh well. I tried to find more sexual imagery, but sexual images of male wearing clothes (to keep this website-friendly so I don't get a warning) are a little on the hard side to find.

    ------
    Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

  • expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by vladww
    Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

    Violence & death = okay?

    pixelated women in revealing clothes = the mother of all evil?

     

    LOL world?!

     

     

    Spot on, you nailed it

    thats the thing, they aint women, they are clearly girls very young looking girls. disgusting.

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,590Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by vladww
    Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

    Violence & death = okay?

    pixelated women in revealing clothes = the mother of all evil?

     

    LOL world?!

     

     

    Spot on, you nailed it

    thats the thing, they aint women, they are clearly girls very young looking girls. disgusting.

    The heads and faces of a 12 Y/O on bodies twice their age. Yeah, I agree, it's not sexy, arousing, attractive  or beautiful in any way. There is nothing natural here. It won't prevent me from visiting MMORPG, but the pictures a a little disturbing.  Maybe if the art direction depicted female faces that matched the bodies and were clearly in the 20s, the argument might be about erotica. But these......are just kinda freaky tbh.

  • JasonJJasonJ New Port Richey, FLPosts: 395Member

    I can only imagine the outrage if this site had a few bikini adverts with real actual women...cartoon cleveage is porn...lol.

  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Auburn Hills, MIPosts: 165Member
    Honestly I do not see what the problem is. There is no nudity and the stuff on TV is about 3x worse than any of the art in these ads. If these ads bother you then I'd assume you don't have a TV, read magazines, or go to the beach. Blowing off heads in a video game is fine, but God forbid we see some side boob....
  • JasonJJasonJ New Port Richey, FLPosts: 395Member
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

    I've seen a few comments mentionning how we wouldn't bat an eye if it was shirtless man in the ads, I wonder if that's really true however. In video game ads, a shirtless man definitively does not project the same intentions as a shirtless female, the former usually depicts a muscle man to give the impression of "power" whereas the latter gives the impression of "beauty" or "arousal" (if they take certain pose). To make a real comparison of the Scarlet Ads, which uses "naked" female imagery for sexual purposes, you'd have to find the male equivalent, which is "naked" male imagery for sexual purposes.

     

    Consider ads like these showing on MMORPG.com and how you'd feel with them :

    Tag: Make your enemies bend over!

     

    Tag: Show them who's the master!

     

    ------------

     

    Would you be bothered by those ads?

    These images are a little too tame for what I wanted to portray, but oh well. I tried to find more sexual imagery, but sexual images of male wearing clothes (to keep this website-friendly so I don't get a warning) are a little on the hard side to find.

    Umm, not if they were CARTOON images...I know I didnt get offended by any of the AoC adverts of barbarians in loincloths with "heads will roll" nor the adverts of the female in war paint and unending cleveage showing.

    This is just more typical waaaaaaa from the MMORPG community who think cartoons can be porn more than likely because they are being turned on by it and want to hide it.

  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Originally posted by Muke

     


    Originally posted by vladww

    Originally posted by Dwigo  What a bunch of prudes. And shouldn't you be, I don't know, working while at work? Kinda funny how noone is mad about ads showing killing but show a semi-nude female and everyone is up in arms.
    This.

     

    Violence prone ads are ok,

    But semi nudity is shocking ?

     

    What a freak world is this

     

     


     

    Oh I can give you a fun example;

    I know a guy who likes to hunt in the woods, he has guns at home you would only expect on Specforces, he teaches his sons how to guns to hunt and defend themselves...

    yet he complained about mss Jackson's 'accidental' nipple slip during the Superbowl, as it would be a very bad for the moral values of the younger generations.

     They need to come out from the back woods and see how the world is today then.  Also they don't need to shoot shit to survive/defend themselves. <<<One of the biggest problems.

    image

  • SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    I  don't even pay attention to the ads. Isn't hard to do.

    That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

  • IkedaIkeda Largo, FLPosts: 2,204Member Uncommon

    14 pages later  people are still being silly and arguing is it or isn't it. Workplaces have strict policies in place. If this site doesn't wish to be SFW that's their choice. This has come up quite a few times in the past and typically MMORPG has done the right thing. I don't go looking for porn or the like when my kids around, should I also not be able to come here as well? While this IS a forum and typically has mature discussions, flaunting that imagery in my kids face is unacceptable. For the same reason I still have her close her eyes when imagery in movies becomes too much.

    Whether you agree or not, it is enough that some think that it is too much. Either this site IS NSFW or its not. A simple toggle at the top of the page to select that would also be possible.

    SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

  • MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JasonJ

    Umm, not if they were CARTOON images...I know I didnt get offended by any of the AoC adverts of barbarians in loincloths with "heads will roll" nor the adverts of the female in war paint and unending cleveage showing.

    This is just more typical waaaaaaa from the MMORPG community who think cartoons can be porn more than likely because they are being turned on by it and want to hide it.

    The men in the AoC ads were not put there for sexual purposes though, only the females were. Even from a fairly early age, we've been shown men in loincloth as people of strength(Tarzan comes to mind), and it's no surprise to see the Barbarian portrayed in a similar fashion.

     

    And I couldn't find any cartoon image (at least none that could be linked on this site) so I had to go with real men.

     

    ------
    Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

    And yet after all these replies, not one of the MMORPG staff. Not Mike, not Bill, or even Suzie has had anythg to say about this. One has to wonder.

     

  • BTrayaLBTrayaL BucharestPosts: 595Member Uncommon
    MMORPG.com doesn't give a crap about your (and mine) opinion, as long as they get their money from the ads. I understand the need to have funds, but some lines shouldn't be crossed.

    image
  • JasonJJasonJ New Port Richey, FLPosts: 395Member
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

    The men in the AoC ads were not put there for sexual purposes though, only the females were. Even from a fairly early age, we've been shown men in loincloth as people of strength(Tarzan comes to mind), and it's no surprise to see the Barbarian portrayed in a similar fashion.

     

    And I couldn't find any cartoon image (at least none that could be linked on this site) so I had to go with real men. 

    Ahh thank you...

    This isnt about whats right or wrong...its about how culture has trained you to think about what is or is not acceptable to the point of redonkulousness.

    Real men in loincloth = ok

    cartoon image of female showing skin = bad

    And again...where was the outrage over the females in the AoC adverts?!? Worse yet, in the game women were sex objects and it had quests based around helping women that were RAPED and even had a damn brothel right in the starting town where sexual favors are offered for service (even though you cant take them).

    Heard no protests about that...

  • DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    Originally posted by BTrayaL
    MMORPG.com doesn't give a crap about your (and mine) opinion, as long as they get their money from the ads. I understand the need to have funds, but some lines shouldn't be crossed.

    Some lines shouldn't be lines.

  • AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,551Moderator Uncommon

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383179/The-Scarlet-Blade-advertisements-make-MMORPGcom-NSFW-.html

     

    Already a thread on this posted yesterday. Please read the first page or so before posting a topic.

    To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

1235»
This discussion has been closed.