Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Total Newbie to Darkfall Early Game Impressions & Observations

13»

Comments

• DreskestDreskest El Paso, TXPosts: 69Member
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Kshahdoo

Originally posted by Aragon100

Originally posted by tristanryan

Originally posted by Burntvet No. This game is nothing like Eve, and to even mention it in the same breath is an insult. This game is another pathetic effort from a pathetic indie developer, launched at least a year too soon (again). Eve is 10X the game DFUO will ever be on its best day. Worth $40 +$15/mo? Only if you want to pay for continued development of a half finished game. Worth for a game no where near ready for release? No Way.
    Few facts for ya, as im an eve player as well.   1. Eve, 10+ years ago, was also launched by an "indie" developer, and if not still hasnt been too many years, are still "indie". 2. I said similar. Its a sandbox with harsh consequences on death with losing player made goods crafted in a player economy. How is this not similar to EvE? Ill wait. Thanks for reading!    
    To be a sandbox you need some sandbox elements wont you?

Too bad DFUW have just about none. 

A better comparable game is quake.

As a 6 years EVE veteran I can say - go and play EVE, it's exactly for such carebears and blobbers as you.

EVE with it's worthless PvP? Why would i like to play that? It's more fun to watch paint dry.

If you played UO felucca mode, you know the real sandbox, for almost +10 years as i did then you have some demands on what you play.

DFUW have about 50% of promised content and that isnt good enough. We were lied to. Just removed my subscription and you know what it felt very good.

Now i just have to wait for Richard Garriott's next game SotA which actually might bring back UO felucca. Alpha starts end of 2013.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

I have the feeling at the end of 2013 we'll be reading another "we were lied to" statement on these forums lol.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,420Member

I prefer UW to Eve because you have more freedom in UW - Eve has those awful gates where you either get ganked (and you can't move) or you get bored gatecamping. 

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,330Member
    Originally posted by Nikecow
    Originally posted by corpusc
    Originally posted by atuerstar

I have TF2+Rift for PVP

TSW for PVE

GW2 to play with girlfriend

and way too many single player games (all of which perform stunningly well and look wondrous) to justify spending $800 to make a gutted ugly reboot playable. 

Thanks for your review though, glad youre having fun.

that only makes sense if your current computer is a piece of shit that would only get 15 frames (like his), and decided to spend $800 (totally unnecessary & excessive amount of money for anyone that has any computer building knowledge)

my computer was midrange back in 2010 (cpu) and 2008 (gpu), and i get 44 FPS in super crowded cities and 90 FPS in crowded combat areas.

This must be one of the dumbest things I've read in a while here. 800$ is not even close to a high-end rig neither is it excesisve by ANY means. I've just dropped about 3k$ on my pc (yes, I love pc's so you will have to deal with it) and only now is it able to max out pretty much everything. Don't hate on people just because you have less money, it makes you look pathetic.

At Op, was a good read, thank you. Now actually considering buying this game.

well this IS the dumbest post i've seen here in ages. 

who said anything about hating PCs?  thats an astoundingly ____ conclusion to come to after reading things that state the opposite.

nowhere in there did i hate on people for having money and spending it in any way that they want.

did you forget already what we were talking about ALREADY?  refresher

we're talking about BUILDING A COMPUTER YOURSELF THAT CAN RUN DARKFALL well, and $800 is completely excessive for that purpose, just as a stated above in red.  

fact is my years old $300 PC plays Darkfall beautifully.   <---- **** THIS WAS THE POINT OF MY MESSAGE ****

an $800 rig could be amazing for Darkfall (it doesn't require much) instead of adequate.

how did you miss all of that context?  i was not commenting on your personal life, your platform tastes or your personal decisions!  but the fact you acted that way is hilarious!  8)

if all you got out of my message was some flight of fancy that has nothing to do with reality or anything i said,.... well good for you and your awesome money explosion i guess.

don't hate on people because you have no concept of anything they said, the conversation, the context, and have an extremely underperformant real life CPU (i'll translate that for you, your brain).

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,330Member
    Originally posted by BrownAle

Long story short.  $800 is like the bare bones minimum for a decent gaming rig, and only if your not a total derp and spend all of it on a CPU.

don't forget what i'm talking about when you're commenting on what i'm talking about.

SUBJECT:    **** custom built DIY machine ADEQUATE FOR DARKFALL ****

barebones is more like $200.

it could be awesome for $800. 

SUBJECT: **** custom built DIY machine ADEQUATE FOR DARKFALL ****

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

13»