Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Engine

achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Interview on Zam with lead software engineer Steve Moret on Wildstar's Engine.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32245&storypage=1

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    Thanks
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Nice find!  Thanks for taking the time to post this.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Thanks for the link!  

I read somewhere that those funny videos that they have on their site are actually taken using their game engine.  That's pretty damn nice!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i love wildstars campy art style, sure it was done in the name or wowlike low end shitty systems being able to run it, but its also adorable esp when committing atrocity level violence upon enemies!

lets just hope they offer a dx 11 64 bit client with the ability to use the horsepower of a modern gaming pc.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

The Engine and the Network article were both very informative and giving a quite exclusive "under the hood" view to the game.

Something I do not recall seeing much before.

I think the fact they have their own Engine and that it has been in development since 2005 are very good positive points in favor of Wildstar. It shows that NCsoft has trust in these guys and is not pushing them at all. Having a proprietary engine is also something very important.

So thumbs up to the OP for the article and good lucj Wildstar, you got lots of promise here :D

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

It has a WoW + Ratchet and Clank look to it. Strangely enough...I like it

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time