Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My main concern for the game!!!

I am a big Elderscrolls and somewhat of a mmo fan. I only played a few mmorpg in my time. I know what I like and what I hate. Anyways I seen the leaked video on the Elderscrolls Online and I rather enjoyed and liked the graphics. It reminded me of my all time favorite game in the series Morrowind. Graphics could be many things these days. The colors dont need to be all shiny to be great. I am also not saying it looks outdated because it looks like Morrowind. Anyways none of that is my concern for the game. My real concern is that I think like about  95% of the people will be playing as a NORD because of the Skyrim effect. Will it even matter about factions when everyone will be in the same faction? I feel like I might end up being all alone in the Daggerfall Covenant.

Comments

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by elderscrollsdude
    I am a big Elderscrolls and somewhat of a mmo fan. I only played a few mmorpg in my time. I know what I like and what I hate. Anyways I seen the leaked video on the Elderscrolls Online and I rather enjoyed and liked the graphics. It reminded me of my all time favorite game in the series Morrowind. Graphics could be many things these days. The colors dont need to be all shiny to be great. I am also not saying it looks outdated because it looks like Morrowind. Anyways none of that is my concern for the game. My real concern is that I think like about  95% of the people will be playing as a NORD because of the Skyrim effect. Will it even matter about factions when everyone will be in the same faction? I feel like I might end up being all alone in the Daggerfall Covenant.

I been thinking of playing in the Daggerfall Covenant for that reason.

Also Morrowind is the best ;)

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    That is your main concern for the game? Seriously!? Oh wait you just made an account nvm...

• elderscrollsdudeelderscrollsdude Member Posts: 2
    Yeah I did. So what?
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by elderscrollsdude
    Yeah I did. So what?

personally, i will be playing an orc. so that's one less person you have to worry about rolling a nord :)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I've always assumed that the way they came up with these factions isn't because of the lore they started writing down, but instead based on what races people tended to play the most. It would seem like, from an RvR design point of view, it would be best to put the races that garner the most attention with the races that garner the least attention. You do this so your faction imbalances for number of people playing on a faction don't end up being too far apart. It was only after they used these statistics that they actual wrote the lore to support the system.

It seems like the smart way to do it, but it's only specualtion. 

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    from the polls i've seen the factions will be pretty well balanced.  also,  it doesnt matter wether they are or not.  as each "instance" of cyrodiil will be.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by colddog04

I've always assumed that the way they came up with these factions isn't because of the lore they started writing down, but instead based on what races people tended to play the most. It would seem like, from an RvR design point of view, it would be best to put the races that garner the most attention with the races that garner the least attention. You do this so your faction imbalances for number of people playing on a faction don't end up being too far apart. It was only after they used these statistics that they actual wrote the lore to support the system.

they are actually geographially based.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by muffins89

they are actually geographially based.

Then he has a legitimate concern.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

"Because the East Empire Company was chartered directly by the Emperor, its offices, warehouses and docks were adjacent to the castle, and its security was assured by the Imperial garrisons. The provinces of Skyrim and Black Marsh maintained diplomatic missions in Ebonheart, the latter mainly in concern for its citizens, due to the fact that the Morrowind province was exempt from the abolition of slavery."

I would actually had preferred if your allegiance could also be made up through what guild you choose to follow, having some counter eachother. It was always silly to be in Thieves Guild and The Dark Brotherhood at once because Thieves guild did not want you to kill anyone. I would like to see some rivalry between all guilds, instead of being able to clear the Fighters Guild's trials by spewing fire on everyone.